So what concepts are you tempted to play on the MMORPG anyway?

Hermit

Re: So what concepts are you tempted to play on the MMORPG anyway?

Now that I have a CP that will be able to run it.....

Either a Dr Strange clone or a Ultra Good Guy Golden age'ish Flying Brick. Can we say SPOON!!! OK maybe not....:D

I'm leaning toward my first hero, ever. The Blue Comet. (Inspired by my pajamas around age five or so. They were blue. With a comet.) Flying brick. Member of the Comet Corps. He has the powers of brickiness and flying. And smashing through cardboard box walls.

Here's a version I whipped up in HD. Basic Flying Brick Intergalactic LEO: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1844546&postcount=3

I'm leaning toward my first hero' date=' ever. The Blue Comet. (Inspired by my pajamas around age five or so. They were blue. With a comet.) Flying brick. Member of the Comet Corps. He has the powers of brickiness and flying. And smashing through cardboard box walls.[/quote']

Is his motto "SPOON!" :D

I agree, Platform Games were really a major genre in the late 80s early 90s. There are several subtypes to be defined, such as 3D, 2D, Run & Gun (now listed seperately in action games). I'm thinking of rewriting this entire article to make it more neat, tidy and organized. It has improved some in the last year or so, but it's still a mess. I'd love to see it become more like this: film genre.

Well, I had a character in a game I had to bail on before it really got going, so I'm planning on playing him, if I can find the appropriate powers for it. He used Valdorian Age type magic in a superhero setting, but not to fear, the other planes are nicer places in the modern age.

Here's a listing of the power frameworks confirmed in game, from Nexus' Unofficial Game Content FAQ over on the CO boards. Note the bolding. :D

• Darkness
  • Electricity
  • Fire
  • Force
  • Ice
  • Martial Artist: Dual Blades
  • Martial Artist: Fighting Claws
  • Martial Artist: Single Blade
  • Martial Artist: Unarmed
  • Might
  • Power Armor
  • Sorcery
  • Supernatural
  • Archery
  • Munitions
  • Gadgeteering
  • Telekinesis
  • Telepathy
  • Custom Framework

Here's a link to the Champions Online Sorcery Trailer.

I'm not sure what exactly Valdorian Age magic looks like, but maybe that will help you decide.

I propose we form The FoxBattallion. The many incarnations of Foxbat.

Golden Age Foxbat

Silver Ave Foxbat

Dark Foxbat

Foxbat:The Animated Series Foxbat

His inhuman counterpart BatFox

His insane robot namesake FaxBot

Cyber Foxbat

Cosmic Foxbat

Foxbatgirl

Foxbatfox

Manga Foxbat

Yaoi Manga Foxbat

the possibilities are endless, and probably tasteless, potentially oderless, and may disolve instantly in water.

Alternately, but unlikely, I would take a shot at Canada's Greatest Superhero:Mr Canoe Head.

Seriously, I'd probably make one of my characters from The Question Man's or Pyre-Archer's games. (Lucky, Frostbite, The Ifrit, The Fool)