The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown

Gold Rush Games

We are gearing up to officially announce and start promoting The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown, which includes HERO System (5th Edition), Action! System and (drumroll, please) M&M Supersystem stats.

The Dragon's Gate is the long-awaited fourth book in the Origins Award-nominated San Angelo: City of Heroes line from Gold Rush Games. Since we reacquired the San Angelo property from Hero Games we've been working on updating the book and. at long last, it will be published and made available to superhero RPG fans world-wide!

We just received approval of the M&M Supersystem license from Green Ronin, and we are fortunate to have the talents of Steve Kenson (M&M and Freedom City (was the original New Century City manuscript, for SACoH fans who remember that announced product) and Aaron Sullivan (Blackwyrm Games) doing the M&M conversions for us.

We're very excited about this product, which serves as our re-entry into the world of superhero RPG publishing! Spread the word!

Your superhero campaign city will never be the same again...

The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown, San Angelo: City of Heroes and Action! System are trademarks of Gold Rush Games. HERO System and Champions are trademarks of Hero Games and are used under license.

Guest Keneton

San Angelo Fan

I was a big fan of the San Angelo series. I only hope that the FRED conversion will be satisfactory. The first San Angelo product was full of math errors on the chracacter sheets. Please promise a well edited product.

The background material was always top notch and set the standard for future products. I look forward to seeing it in stores.

:)

Re: The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown

Originally posted by Gold Rush Games

We are gearing up to officially announce and start promoting The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown,

So...

What's changed for us poor schlubs that bought the .pdf version from Hero back in the Cybergames days?

Corrected character sheets, hopefully. Anything else?

D

Re: San Angelo Fan

Originally posted by Keneton

I was a big fan of the San Angelo series. I only hope that the FRED conversion will be satisfactory. The first San Angelo product was full of math errors on the chracacter sheets. Please promise a well edited product.

The background material was always top notch and set the standard for future products. I look forward to seeing it in stores.

:)

That shouldn't be the case this time around. HeroDesigner was used to create all the characters, and thus everything should be correct. Enjoy!

Re: San Angelo Fan

Originally posted by Keneton

I'm afraid I can't promise that. In fact, our market research shows that the increased controversy due to poorly written characters and mathematically incorrect scores tends to actually increase sales. As a result, we are planning to ensure that not a single character conforms to 5th Edition rules. ;)

All kidding aside, some of our products in the past have included some errors, that is true (how many RPG books don't, though?).

You'll be happy to know that our from Hero Games requires pre-publication approval of the book and that the character write-ups (for 5th Ed.) were accomplished by Robert Miller using the latest version of Hero Designer. Everything should be "good to go," as we used to say in the military. ;)

Start bugging your retailer now! We want every HERO System fan to drive demand for the book so that retailers order sufficient quantities (ensuring that distributors order sufficient quantities from us).

Re: Re: The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown

Originally posted by misterdeath

What's changed for us poor schlubs that bought the .pdf version from Hero back in the Cybergames days?

The character write-ups conform to HERO System 5th Ed.

The map is being redone

Flamestar has been removed

The book will include minor edits to update the book

There will also be some additional changes, but most importantly... it will be printed and bound! ;)

Re: Re: San Angelo Fan

You'll be happy to know that our from Hero Games requires pre-publication approval of the book and that the character write-ups (for 5th Ed.) were accomplished by Robert Miller using the latest version of Hero Designer. Everything should be "good to go," as we used to say in the military. ;)

Cool! I got a plug! Thanks Mark for that vote of confidence! :D

Originally posted by tiger

Will you be redoing and rereleasing the first 3 books of the series?

We are developing a San Angelo: City of Heroes 2nd Edition book for release some time next year, yes (no release date at this time). It's being updated by the original author, Patrick Sweeney, and developed by myself and Robert Miller.

We are also planning to revamp/update and re-release Enemies of San Angelo and Denizens of San Angelo in some format, as well, although we have not yet decided how best to do that.

It may be that we publish the material from both EoSA and DoSA in a single big book, with characters updated for 5th Ed., updating the backgrounds, as well as adding some new characters to the book.

Again, there is no release date set yet for any other SA material beyond The Dragon's Gate. If The Dragon's Gate sells well, I anticipate you will see at least one more book inthe first quarter of '04, however.

I'm afraid I can't promise that. In fact, our market research shows that the increased controversy due to poorly written characters and mathematically incorrect scores tends to actually increase sales. As a result, we are planning to ensure that not a single character conforms to 5th Edition rules. ;)

Curses! He's stolen our sinister marketing plan, the fiend! We'll have to go back to our first plan, where we lie and tell everybody color art is *really expensive*, when actually it's free! In fact, if you put color art in a book, printers pay you! No one must ever know... wait, did I just use my outdoors voice? dw

Originally posted by Nato

Great news! I'm a big fan of San Angelo and have swiped stuff regularly from it for my own games. Can't wait to see what comes out for it.

Then you'll definitely want to buy The Dragon's Gate when it comes out. Though technically not released after SACoH2, it is 2nd Ed. in terms of it being compliant with 5th Ed. and, er... um... You know what I mean, right? ;)

Replace the 5th with 4th, and you describe the ICE age to a T.

D

Re: Re: Re: The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown

The character write-ups conform to HERO System 5th Ed.

The map is being redone

Flamestar has been removed

The book will include minor edits to update the book

There will also be some additional changes, but most importantly... it will be printed and bound! ;)

I'll have to look at it, then. The book is really cool, and very useful, albeit the .pdf looks ... rushed.

Minor edits and cleaning some things up would make the book mostly perfect.

Thanks!

D

Looking forward to you spending my money

If The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown matches the quality of San Angelo : City of Heroes then by all means I'll buy a copy . If it only matches the quality of Denizens of San Angelo . Then leave it as a pdf. on the cheap .

I thrilled that the San Angelo setting is coming back and look forward to aquiring you hard work .

Too cool for words E.

Re: Looking forward to you spending my money

Originally posted by TheQuestionMan

If The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown matches the quality of San Angelo : City of Heroes then by all means I'll buy a copy . If it only matches the quality of Denizens of San Angelo . Then leave it as a pdf. on the cheap .

I thrilled that the San Angelo setting is coming back and look forward to aquiring you hard work .

Too cool for words E.

It matches the quality of SA. The only missing from the last draft that I played with was a map of China Town.

Re: Looking forward to you spending my money

Originally posted by TheQuestionMan

What do you mean by that, exactly?

It may be that we publish the material from both EoSA and DoSA in a single big book, with characters updated for 5th Ed., updating the backgrounds, as well as adding some new characters to the book.

I think it's make a nice book together. Get the bad guys of the town along with other NPCs. Make for a very useful book

I'm looking forward to it all myself. I like having several city settings to use in a campaign

Then you'll definitely want to buy The Dragon's Gate when it comes out. Though technically not released after SACoH2, it is 2nd Ed. in terms of it being compliant with 5th Ed. and, er... um... You know what I mean, right? ;)

Any idea of even a rough release date?

Re: Re: Re: San Angelo Fan

You should have your inner dialog checked Darren. It appears to be leaking. ;)

As for Dragon's Gate, I'll have to see it when it hits the stores. I have a copy of the Cybergames edition. And while I thought it was a great buy, I haven't actually used it once yet. I would really have to be impressed to pick it up again. None the less I have enjoyed all the SA products released so far and would recomend any of them.