The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown

Gold Rush Games

Re: Re: Looking forward to you spending my money

Originally posted by Gold Rush Games

What do you mean by that, exactly?

I found the Denizens of San Angelo a bit of a let down . While it provides plenty of NPCs their sub-plots were poor and in some cases non-existant . The cost was high for what we got .

I simply found San Angelo : City of Heroes a better product and inspirational . Enemies of San Angelo was almost the same size , but provided a lot more in the way of sub-plots , interesting NPCs , and inspiational stuff .

I'll read it thourghly again and give you a better and more detailed comment . IMO .

Thanks for checking back and make mine a HERO from Gold Rush Games .

P.S. : has anyone ever produced a Usagi Yojimbo conversion to HERO / Action System / or M&M ???

Re: Re: Re: Looking forward to you spending my money

Originally posted by TheQuestionMan

I'll read it thourghly again and give you a better and more detailed comment . IMO .

Please do. I would really like to know about the character stats as well. Do you prefer the brief format or the larger versions, and what characters interest you and which don't.
Originally posted by TheQuestionMan P.S. : has anyone ever produced a Usagi Yojimbo conversion to HERO / Action System / or M&M ???
Gold Rush Games is creating conversions for all three products, and is currently only converting SA to Hero, however there may be some conversion guidelines released that would allow anyone to convert however they wish in the future.

Are you asking to be able to convert in all directions or from one specifically to another, ie A!S to Hero?

Re: Re: Re: Looking forward to you spending my money

Originally posted by TheQuestionMan

I found the Denizens of San Angelo a bit of a let down . While it provides plenty of NPCs their sub-plots were poor and in some cases non-existant . The cost was high for what we got .

Ouch.

Okay. I appreciate your honest appraisal.

Enemies of San Angelo was almost the same size , but provided a lot more in the way of sub-plots , interesting NPCs , and inspiational stuff .

EoSA was 50% larger than DoSA. And EoSA was primarily about supers, whereas DoSA was primarily about Normals.

With more space to write background and stats in EoSA, and (IME) Hero fans' preference for supers, I suspect that DoSa simply didn't provide what most Champions fans wanted -- supers and lots of neat background material.

DoSA certainly sold far fewer copies than EoSA did (1600 vs 700), which seems to support my theory as well.

I'll read it thourghly again and give you a better and more detailed comment .

Thanks.

Thanks for checking back and make mine a HERO from Gold Rush Games .

You're making me all misty-eyed. ::sniff:: But seriously, thank you for your vote of confidence!

P.S. : has anyone ever produced a Usagi Yojimbo conversion to HERO / Action System / or M&M ???

I believe so. I know I did one years ago, though it never got posted on-line. I've since misplaced it, though a 5th Ed. conversion would be cool.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking forward to you spending my money

Originally posted by Durnin

Gold Rush Games is creating conversions for all three products, and is currently only converting SA to Hero,

What he means is that all three San Angelo books are being converted to HERO System 5th Ed., ActioN! System and M&M Superlink.

...however there may be some conversion guidelines released that would allow anyone to convert however they wish in the future.

As a matter of fact, as I mentioned in another forum, one of my many projects is an official HERO System-Action! System conversion document. The kind folks at Hero Games gave me the green light to develop it for publication and, pending their review, will give the Hero seal of approval to make it official!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking forward to you spending my money

Originally posted by Gold Rush Games

I believe so. I know I did one years ago, though it never got posted on-line. I've since misplaced it, though a 5th Ed. conversion would be cool.

Please get copy of Fantasy Hero 5thEd before you do . It provides an excellent section on Races Creation that I tkink you'll appreciate . I know I did :)

Fan , Gamer , and Consummer all wrapped up in one handsome package . How could I be wrong . :)