Vulnerability: You HIT me / You HURT me

S7Michelle

I’m trying to determine the point level for the following vulnerability. The character in question is a mentalist villainess who tends to react with shock when someone strikes/harms her. However, I’m a bit afraid of taking something as incredibly common as hand-to-hand combat as a vulnerability.

I’m currently thinking of something along these lines:

? You HIT me / You HURT me: Vulnerability: first time she is struck in hand to hand combat and Vulnerability: when she takes more than 2 points of body damage from a single attack.

She would be taking the extra damage as Stun.

Does this seem reasonable and playable? I don’t mind being knocked out occasionally, but I still want to be useful in combat. Also, would you classify this set of vulnerabilities as uncommon, or common?

Re: Vulnerability: You HIT me / You HURT me

What are her Defenses like and what kind of DC's are being thrown around?

Southern Belle currently has 20/10 defenses for both ED and PD. With 6 of the resistant defenses being a protective costume and the other 4 being part of a parasol multi-power. Since she is a mentalist, I am wondering if I should reduce her defenses slightly. Though I may wait and see if she is approved and what the GM suggests before deciding for sure.

If I reduce them, the resistent defenses will probably stay at 10, and the non-resistant may drop by no more than 5 points.

Her DCV is 7 natrually, 9 with skill levels that only apply against beings with minds/emotions (ie not robots, zombies, etc.)

The relevant campaign guidelines are as follows

Power level: Standard Super heroic

CV: 7-14 (including CSLs)

DC: 6-14 (including martial arts, but not pushing or haymakers)

Max Active Points: 60 (but leeway given for cool powers; ask first)

Max Def/rDef: 20/10 (25/15 for gimmicks)

You could just take a Susceptability to HTH Attacks so that you can define just how many d6 bleed through. Even attacks that bounce off your defenses would still shake you up a bit. And you don't have to worry about the danger of Vulnerability, where you can end up KOed too easily.

You could just take a Susceptability to HTH Attacks so that you can define just how many d6 bleed through. Even attacks that bounce off your defenses would still shake you up a bit. And you don't have to worry about the danger of Vulnerability' date=' where you can end up KOed too easily.[/quote']

That's an approach I hadn't thought of. I don't think I've ever taken a susceptability before. I'll definately take a look at that.

Good advice there.

You might also consider buying 25% Damage Reduction. "Y'all don't want to hurt lil' ol' me, do ya?"

I love that. You evil, evil man. ;) You are going to make me have to figure out how to reallocate my points again.

I'd had something similar:

7 You Wouldn't Hit a Lady, Would you? +2 DCV (10 active points); only vs. beings with minds/emotions (-1/2)

But yours is so much better.

A parasol multipower for a character named Southern Belle? That is too cool! If you ever get a picture of this, I'd love to see it.:)

I could use it to encourage my players to come up with concepts that hang together. :rolleyes:

And thank you. I do think I'll probably post my character to the forums for comments when I'm done with her. Though I'm not sure that I'll be able to come up with an actual picture. I'm not an artist unfortunately.

Do any of her powers have concentration or a time delay? Because I'd suggest maybe the vulnerability only when concentrating or during the delay. it would simulate the type of system shock you might take from being so open to attack.

And don't forget to burst into tears right after being hit. Then when they come close to apologize and comfort you' date=' you can cold-cock 'em. Heroes hate that![/quote']

Heh, don't worry, if I get to play her, I am quite certain at least one hero will be hit about the head and shoulders with her parasol while she calls him a damn yankee carpetbagger or accueses him of wanting to burn down her plantation. Mind you, that's most likely to happen if someone triggers her enraged.

Man, I really hope she gets accepted to this play by post game. I'd have so much fun with her.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. The GM and I seem to have decided on the following:

10 I can't believe you hit me: Susceptibility: Belle takes 2d6 of stun when struck in hand to hand combat (Common 10, Instant +0, must be touched -5, 2d6 +5)

The delaying a phase, half-phase, etc. would make a lot of sense as well, though it would definately need to just apply to the first strike in combat or else she could easily end up delayed for the entire fight.

Oh and I really liked the pictures, especially the third one.