Alcohol touch

Warlocke

got an idea for a character who can make a person drunk with a touch. at first I was thinking mind control based on CON, now im thinking transform, i dont know... so I though I would see what you all though of. the idea behind the character is that he "drunks" his opponet up and then makes a fool of them.

Re: Alcohol touch

I'd say it could be as simple as a drain to DEX and INT alone. Though as stated you might also want to put a cosmetic mental transform in there (acts like a drunk is nothing more than a 5 point mental limit) unless you're wanting to do something a little more serious like transform people into angry drunks (enraged at petty slights 11-, rec 11-) in which case that'd be a major transform.

That would be pretty hilarious. A bunch of drunk superheroes staggering around at half or less of their starting DEX and INT going "What're YOU lookin at?"

I disagree with mucking about with EGO or PRE just because drunks are, if anything, even MORE difficult to control or persuade than sober people.

got an idea for a character who can make a person drunk with a touch. at first I was thinking mind control based on CON' date=' now im thinking transform, i dont know... so I though I would see what you all though of. the idea behind the character is that he "drunks" his opponet up and then makes a fool of them.[/quote']

Been watching Invasion of the Saucer men or its horrible spawn (remake) The Eye Creatures?? :angst::nonp::cheers:

I'd say it could be as simple as a drain to DEX and INT alone. Though as stated you might also want to put a cosmetic mental transform in there (acts like a drunk is nothing more than a 5 point mental limit) unless you're wanting to do something a little more serious like transform people into angry drunks (enraged at petty slights 11-, rec 11-) in which case that'd be a major transform.

That would be pretty hilarious. A bunch of drunk superheroes staggering around at half or less of their starting DEX and INT going "What're YOU lookin at?"

I disagree with mucking about with EGO or PRE just because drunks are, if anything, even MORE difficult to control or persuade than sober people.

Perhaps more PRE or EGO to resist doing something that's not impulsive, less to resist doing something that is.

It may seem funny now, but will it when your character wakes up and the first thing he sees is his teammates costume on the floor in a strange hotel room? :eek: or :D depending on attractiveness or possibly gender of teammate.

• 2 weeks later...

I built alcoholic beverages as [Aid 1d6 PRE; only to overcome PRE attacks] with a small bonus to the maximum (so the more you drink, the braver you become), with a side effect of 'drunkenness' which I defined as [Drain 1d6 DEX and INT]. I also defined the possibility for addiction as a [minor Transform 1/2d6 "to addict"].

This gives me a nice base mechanic for these effects which I can easily modify as needed for stronger drinks/drugs.

For an alcohol touch that inflicted this effect on people, I'd simply do the reverse, building it as a [Drain 1d6 DEX and INT] with the Aid as a side effect.

I also defined the possibility for addiction as a [minor Transform 1/2d6 "to addict"].

I don't think you understand addiction (or alcoholism) very well. My parents were recovered alcoholics and quit via Alcoholics Anonymous (I myself attend Alanon). I think the possibility for addiction should be a matter of role-playing. Otherwise everyone who drank a lot at some time in their life (most military folks when they're young, college students, etc.) would become alcoholics.

The rest of your build is elegantly brilliant. I suggest that alcoholism, if it were neccessary to address the problem, should be handled by role-playing and not game mechanics.

Edit: I forgot, but could someone rep this guy? I'm out.

I don't think you understand addiction (or alcoholism) very well. My parents were recovered alcoholics and quit via Alcoholics Anonymous (I myself attend Alanon). I think the possibility for addiction should be a matter of role-playing. Otherwise everyone who drank a lot at some time in their life (most military folks when they're young, college students, etc.) would become alcoholics.

The rest of your build is elegantly brilliant. I suggest that alcoholism, if it were neccessary to address the problem, should be handled by role-playing and not game mechanics.

Edit: I forgot, but could someone rep this guy? I'm out.

I agree that it should be roleplayed, but we are talking about the game mechanics to go along with it. I used the transform to addict as a way of applying the Dependence disadvantage through a slow process that can be avoided by curtailing the behavior to let the trasnform damage heal over time (I believe it's their REC every month), and the level of the addiction can be increased for more addictive substances.

After that, the disadvantage would be bought off like any other, along with the roleplaying to support it (12 step program, time at a methadone clinic, detox, etc.) as no disadv should be removable without appropriate roleplaying.

Alchohol Touch: (Total: 140 Active Cost, 80 Real Cost) Minor Transform 4d6 (Normal Person into Morose, Angry, Happy/Horny, or Stupid Drunk (see text), Drained INT returing to full level), No Normal Defense (Immunity to Alcohol; +1) (80 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (AID to victims PRE and EGO to resist attacks and persuation; -1/2) (Real Cost: 40) plus Drain 2d6, DEX and INT simultaneously (+1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per 5 Minutes; +1/2), No Normal Defense (Immunity to Alcohol; +1) (60 Active Points); Linked (Transform; -1/2) (Real Cost: 40)

NOTES: The type of drunk the victim of this power becomes is a judgment call of the GM's. There is not an improved results group for this because the user of the power has no control over this. Someone with enraged, berserk, or similar psych lims becomes an angry drunk. Someone who's depressive becomes a morose drunk, etc... The transform just adds a Very Common Moderate Strength Psych limit like "horndog" "convinced everybody likes him" "short tempered" "stupid".

Because I simple could not let it go without statting it out.

That's an expensive power!