Storn Art from idea to Full Picture Year 5

death tribble

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Storn Art from idea to Full Picture Year 5

In the thread there will be no votes just two people's opinions.
Not even a non-binding resolution? ;)

I'd actually been kind of hoping we could at least get a preview of what you deemed worthy finalists, and maybe an opportunity to choose who among them we liked best (even if it didn't obligate you to choose the winnder).

Not even a non-binding resolution? ;)

I'd actually been kind of hoping we could at least get a preview of what you deemed worthy finalists, and maybe an opportunity to choose who among them we liked best (even if it didn't obligate you to choose the winnder).

I have kept on a whole batch of last years as noted in the earlier parts of the thread and then have rejected only a couple so far.

Mind you Korvar has not posted anything to bait me with so far on the thread as he has done previously.

We may not be able to vote, but I can have ideas taken out of the running:)

DT I paid Storn for Shard and Greyhound already. I really like these two ideas and I decided they both would make great additional villains in my world.

We may not be able to vote, but I can have ideas taken out of the running:)

DT I paid Storn for Shard and Greyhound already. I really like these two ideas and I decided they both would make great additional villains in my world.

How dastardly! Dirty politics! :)

I didn't see a restriction on power armor' date=' and there are so many out there, but I'd like to see something in power armor that's large and in charge. Instead of the usual blaster types, I'd like to see a goliath brick. A big bad with exhaust screaming out of it from the excess heat generated by its high-science generator. Large through the legs and arms but not clunky, something slick with a small head. Something anime-ish, I guess, but minus the missile launchers and giant guns, maybe in a pose like pro-wrestler. Do it up in a blue and gold color scheme or even black and purple. =) I wanna see big feet and hands, overarmored forearms, but smooth is the overall theme rather than clunky.[/quote']

Looking at this again, (I'm actually working on a miniature for this idea) I'd like to add a tad of flavor with the idea of making it slightly caveman/ape-like in its demeanor and combining it with the feel of a rip-roaring muscle car. =)

Two ideas from Remjin

I didn't see a restriction on power armor, and there are so many out there, but I'd like to see something in power armor that's large and in charge. Instead of the usual blaster types, I'd like to see a goliath brick. A big bad with exhaust screaming out of it from the excess heat generated by its high-science generator. Large through the legs and arms but not clunky, something slick with a small head. Something anime-ish, I guess, but minus the missile launchers and giant guns, maybe in a pose like pro-wrestler. Do it up in a blue and gold color scheme or even black and purple. =) I wanna see big feet and hands, overarmored forearms, but smooth is the overall theme rather than clunky.

Or...

A super-slick character, as in slippery, a guy who moves like glass over oil. Slim, sleek, body-tight clothes with a few aerodynamic flares in a pose that makes him look like he's sliding ultra-fast over pavement or the like. A facemask with a slit visor to protect him and help him perceive the movement or at least process it. Perhaps some kind of grapple-line shooters to help him make turns by shooting out a line around a pole to make sharp turns, and traction pieces on him so that he can brake and change directions some. =) Now that I think about it, I kind of want to play this character... hmmm... just neat sfx, I guess.

From Enforcer84

Well, here's another Superteam of mine. A group of mystical/quasi mystical misfits sitting on the sidelines of the Good v Evil grudgematch.

Xombie: Gentleman Zombie. Think well preserved corpse of British nobility just before the Revolutionary War. Dresses well, doesn't seem to be rotting but deathly pale and odd, pupiless eyes

Grunt: Big muscle bound, bald, goatee, mindgem, nicely tailored suit.

Wildthorn: Dryad/Biker Chick hybrid

Devil Woman: Red Skinned, black haired beauty with Suggestive Sorceress robes

The Blade: a ninja trapped in a cursed suit of armor that allows him to summon bladed weapons (or just spikes and blades), something akin to the Shredder I suppose. Can't take of armor.

Mother Russia: A female werebear from the former Soviet Union.

Lon Ra: Antrhopomorphic (but short) Siamese cat, young sphinx lost in the world.

From Supreme Serpent

The Remnant

Figure floating in mid-air, patchwork of different tattered costumes, with some open spaces between body parts. In the spaces a glowing energy "skeleton" can be made out. One hand noticeably male, one noticeable female, some robotic parts, misc. possible foci. Several unrelated power effects going on at once.

Remnant is all that remains of the (insert hero team name here). Years past, their arch-nemesis managed to kill them with a massive explosion. The collective willpower combined with the team mystic's spirit to give them new "life" as a gestalt being, The Remnant, which thwarted the surprised villain. Today The Remnant mostly lives...somewhere...in seclusion, but will sometimes appear in times of great need.

Each of the parts retains some of the original hero's powers - the eye has vision powers and eyebeams, one arm can use fire, the other is super-strong, etc

These last ones are all mine,

'The other man was almost as tall as his companion but obscenely fat, his enormous belly hanging pendulously between his thighs. His body appeared out of proportion to his legs, which were short and slightly bowed. The fat man's face was perfectly round and quite pale but his features were very delicate: green eyes enclosed by long dark lashes; a thin unbroken nose; and a long mouth with full dark lips that were almost feminine.

Ay passing resemblence of facial beauty were undone by his chin and the tumorous distended neck in which it lost itself.

He was balding but his remaining hasir was very black and cut short against his skull'

Heavy Metal Angel. The Angel is constructed of metal like a sculpture of a skeleton except the main body particularly around the spine has musculature

It is sharp and pointy rather than being smooth. The wings are very skeletal and are more of a frame, there are no feathers.

These two above are based on John Connolly's The Black Angel and a statue in the book but it is organic and the real thing.

The other idea carried over from previously is a set of battlesuits from the 40s to modern day. Sort of like Iron Man's suits but for the Champions board.

This will be more than one pic obviously.

New this year

A Type V Demon either as a half drow/half type V with black skin only four arms and Elvish features or the real deal classic Type V original Monster Manual version. In bioth cases they have been pulled from a comic and are adapting to the real world as it were.

The Anti-Pope. Full regalia as from previous centuries with ermine robe and crown.

A suit of armour, the Turtle suit. A dwarf pilots the suit which is on four legs and has a quasi rubber neck to a head with two small laser attachments to either side of the head. We just get to see the suit not the pilot.

Mr Brains. A brain golem wearing a suit. The feet and hands are brains and it projects TK in the forms of hands or claws

Alright now it is your turn

And before I forget She-Grond is being added to this as well.

Okay, here's a few:

Needler: A dart-thrower of extraordinary precision, his costume consists of a red, green, black, and white bodysuit patterned like a stylized dartboard (not just a chest emblem, but over most of the bodysuit, maybe stretched out of proportion like a Salvador Dali clock). He has a satchel to carry some darts, a segmented belt holding more, plus wristbands and boots (thick enough to hide even more darts). He also has gloss-black wraparound goggles (high-tech look, like maybe some vision enhancement or radar inside). He has medium-length red hair, somewhat messy.

ROVer: a gadgeteer, he wears an armored vest over a padded bodysuit, with a helmet sprouting several small radio antennae and goggles covering the eyes. A half-dozen metal spheres, about 4" in diameter, orbit around his chest/waist area (front and back), each with a camera mounted over a blaster focusing lens. His ROV (Remote-Operated Vehicles) are all built as robotic dogs (flyine Airedales, tough Pit Bulls, and general-purpose Dachshunds), so maybe have one by his side with the fur partially blasted away and showing the metal workings beneath.

I am thinking of something a little different - more of a 'Pulp' style hero who really just seems to have one power/ability.

I am thinking of a woman dressed in 1930-40's era flight/travel garments. Leather jacket, baggy pants, tall boots. She will need to wear a helmet of sorts, something aerodynamic for her ability. Her ability is really a Hovercycle, so it probably be a two in one. The cycle should be sleek, also with a retro pulp look, big intake in the front, possibly even have a slight resemblance to a horse with no legs. Like the Phantom, The Shadow, even Indiana Jones, she has her brains and some hand to hand fighting ability to get the job done. But her weapon of choice is a collapsible staff that can also double as a joust.

I am not sure if it is too pulp for you Death Tribble - if it is - I apologize, I have just been on a kick lately as to what I play in a Champs game.

edit: I am toying with a name - the Red Duchess (not sure if it works...)

But let me try another "think out loud" item.

What don't we have so far...? A robot, perhaps?

I flashed on the idea of a robot with a human brain inside, but of course that's been done. It probably wouldn't be reflected much in the artwork anyway. So maybe there is a human brain, or maybe it's an AI.

But what could be unusual about the robot's appearance to make it appealing?

Maybe it has some sort of Lovecraftian aspect to it?

This robot has regular arms and legs to move about in our own world, but the arms have extendible tentacles -- let's say six each -- that can grab and move objects. Another dozen or so tentacles hang from the back of the head like dreadlocks, and serve in combat to deflect incoming attacks. Just for good measure, it can generate electrical shocks through the tentacles to knock opponents out (or help charge up allies' electrical equipment).

It can also fly around, using a built-in jetpack-like setup on its back. Jets in the soles of its feet are used for steering. The overall look is humanoid first, but also has a cephalapod-like appearance to the streamlining.

It probably has a bunch of other powers that wouldn't be reflected in the art: special senses, interfacing with other computers, sight and hearing Flash attacks, and so forth.

Let's call it one of the good guys; it looks like it does because the designer wanted a streamlined look, and is a fan of that kind of thing in movies and comics.

For a name, let's say... Streamline.

This is a preliminary list of ones still in. There's another bit to go yet and I still await The Question Man to post his ideas but I am looking to drop some more of the ideas.

From Myrlyn

However I doubt you'll be commissioning that many pics, so, I'd like to see some Heroes and Villains based on some Lewis Carroll characters (not necessarily to be associated with the Cheshire Cat or the Gryphon). In my campaign, Wonderland is a real alternate dimension, but is also a slightly darker place than is perhaps depicted in the Lewis Carroll tales (though granted some parts of his tales are already dark). Some characters based on these tales might include:

The Jabberwock - A Traditional Brick with the flaming eyes, claws that tear (tunneling/rending), leathery wings. (in my world, this hero's powers derive from a belt made from the hide of the Jabberwock, which was tanned and cured after the beast was beheaded by the nameless hero wielding the vorpal blade). Vulnerable to magic based attacks.

Alice - The adult version of the young Alice that tumbled down the rabbit hole. She faced some very scary creatures in Wonderland, and almost lost her head. These childhood traumas have hardened her and made her into a modern Martial Artist/Monster Hunter type (a la Buffy).

Tweedledee and Tweedledum - This brick pair can drain peoples very intelligence merely by uttering a few warped and twisted phrases/riddles. Both are idiots themselves, and can be easily duped. Prone to combating one another as much as fighting their foes. Pathological fear of crows.

The White Rabbit - This speedster is always in a rush to go somewhere, but is often easily confused. Also possesses ability to shrink to a mere fraction of his original size.

The Caterpillar - A bizarre oracle like being, capable of inducing incredible shrinking and growth size changes in others using his mushrooms. Perhaps has some gas based NND attacks from his hookah.

The March Hare - A madcap serial rapist villain. Despicable to the core and loony beyond compare. (Why a rapist? It comes from the roots of the phrase "Mad as a March hare")

The White Knight - A gadgeteer hero. Appears as an elderly man in archaic styled armor but with a bag full of steam-punk gadgets.

The Mad Hatter - It's just not a party without this insane criminal genius. A mentalist capable of projecting maddening illusions and causing vertigo like effects. Obsessed with time and time themed villains and heroes.

The Mock Turtle - A bull-headed armored hero (Oh wait! Some one already suggested an armored mecha-like cow, right? ).

The Duchess - A female brick of noble birth but with repugnant features who suffers from a multiple personality disorder causing her to alternate between kindly gestures and vicious, brutish attacks.

Here's a few for you DT :)

- Typhoon: A mystic baddie that uses Atlantean artifacts to control water. In his supervillain state, he wears a tarnished bronze chest-plate and a few items like jeweled bracers and tiara-like crown. He can convert his body to water in parts or whole, as well as control sea-life and take on their attributes.

- Far-Out: A space/time traveller that's been lost for the past 30 years. He's returned and has discovered that the world has vastly changed. Wears a very mid-70s costume. Probably a large collar, some wide leggings. Has a tie-dye rainbow effect when he goes through time. Might even have the high shoulders like Starfox.

- Mechane: A Mechakinetic that controls machines. Has a machine body and can reconstruct machines into other things. Looks kind of human ... but also has some machine parts showing. Maybe a human-like head with some dark pieces mixed into chrome. Could be mistaken for power armor at a distance.

- Crosshair: A female marksman that uses hi-tech crossbows. Wears stylized kevlar with targeting goggles. Keeps her bolts on her legs for quick load and has holsters off the shoulder. Short hair so it stays out of her face.

I am dropping the Night Avenger idea as well as Enforcer has had four different versions of a Batman type done by Storn and part of what we want is for him to do something he has not done before.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are the ones BengalElf commissioned so we have had two this year apart from the one I am paying for. Storn and I have come up with something and stay tuned for further developments.

Shard72.jpg

Greyhound72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

• 2 weeks later...