Review this character

torelin32

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you guys ould review this character from a GM's point of view and let me know what you all think of it.

Don't be shy, this is a new character creation by the player that I am constantly having problems with. So everyone's input is invaluable to me.

Thanks to everyone in advance for being so helpful.

Re: Review this character

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you guys could review this character from a GM's point of view and let me know what you all think of it.

Don't be shy, this is a new character creation by the player that I am constantly having problems with. So everyone's input is invaluable to me.

Thanks to everyone in advance for being so helpful.

Here's a board friendly view of the character for those without HDv3:

Anya

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

5 STR -5 10- Lift 50.0kg; 1d6

15 DEX 15 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

14 CON 8 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

24 EGO 28 14- ECV: 8

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

20 COM 5 13-

1/11 PD 0 Total: 1/11 PD (0/10 rPD)

3/13 ED 0 Total: 3/13 ED (0/10 rED)

4 SPD 15 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 12

34 END 3

30 STUN 10

Total Characteristic Cost: 94

Movement:

Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 1"/2"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Teleportation: 10"/320"

Cost Powers END

22 Mental power: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun /10 active used; -1), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

2u 1) Aid 5d6 (50 Active Points)

2u 2) Energy Blast 10d6 (50 Active Points) 5

2u 3) Ego Attack 5d6 (50 Active Points) 5

2u 4) Mind Control 8d6 (Additional Class of Minds class of minds) (50 Active Points) 5

2u 5) Mind Link , Any Willing Target, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8), Psychic Bond (50 Active Points)

2u 6) Mind Scan 9d6 (Human class of minds), +2 ECV (49 Active Points) 5

2u 7) Telekinesis (33 STR) (50 Active Points) 5

2u 8) Telekinesis (19 STR), Affects Porous, Fine Manipulation (49 Active Points) 5

2u 9) Teleportation 10", Position Shift, x2 Increased Mass, x32 Noncombat (50 Active Points) 5

10 Elemental Control, 20-point powers

20 1) Force Field (10 PD/10 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points)

Perks

6 Money: Wealthy

Talents

5 Eidetic Memory

Skills

3 High Society 11-

3 Lockpicking 12-

3 Seduction 11-

3 Security Systems 12-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Teamwork 12-

5 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Helicopters, Large Planes, Small Planes

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 104

Total Cost: 198

75+ Disadvantages

Total Disadvantage Points: 198

--------------------------------------

A few things that stood out for me:

• The 25 points spent between REC, END and STUN (I would raise the STR and CON first).
  • Side Effect mentioning Skill Roll but no Skill Roll Limitation.
  • All the non-mental multipower slots (like TK and Teleport) do not have any form of Invisible Power Effects.

I have made a similarly themed character called I-Mind for a 350 point Champions game in the past.

ok, a few questions

The Multipower has a side effect of 1d6 stun per 10 active points used and mentions a skill roll.

No skill is mentioned. How, as GM, are you intending to work, as its valued as a -1 limitation.

The description says "

make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun /10 active used", I'm not quite clear what that means.

A side effect that can be avoided via skill roll isnt what I'd call a -1 limitation, especially if the skill roll isn't facing a penalty based on active points, but is a flat skill roll. Looking at the stats, I'm guessing it may mean an ego roll. I'd require the player to take the power skill, myself.

The ego roll of the character is a 14-1. A flat 14- roll to activate a power is just a 1/2 limitation. In this case, what I'm guessing from the reading is that the side effect is ignored by every point the character makes the skill roll by. Or does the player mean the side effect is avoided if the skill roll is made (which is a huge problem).

As for the powers, what are the active point/ Damage class limits and average values for your games, and the range of allowed defenses? If the 10 DC of the character is the norm for all campaign characters, the character is very vulnerabel to damage. An equal 10d6 attack will tear through the characters meager defenses, Stun the character (who has a poor DCV while using powers) and have them just a few points from being unconscious. So, in that regard, having the high end of offensive powers might not be too unbalancing, as the character is an eggshell armed with a hamer, and fairly easy to take out due to low defenses and low DCV.

I cant understand why the force field is in an elemental control by itself. it's the same cost as buying it straight out, really. Maybe the player plans to expand the EC in the future. It's not hurting anything, nor changing points or how the power works, so I just was curious what the intention was.

Side Effect mentioning Skill Roll but no Skill Roll Limitation.

[*]All the non-mental multipower slots (like TK and Teleport) do not have any form of Invisible Power Effects.

The first: I took that to mean that the power always works, but the Side Effects do not always kick in. However, she lacks a Power skill to use with that limitation.

The second: Not necessarily an oversight.

OK looking at the powers and stats - what i can assume is that the Dc for the game is AT LEAST 10d6. thats an average of 35 stun for your basic 10d6 eb.

Well going from that 10 force field + 14 con + 11 pd = 35.

So an average attack hitting you causes 35-21 or 14 stun and you can take two of those. thats OK EXCEPT that if it rolls 1 pt above average you get con stunned, force field drops, lose phase etc.

thats a rather weak level of defense in my experience.

if the DC is set above 10d6 then your weakness will show even more.

I would buy up con, trading in points spent on rec end and ed, to get it to 18 maybe 23

as an alternative for you ig you dont wish to be physically healthy to super levels try this

Mental discipline 10 cp

+10 CON as a power with ONLY FOR COUNTING AGAINST STUNNING -1/2 and ACT 14- -1/2 (same as your ego roll) 20 ap 10 cp

this lets you resists pain for stunning as if you had a 10 higher con and is relatively cheap.

NOTE this is not "effective" as just buying 10 con straight up also earns you freebies in 5 stun, 2 ed, 2 rec, 20 end etc worth more than this saves HOWEVER it is sometimes necessary to hit the concept when superhuman health is not fitting concept.

finally what does aid figure into? if it is an attempt to raise the mental powers and the dc is set at 10 most gms wont let it boost above the dc.

The first: I took that to mean that the power always works, but the Side Effects do not always kick in. However, she lacks a Power skill to use with that limitation.

The second: Not necessarily an oversight.

I didn't mean to imply that they were wrong per se just that they seemed odd. :D

OK looking at the powers and stats - what i can assume is that the Dc for the game is AT LEAST 10d6. thats an average of 35 stun for your basic 10d6 eb.

Well going from that 10 force field + 14 con + 11 pd = 35.

So an average attack hitting you causes 35-21 or 14 stun and you can take two of those. thats OK EXCEPT that if it rolls 1 pt above average you get con stunned, force field drops, lose phase etc.

thats a rather weak level of defense in my experience.

if the DC is set above 10d6 then your weakness will show even more.

I would buy up con, trading in points spent on rec end and ed, to get it to 18 maybe 23

as an alternative for you ig you dont wish to be physically healthy to super levels try this

Mental discipline 10 cp

+10 CON as a power with ONLY FOR COUNTING AGAINST STUNNING -1/2 and ACT 14- -1/2 (same as your ego roll) 20 ap 10 cp

this lets you resists pain for stunning as if you had a 10 higher con and is relatively cheap.

NOTE this is not "effective" as just buying 10 con straight up also earns you freebies in 5 stun, 2 ed, 2 rec, 20 end etc worth more than this saves HOWEVER it is sometimes necessary to hit the concept when superhuman health is not fitting concept.

finally what does aid figure into? if it is an attempt to raise the mental powers and the dc is set at 10 most gms wont let it boost above the dc.

Actually, it looks like total PD/ ED are 11/ 13. This means that (35 - 11 to 13 = 24 to 22) an average shot will always stun the character and two will knock him/ her past -10. I would definately add more defense.

Also, is the player planning on more slots for the EC?

From my chair, which is very comfy, I'm taking away the following:

I'll echo much of what everyone else has said up to this point about the Skill Roll requirement; I think that the limitation itself is fine, in that it's built as a Side Effect, but I would skip the Skill Roll and go with a variation based on EGO; first, it saves the PC points in that they aren't going to have to sink for a Power Skill, second, the roll bases itself on the stat in question. The odds of them missing said EGO roll is pretty low. I would also enforce (I think it was Incrdbil who pointed this out) the -1/10 Active on that roll.

Second, and this is very "Thia" in its thinking, when I think of a multi-power I always think f a very tight structure. While I know there are plenty of variations on Multi-Power that allow for a high number of slots, I generally don't allow it, because it starts to really feel like a massive stretch. Let me explain:

1) You have a shot-gun, and the shotty has a choke, that lets you change up the AOE; while this can be done easily with a Variable Advantage, it can also (and I think this is how I did it in H:CE) be done as a suite of slots, with Lock Out. So one slot is "solid slug," and one slot is "AOE cone" and what have you, and you can limit from there. But it's all within the abilities of the shotty itself. Something like Mental Powers I generally break out into 'sets.' So you have an attack set, a defense set, and a utility set. This keeps things clean, allows the PC to run multiple powers simultaneously and makes a stronger argument for balance.

2) What's with the EC? It has one power in it, but seems to fly in the face of the rest of the structure. Rather than the EC (which is a defensive power, which can be run in accordance with everything else) I'd put together (as above) a second multi-power framework.

3) And in accord with the above, I see lots of classical mentalist powers... and a Teleport. What's with the teleport? How does this fit the SFX of that multi-power?

To clarify:

If I built Johnny Storm/The Human Torch, he would have an EC. Period. He buys LOTS of variations on fire, and the EC rends a clean cost break. But you could also buy it in multiple Multi-Power Sets, and with that, one SFX would be 'fire control,' one of them would be 'attack powers,' and one of them would be 'movement powers.' Certainly he can fly and shoot at the same time, but his Damage Shield is Always On when he's in Flame Mode.

So there are some initial thoughts.

You can save alot of points by upping CON and STR (if you buy END+REC+STUN, STR/CON will net you points, you can easily define SFX as "I use my mental powers to support my fragile body" and even take a -0 or -1/4 limitation Nonpersistant, you can then drop a TK slot in the process if you want), which I would do, since you are incredibly vulnerable, both against Stunned, and against grabs. With DCV 3 any thug will hit you, grab you or plain punch you out. On the other hand, everyone will hit you with DCV 5 too. 4 Speed is also not a lot in a 200 point game. My own game is 200 points right now, and only the brick has speed 4, but ~25 to 40 defenses vs 12 DC and nearly all other characters are speed 6.

The MP: Thia said it all. Putting random powers together (even by SFX) usually leads to weird results. Having multiple MPs is a lot cleaner and reflects utility with costs a lot better. 9 very different slots is also a bit much.

Mentalists and t-port: The first iconic Champions mentalist, Rose, was a teleporter.

In this case, it is a potential gamebreaker. I mean, Hmm. 2x mass and 320" range? Automatic get out of jail card. Also, under the right conditions (a victim that can't fly) a death dealer.

I'm rather unenthused about the side effect lim. Until it's further clarified, I will withhold judgment.

In this case, it is a potential gamebreaker. I mean, Hmm. 2x mass and 320" range? Automatic get out of jail card. Also, under the right conditions (a victim that can't fly) a death dealer.

Only if the character doesn't mind going along with the victim and only if the GM permits teleport to be used with a grab; otherwise, Usable As Attack would need to be added. (5ER 233,4. Note however the potential inconsistency in the rules; page 233 indicates that grab + tp would work, page 234 clearly states that involuntary subjects can only be teleported if the 'porter has UAA.)

I think Thia's post makes much sense in regard to effectively grouping powers. Personally, I would like to hear more from the OP about the character concept (besides the obvious).

I'm not an expert on mental powers, but I think the Mind Scan being mutually exclusive with the other mental powers will greatly restrict its usefulness. While it has value as a pure detection power, Mind Scan is valuable for allowing you to target other mental powers through it, which is only possible if you can use both simultaneously.

I completely missed that. Yes, Mind Scan in the same MP as Telepathy/Illusion/Control is a lot less good, since you can only *find* someone, but then you cannot do anything to him, not even talk. You always want Mind Scan outside your MP, and technically, having Telepathy and Control separate also helps, if you don't want to take a +1/4 telepathic advantage on your Mind Control (reducing the dice from 12d6 to 9d6 usually, which hurts).

Only if the character doesn't mind going along with the victim and only if the GM permits teleport to be used with a grab; otherwise, Usable As Attack would need to be added. (5ER 233,4. Note however the potential inconsistency in the rules; page 233 indicates that grab + tp would work, page 234 clearly states that involuntary subjects can only be teleported if the 'porter has UAA.)

I think Thia's post makes much sense in regard to effectively grouping powers. Personally, I would like to hear more from the OP about the character concept (besides the obvious).

Right; this is how I would rule it. You can grab & TP another individual (the Nightcrawler stunt) but they must be willing to go, or it requires UAA. While the text may be a little unclear, that is the canonical answer if you want to TP someone against their will. This is also one of those powers I generally don't allow (movement powers UAA) because it can be very game breakery and leads to one-trick-pony characters who only have to TP their targets up, away, whatever.

In answer to the other post I saw in regards to this, I'm not attempting to imply that the character shouldn't be able to Teleport. I'm saying that it shouldn't be a power in this framework. I'd also ask, "What's the distance allowable?" A massive range TP is insanely powerful, and in this instance it looks as though it was bought up to the level of the MP, without real rhyme or reason for it.

Movement. Most powerful thing in the game. Sign of distress? Bink! I'm here! Huzzah! Oh noes, I have no defense! SQUIT. New character. :ugly:

Here's a board friendly view of the character for those without HDv3:

Anya

Cost Powers END

22 Mental power: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun /10 active used; -1), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

2u 1) Aid 5d6 (50 Active Points)

2u 2) Energy Blast 10d6 (50 Active Points) 5

2u 3) Ego Attack 5d6 (50 Active Points) 5

2u 4) Mind Control 8d6 (Additional Class of Minds class of minds) (50 Active Points) 5

2u 5) Mind Link , Any Willing Target, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8), Psychic Bond (50 Active Points)

2u 6) Mind Scan 9d6 (Human class of minds), +2 ECV (49 Active Points) 5

I noticed that the OP says that this is a potential problem player's character in a game the the OP is GMing. (Pondering... is the OP still with us? :straight:) With that in mind, a couple more things popped into my teeny little brain...

1. As already asked--Aid what?

2. A mental EB and an Ego Attack in the same MP strikes me as odd without knowing more about the character concept. Not that it is wrong (it isn't), but you asked about this build from a GM's POV. This sends a warning flag up for me, for if a second EB (or something similar) is added, this character will be able to hit PD, ED, or MD, at their discretion. Again, not necessarily wrong, but I would look more closely at this.

3. What is the additional class of mind in the mind control? Does it make sense within the character concept?

4. Why the "Psychic Bond" with the mind link? As built, this character can form a permanent mental link with any willing target. What is the rationale behind this, or is this an error?

Without repeating anything mentioned above I will just make a suggestion with regards to the Mind Scan. Being that the MP only has ultra slots, it would be impossible for him to use the Mind Scan and another power at the same time. It would be a little (one point) cheaper to tack on "Neither Character nor Target Can Attack Through Link." This would allow him to locate others, but not attack / be attacked through it. Also, as a general rule of thumb but not a stead fast rule, I don't allow one mental power to have an additional class of minds without all them taking it. But again that isn't an absolute law, but a good rule of thumb.

La Rose.

Without repeating anything mentioned above I will just make a suggestion with regards to the Mind Scan. Being that the MP only has ultra slots, it would be impossible for him to use the Mind Scan and another power at the same time. It would be a little (one point) cheaper to tack on "Neither Character nor Target Can Attack Through Link."

I'd not let that limitation affect the cost of the multipower slot. As is, the power can't be used for that anyway, so taking it as a Limitation doesnt limit the power any more than it already is, thus falling under the 'limitation that doesnt limit isnt worth anything' clause. I'd still let the character take it as a -0, to keep the one good thing: not being able to be attacked through the Mind Scan.

There's nothing wrong with a multipower mind scan: Mind Scan has many useful purposes other than the long distance attack.

There are many ways to tweak the character to make them better, but the OP simply was worried about gamebreaking.

But the -1 side effect limitation is unclear, but it looks broken as a -1 limitation.

Hi !

You guys have been wonderful with your input...here is the revised character taking in all the input you have given me...while keeping the initial concept that my player presented me.

STR - 4

DEX - 13

CON - 13

BODY - 10

INT - 11

EGO - 20

PRE - 10

COM - 20

PD - 1 / 11 - rPD (10)

ED - 1 / 11 - rED (10)

SPD - 3

REC - 4

END - 30

STUN - 30

Mental Attack Set: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Ego Blast: Ego Attack 5d6 (Human class of minds) (50 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

TK Energy Blast: Energy Blast 10d6 (50 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Mental Defense Set: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

TK Force Field: Force Field (10 PD/10 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Mental Manipulation Set: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Psionic Mind Control: Mind Control 8d6 (Human and Class of Mind: Animal classes of minds) (50 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Psionic Mind Link: Mind Link , Human class of minds, Any Willing Target, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8), Psychic Bond (50 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Psionic Mind Scan: Mind Scan 9d6 (Human class of minds), +2 ECV (49 Active Points); Character Cannot Attack Through Link (-1 1/2), Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

TK Utility Set: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Telekensis (Crude Manipulation): Telekinesis (33 STR) (50 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Telekensis (Fine Manipulation): Telekinesis (20 STR), Affects Porous, Fine Manipulation (50 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

TK Relocation: Teleportation 10", Position Shift (25 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Toxicity Resistance: Endurance Reserve (100 END, 1 REC) (11 Active Points)

Auto Drug Injector: Aid to any characteristic 3d6, any characteristic one at a time (+1/4) (37 Active Points); OIF Durable Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -3/4), Self Only (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1/2), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), 6 Recoverable Charges (-1/4), Linked (Toxicity Resistance; -1/4), Gestures (-1/4)

These are they key powers and I'm wondering what you guys think about this revamped character.

Thanks in advance.

Mental Attack Set: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

ok, to use the power at full 50 point effect is -5 to the ego roll. This is an 8 or less. rolling a 9 means 1d6 damage, 10 is 2, 11 is 3, 12 is 4, and 13 and up would be 5d6 damage. Correct?

Mental Defense Set: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

TK Force Field: Force Field (10 PD/10 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Why a MP for only a single power?

Mental Manipulation Set: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Psionic Mind Control: Mind Control 8d6 (Human and Class of Mind: Animal classes of minds) (50 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Psionic Mind Link: Mind Link , Human class of minds, Any Willing Target, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8), Psychic Bond (50 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Psionic Mind Scan: Mind Scan 9d6 (Human class of minds), +2 ECV (49 Active Points); Character Cannot Attack Through Link (-1 1/2), Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 10 AP; -1/2), Side Effects (make skill roll of effect is 1d6 stun / 10 AP Used; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

To reiterate some previous points: if these are not flexible slots, the mind scan won't be able to be used with any other powers, as the AP effectively equals the reserve for all three powers. Also, why psychic bond on the mind link? I would also suggest double-checking that mind link is costed properly. I get 15 AP for any willing target, +15 for 8 minds at once, +10 for no LOS, +5 for psychic bond, and either +5 (anywhere in this dimension) or +10 (anywhere in any dimension), for a total of either 50 or 55 AP, depending on what "any distance" means. (I realize that Hero Designer has checkboxes for "any distance" and "any dimension", but 5ER uses slightly different language, and as a GM I like to head off any potential "misunderstandings" based on different wordings in official sources... :)