Trade and Speculation in FH

Jkeown

I have this awesome resource, the WFRP Companion. It has a renaissance-era trade system I've been tinkering with for a few hours. Would an adaption of this be of interest? I'd include details from my homebrew, but one could substitute your own cities and trade routes/trade centers and such.

Re: Trade and Speculation in FH

Right... here's a chunk of it. Far from done, but it's on its way. I think the biggest help I might need is in the pricing and weight of the Expanded Trade Goods Table toward the end. Its fine to have your players by 4 Lots of minerals, but I'd like to be able to realistically "game it up" by having them buy 4 bags/crates/whatever of Iolite or what have you.

Anyone who wants the original Word .doc so as to pitch in, I'll gladly post that too.

Don't be too harsh... the layout and flow needs a lot of work.

That's pretty snazzy. Am I safe in assuming that things like Amorglass and Eogann are some material specific to the campaign world?

For price lists, if you can find a copy of "...And a 10 foot pole" it's got a lot of lists of various commodities and prices down through the ages -- though the monetary system they use is arcane and hard to figure.

For price lists, if you can find a copy of "...And a 10 foot pole" it's got a lot of lists of various commodities and prices down through the ages -- though the monetary system they use is arcane and hard to figure.

Most awesomest book ever.

Monetary system they use is metric:

1gp = 10sp

1sp = 10bp

1bp = 10cp

1cp = 10tp

1tp = 1tp

gp = gold

sp = silver

bp = bronze

cp = copper

tp = tin

Most awesomest book ever.

Monetary system they use is metric:

1gp = 10sp

1sp = 10bp

1bp = 10cp

1cp = 10tp

1tp = 1tp

gp = gold

sp = silver

bp = bronze

cp = copper

tp = tin

Yeah, but a lot of the prices are listed as "18tp 47cp 3 bp and 1 sp" and the like. There's a lot of places where they don't convert it to the lowest common denominator, which can be really annoying. :ugly:

Just from a glance, it looks a lot like Traveller. You might want to check their books for reference / ideas.

:

Later...

:

Hope you appreciate how deep I had to dig in the back of the closet....

Specifically, you may want to find a copy of "MegaTraveller: Refferee's Manual" by GDM, Marc W Miller, 1987, Item #0212.

Instead of worlds, you would have ports with particular designations. MT doesn't worry about specifics of bulk cargo. Exactly what it is, is only important if it is unique. Makes random availability much easier to do.

Good luck,

keldrak

That's pretty snazzy. Am I safe in assuming that things like Amorglass and Eogann are some material specific to the campaign world?

It's still for sale here.