Can you look this character over

CaptD

It's a Jedi for a supers campaign. I'm not sure if he'll live the average attack is AP75. Anyway, if you can give some feedback on how I simulated the powers I would appreciate it. Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

29 DEX 57

25 CON 30

22 BODY 24

10 INT 0

20 EGO 20

15 PRE 5

10 COM 0

15 PD 12

15 ED 10

8 SPD 41

15 REC 14

72 END 11

58 STUN 15

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

8" LEAP 5

Characteristics Cost: 249

Cost Power

22 Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target (50 Active Points); OAF (Focus - Light Saber; -1), Will Not Work Against Heavy Missiles (-1/4)

19 Light Saber: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6+1 (3d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (52 Active Points); OAF (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

22 Jedi Mind Trick: Minor Transform Simple Suggestions as if they are targets own 5d6 (Telepathic Intervention), Works Against Ego Not Body (+1/4), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (112 Active Points); Limited Power - Target is immune if attempt fails Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (-1 1/2), Limited Class Of Minds - Humans [single species/type of mind] (-1), All Or Nothing (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4)

40 Telekinesis (40 STR) (60 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

45 In Tune with the Force: All-Sense Detects Physical Objects and Energy A Large Class Of Things and Each Extra Thing or Class of Things 14- (no Sense Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Sense, Targeting

5 Power Defense (5 points)

5 Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Normal Defense

Powers Cost: 158

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

Martial Arts Cost: 8

Cost Skill

5 Force Powers Roll 14-

10 +2 with DCV

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

Skills Cost: 21

Cost Talent

14 Danger Sense (self only, in combat, Function as a Sense, Intuitional) 13-

Talents Cost: 14

Total Character Cost: 450

Re: Can you look this character over

I have been watching you gather information for this character for about 2 weeks, that is I think it has been about that long. I am glad you showed us the results of all the research you were doing.

His speed is pretty high, I am not sure what is mid-range in your campaign but if you are on the top end or above he would play defensively dodging attacks and reflecting range attack back at opponents. Because of his lack of resistant defenses he is a character that would think before he acted (sounds very jedi-ish).

Seeing how his main defense is having a 29DEX and Missile Reflection I think I would rather have those 2lvls w/DCV in his Missile Reflection. That way he could use them offensively also.

Yeah the high speed and dex are to allow him to hold actions to keep from getting clobbered. He can also use TK and light saber as attacks. TK to push people away (Not choking like darth vader). And light saber depending on what he is fighting. Obviously he shouldn't go to town on agents. When did I say I was making a Jedi? My memory is fading...was it when I asked about senses?

I just re-read your post...lol

I get it now. You didn't know what I was making.

When you got to the part about senses, you were asking how to duplicate a jedi's sense. So it was around that time it was given away.

One thing to note is that you are two points short on your MA. He has bought only 8pts worth and you must buy 10 as minimum, exluding GM permission.

Also I might change the Armor P. attack for a Penitrating attack but that is just my personal skew on it, but both work well. Also I don't have my book with me but I think a Penitrating attack is more capable of getting through walls and such.

Speaking of which it might not be a bad idea to buy a 1inch of Tunneling through some large amount of DEF. Also apply limitations like extra time and such porportional to DEF *takes longer though a steel wall than through a rice paper.*

For a point saving aspect it might be a good idea to just lump both Light Saber Powers into one. Point savings is the biggest benefit. With current build you would save: 11pts. Also I would take the "requires two Hands" and put it on both powers and if using the MP idea, put it on it as a whole. This would save you (compare to original build): 16pts. Also I believe RKA is better than HKA becuase the Light Saber really doesn't benefit from STR. Ie if I was to drop the light saver on the floor, it would likely do the same damage as if I swong it with all my might. So I would build it as a RKA with No Range.

Jedi mind tricks might be better built as Mind Control with appropriate limitations.

Also it mightnot be a bad Idea to buy an EC for the Jedi abilities (out side of the saber) Build it something like this:

16pts. Elemental Control, 32-point powers

29pts. Telekinesis (40 STR); Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

29pts. Mind Control 15d6 (Human class of minds); Requires An EGO Roll (this is at ego 20) (-3/4), Gestures (-1/4) And yes this is more than enough to affect most people on average.

(also this one is a change. Just make your Jedi Sense in the Mental Group. If not just increase the EC to 20pts and build your Jedi Sense as normal and net cost is only two more points than I have for this version. Also Check with your GM about if you need to make this cost end. Some GMs will hand wave the rule if asked.)

13pts. One with the force: Detect A Large Class Of Things (physical objects) 11- (Mental Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Sense, Targeting; Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)

My total cost is 87pts. Your total cost is 107. Also the Leap (if bought as I suggest below) could be bought in the EC. It would mean you buy a lot of it, but then again Jedi do, do a lot of amazing leaps.

Instead of buying Leap alone, it might be worth it to buy "Running" with the advantage "Usable as Second mode of Movement" ie Leap. It is a +1/4 advantage.

In line with above suggestion this would be the build in the EC(if at 32pt powers.)

16pts. Running +13" (6"/19" total), Usable leap (+1/4) (3"/16")

Or if you don't want the Run. Then do Leap with No grav penalty and in the EC it would look like this:

17pts. Leaping +17" (19" forward, 19" upward) (Accurate), No Gravity Penalty (+1/2)

Also from my view of the movies I would say that a 25con and 22Body are well beyond the limits fro most Jedi. Maybe something more on the scale of 18ish and 13is. Use the other points opened up to buy Damage Reduction with "Requires a Dex Roll" Ego is believable but maybe a little on the high side, but that all depends on the individual's sense of self.

That is all the thoughts I have at the moment. Sorry if they are a little jumbled as I went back and added more constantly. Let me know if you have an questions on what I wrote. Also I could offer more advice on more specific improvements related to the Game setting if I knew Active point caps (assuming there are any) or damage class caps (if there are any) and along with that, what the average is assuming people don't just build to cap. most of the time Defense isn't build to cap and that is critically important.

Thank you,

and hope it helps,

La Rose

Your suggesting a 104 ft jump?

you know when I have it in abstact numbers like inches it doesn't seem to relate the same meaning. I suppose I am suggesting a 114ft jump. Almost seems unreal. So maybe that is a touch beyond the normal range of a jedi, but I tell you what. Yoda has been doing the stair master thing religiously and I bet he can do it now...lol.

La Rose.

I actually have a Jedi writeup hanging around somewhere... here.

PADAWAN

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

26 DEX 48 14- OCV: 9/DCV: 9

23 CON 26 14-

13 BODY 6 12-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 14-

20 EGO 20 13- ECV: 7

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

14 COM 2 12-

8/14 PD 5 Total: 8/14 PD (0/6 rPD)

8/14 ED 3 Total: 8/14 ED (0/6 rED)

5 SPD 14 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

10 REC 4

46 END 0

35 STUN 2 Total Characteristic Cost: 148

Movement: Running: 7"/12"/14"/24"

Leaping: 3"/13"/6"/26"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

2 Athletic: Running +1" (7"/12" total) 1

6 Awareness: +2 PER with all Sense Groups

5 Brave: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only vs PRE Attacks (-1)

5 Discipline: Mental Defense (9 points total)

12 Evasion: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Must be aware of attack (-1/4)

12 Evasion: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Must be aware of attack (-1/4)

18 Force Awareness: Detect The Force 15-/13- (Mystic Group), Range, Sense

9 Force Harmony: 360 Degrees and Targeting on Force Awareness (15 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Requires An EGO Roll (No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll; -1/4) 1

41 Lightsaber: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (112 Active Points); OAF (Lightsaber; -1), No STR Bonus (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

60 Force Mastery: Multipower, 60-point reserve

3u 1) Force Deflection: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target (50 Active Points); OIF (Lightsaber or appropriate weapon of opportunity; -1/2)

3u 2) Force Empathy: Telepathy 12d6 (Human class of minds) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Requires An EGO Roll (No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll; -1/4) 6

6u 3) Force Hands: Telekinesis (25 STR), Affects Porous, Fine Manipulation (58 Active Points) 6

1u 4) Force Leap: Leaping +10" (3"/13" forward, 1 1/2"/6 1/2" upward) (Accurate) (15 Active Points) 1

6u 5) Force Push: Energy Blast 8d6, Does x1 1/2 Knockback (+1/2) (60 Active Points) 6

1u 6) Force Sprint: Running +5" (7"/12" total) (10 Active Points) 1

5u 7) Force Suggestion: Mind Control 12d6 (Human class of minds) (60 Active Points); Must achieve +20 (target thinks actions were natural) (-1/4) 6

Jedi Martial Training

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Martial Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 30 STR to Disarm

4 Martial Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 Martial Strike +0 +2 6d6 Strike

5 Offensive Strike -2 +1 8d6 Strike

4 +1 HTH Damage Class(es)

1 Weapon Element: Empty Hand

Notes: Default element is Lightsaber

Perks

5 Jedi rank: Custom Perk

Talents

12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

30 Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, any danger) 14-/12-

Skills

10 Use the Force: +1 Overall

16 +2 with All Combat

6 +2 with Lightsabers

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Combat Piloting 14-

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

3 Fast Draw 14-

3 KS: The Jedi Order 12-

3 KS: Jedi Lore and History 12-

3 Persuasion 13-

5 Rapid Attack (HTH)

3 Stealth 14-

3 Tactics 12-

3 Teamwork 14-

4 TF: Riding Animals, Science Fiction & Space Vehicles

3 WF: Energy Weapons, Vehicle Weapons

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 352

Total Cost: 500

300+ Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: Distinctive hair braid, lightsaber, and bearing denoting Jedihood (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Distinctive Features: Powerful Force aura (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Uncommonly-Used Senses)

10 Psychological Limitation: Cocky (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Jedi Code (Common, Strong)

5 Unluck: 1d6

100 Use the Force bonus

50 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 500

It's a little over your campaign point cap, and the SPD might be a little below your campaign average, but I think it's pretty solid.

This is a Dark Jedi from my STAR WARS game.

the players start at 150

She was beaten at the battle of the TEMPLE OF THE DEATH SPIDERS.

A player Jedi cpatured her and killed her master and brother.

Name: Dark Female youngling

Player: villian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Val Char Base Cost

13 STR 10 3

11 DEX 10 3

11 CON 10 2

11 BODY 10 2

10 INT 10 0

11 EGO 10 2

12 PRE 10 2

12 COM 10 1

3 PD 3 0

2 ED 2 0

2 SPD 2.1 0

5 REC 5 0

22 END 22 0

24 STUN 24 0

16" RUN 6" 0

2" SWIM 2" 0

17 1/2" LEAP 3" 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STR Roll: 12- Run: 16"

DEX Roll: 11- Swim: 2"

CON Roll: 11- Leap: 17 1/2"

INT Roll: 11-

EGO Roll: 11-

Perception Roll: 11-

Disadvantages Pts

Enraged: use o fthe dark side, Common, go 8-, recover 14- 10

Distinctive Features: Dark Jedi, Easily Concealed, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses 5

Hunted: The Jedi, More Powerful, 14- (Very Frequently), Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence 30

Psychological Limitation: subject to order, Common, Moderate 10

Psychological Limitation: Mean, Common, Strong 15

XP

0 Base Points : 75

Disads Total + 75

Experience Spent + 0

Total Cost = 136

Pts. Skill/Perk/Talent/Power END

45 The force: Multipower, 45-point reserve

1u 1) Feel the Force: Detect A Single Thing 11- (Range, Sense) (10 Active Points)

3u 2) Feel the power of the Dark side: Aid 3d6 (max. Aided Points: 18): Characteristics, Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per 5 Minutes; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2)

1u 3) Force defect.: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Will Not Work Against Heavy Missiles (-1/4)

3u 4) Thease are not the you are seeking: Mind Control 6d6 (30 Active Points) 3

1u 5) Mind Scan 6d6 (30 Active Points); Neither Character nor Target Can Attack Through Link (-1), Stops Working If Mentalist Is Stunned (-1/2) 3

3u 6) May the Force protect YOU: +10 with any three maneuvers or a tight group of attacks (30 Active Points) [Notes: Defenxe all the way use with doge and block]

4m 7) fast are the Jedi: Running +10" (20 Active Points) (added to Primary Value) 2

1u 8) Force leap: Leaping +15" (17 1/2" forward, 8 1/2" upward) (15 Active Points) (added to Primary Value) 1

6m 9) Let the Force guide YOU: +6 with HTH Combat (30 Active Points)

9m 10) The Force connects us: Telekinesis (30 STR) (45 Active Points) 4

4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

5 Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 Weapon Bind: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Bind, +10 STR

4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike

2 Weapon Element: Blades, Two-Handed Weapons

3 Acrobatics 11-

3 Concealment 11-

3 Shadowing 11-

3 Stealth 11-

3 High Society 11-

3 Disguise 11-

3 Breakfall 11-

77 : Powers Cost

44 + Skills Cost

15 + Characteristics Cost

136 = Total Cost Base OCV: 4 Base DCV: 4

Adjustment+ Adjustment+

Final OCV: Final DCV:

Levels: May the Force protect YOU: +10 with any three maneuvers or a tight group of attacks (30 Active Points),Let the Force guide YOU: +6 with HTH Combat (30 Active Points)

Combat Maneuvers

Name Phase OCV DCV Effect

Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, Abort

Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.

Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm

Dodge 1/2 --- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks

Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs

Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab

Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4DC to attack

Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5

Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3

Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged attacks only

Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon

Martial Block 1/2 +2 +2 Block, Abort

Flying Dodge 1/2 -- +4 Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

Martial Dodge 1/2 -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

Weapon Bind 1/2 +1 +0 Bind, +10 STR

Martial Strike 1/2 +0 +2 STR +2d6 Strike

Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128

RMod 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

DEX: 11 SPD: 2 ECV: 4

Phases: 6, 12

3 PD (0 rPD) 2 ED (0 rED) MD: 0

END: 22 STUN: 24 BODY: 11

Roll Location STUNx NSTUN BODYx To Hit

3-5 Head x5 x2 x2 -8

6 Hands x1 x1/2 x1/2 -6

7-8 Arms x2 x1/2 x1/2 -5

9 Shoulders x3 x1 x1 -5

10-11 Chest x3 x1 x1 -3

12 Stomach x4 x1.5 x1 -7

13 Vitals x4 x1.5 x2 -8

14 Thighs x2 x1 x1 -4

15-16 Legs x2 x1/2 x1/2 -6

17-18 Feet x1 x1/2 x1/2 -8

Height: 6' 6" Hair: Brown

Weight: 220 lbs Eyes: Brown

Appearance:

Background:

I have been playing and running since 1982 and we have always allowed multi power slot to be used together up to the totlal of the pool.

running a multi slot used at 30 points and super leap used as an ultra of 15 points can be used at same time.

Lord Ghee

La Rose can you post your jedi I own a copy of HDC 1 and it will not open it.

and for the record Light sabres are equiment and are 2d6 killing double Pen.

Lord Ghee

I will try and post the text when I get back to my home comp. Equipment is more appropriate for Heroic games, and I tend to not treat a Jedi game as such. But that is my view on it.

La rose

There was this game called Golden heroes, and you rolled your powers up randomly, and had to ditch at least one of them.

The idea was very like Hero in some ways - the actual powers did not necessarily matter - it was the combination and the sfx. The idea was that from a single set of powers you could define several - even dozens - of different characters.

The relevance is that a Jedi is someone who is certainly killable but generally very hard to kill. Very often they get 'nicked' by lightsabres in the films, without it ever being a killing blow. This is not because they are semi-invulnerable, but because they use their precognition and reflexes to move out of the way, avoiding the bulk of the damage. Most light sabre duels in the films are lengthy exchanges of strike and parry, ending in a killing blow.

I mention this because you are very light on defences.

There si nothing WRONG with defences, even for someone who is basically supposed to be a highly trained normal. 20/20 armour, or 1/2 damage reduction might seem odd, but:

a) without them you will go down fast even to a single 75 AP blow (that is 15d6 normal, or about 53 stun (37 through defences, stunned), or 5d5 killing, which is just plain silly: could be instant kill even with your relatively gross Body score) AND

B) defences can simply be a way to describe the ability to always be in the right place to minimise the damage you take.

Sure you are hard to hit and that is your schtick, but even a slightly good roll on a 10d6 AoE will stun you.

I'd ramp up the defences a bit, and include some resistant ones, and limit them so that they are clearly 'the ability to avoid damage' rather than the ability to resist it.

But that's just me :)

Nice character.

a) without them you will go down fast even to a single 75 AP blow (that is 15d6 normal, or about 53 stun (37 through defences, stunned), or 5d5 killing, which is just plain silly: could be instant kill even with your relatively gross Body score) AND

B) defences can simply be a way to describe the ability to always be in the right place to minimise the damage you take.Nice character.

Agreed 100%. That is why in my version I had 50% DR (although not much standard D.) If I could find a way to fit more DR in there I would do it, but just not in 450pts.

maybe I can tweek it more and find points that were once lost.

La Rose

One possible way you could play this character is as he is, basically, without any real major defences, relying on luck and skill BUT (and what a but it is), horribly, horribly dangerous.

I'm talking about a slight re-design on the lightsabre:

Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, No Normal Defense (Force Fields (sfx); +1), Does BODY (+1) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2)

That is monstrous. 20 real points, 60 active, it does 7d6 damage with strength and ignores all defences except force fields (the sfx, not the power) which it can't penetrate at all.

That sounds like a light sabre to me :) Averaging 7 Body and 24 stun, which goes through pretty much anything material. Armour? Pah! Two strikes (or a rapid attack and you can kill at least 60% of opponents.

Also explains why lightsabres can't cut each other: the ravening energies are kept in place by a force field which deforms and opens under physical pressure - the ony thing that can contain them.

Basically this character can take down almost anyone (unless they have a force field) very quickly, but is highly vulnerable to getting hit. I'd personally reduce the Body score almost by half (although I do understand why you would want it that high) to make things more interesting.

It's a though....

Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, No Normal Defense (Force Fields (sfx); +1), Does BODY (+1) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2)

I once put that same idea down in a HDC file for a character then after looking at it for a min I deleted the idea. It's one of the scariest thoughts I have ever had... It's just nasty :)

I once put that same idea down in a HDC file for a character then after looking at it for a min I deleted the idea. It's one of the scariest thoughts I have ever had... It's just nasty :)

It is and it isn't. First off the actual amount of damage you do in terms of stun is not necessarily any higher than what you would do with any other attack which start with bigger numbers but are reduced by defences. That means that, for a character, they are not necessarily taking down the opposition any faster than their team mates (although they do more permanent damage) and the 'not v force fields' thing does gives a lot of in-game GM discretion to limiting the power.

If the team have a healer then this does make for an interesting and scary villain - they will not be used to taking Body damage.

The use of HtH Attack is a bit unbalancing because of the way it deals with advantages (commuting them to STR for free), and you could easily build it as a no range EB, so you won't get STR added at all, if you feel the total is too gross. Probably not a bad way to model a light sabre.

It is and it isn't. First off the actual amount of damage you do in terms of stun is not necessarily any higher than what you would do with any other attack which start with bigger numbers but are reduced by defences. That means that, for a character, they are not necessarily taking down the opposition any faster than their team mates (although they do more permanent damage) and the 'not v force fields' thing does gives a lot of in-game GM discretion to limiting the power.

If the team have a healer then this does make for an interesting and scary villain - they will not be used to taking Body damage.

The use of HtH Attack is a bit unbalancing because of the way it deals with advantages (commuting them to STR for free), and you could easily build it as a no range EB, so you won't get STR added at all, if you feel the total is too gross. Probably not a bad way to model a light sabre.

Yea, the scary part is getting the advantages on str for free. I have to admit I have used it myself (yea, usually on +1d6HA) but generally not adding more than +1/2 worth of advantages. I hoped lightning wouldn't strike me down when the character saved if I restrained myself :sneaky:

Add a good helping of strength, the character will get a few points cheaper (and harder to grab). Same holds true for CON. As long as you don't start selling REC, STUN, PD and ED, it's cheaper to add primaries instead of secondaries.

Yes, it's a flaw in the system. But you cannot convince me to pay extra for less. If I can either pay 20 points for 20 str or 15 points for 30 str, Ill take 30.

One possible way you could play this character is as he is, basically, without any real major defences, relying on luck and skill BUT (and what a but it is), horribly, horribly dangerous.

I'm talking about a slight re-design on the lightsabre:

That is monstrous. 20 real points, 60 active, it does 7d6 damage with strength and ignores all defences except force fields (the sfx, not the power) which it can't penetrate at all.

That sounds like a light sabre to me :) Averaging 7 Body and 24 stun, which goes through pretty much anything material. Armour? Pah! Two strikes (or a rapid attack and you can kill at least 60% of opponents.

Also explains why lightsabres can't cut each other: the ravening energies are kept in place by a force field which deforms and opens under physical pressure - the ony thing that can contain them.

Basically this character can take down almost anyone (unless they have a force field) very quickly, but is highly vulnerable to getting hit. I'd personally reduce the Body score almost by half (although I do understand why you would want it that high) to make things more interesting.

It's a though....

I agree with Qelan. Scarry.

However hte main defense of a light saber is not geting hit, so I would atleast a low defense from Combat luck or something similar.