The Death Of Vinnie The Viceroy

Marcus Impudite

Re: The Death Of Vinnie The Viceroy

I'm curious' date=' how powerful are these Protectors you speak of?[/quote']

Well, the last incarnation were fairly 3rd - 4th edition and most were going over 1000 points. And in a fairly efficient manner.

The last combat we ever played out involved a 40d6 RKA, explosion. Decent stun mod. My character (a sorcerer brick) was down to single digit stun, and one of the martial artists was stunned... At which point Sam handwaved the rest of any combat involving us. :D

Those characters were consigned to mostly roleplay for quite some time anyway.

Fore-eyes: Will put down 'Fairweather' as the newest Secret ID of the Shadow Lord. That'll be about it until The Shadowlord does something truly reprehensable (which he will most likely) then FE will know where to find him.

Hardball: Torn, he made a bunch of Mafia goons die screaming, so that's good. But he also get them off when they get arrested, so that's bad. Given that he can shrug off damage like that HB will possibly hand it over to someone who can do something about it.

Karma: "So the Fairweather guy is demon. He saved that girl from white slavery, puts him in the 'goodguy' column in my book. I mean it's not like I'm lilywhite.

Well, Given this....

15 Reputation: The most evil being in all existence, The darkness that’s consuming the universe, He Whose Name Must Never Be Spoken 14- (Extreme, the Mystic World and the Outer Planes)

Seer --Immediately interrupts Ms. Mystic, the head of the Earth Defense Force to inform her of this. Instead of reccomending intervention, suggests a way to manipulate the known servants of Takofones (whose identities he has some knowledge of due to a time travel adventure) into conflicting or harming this beings interests..then getting the hell out of the way. If she won't do it, Seer will use his mental powers to arrange for it. May as well put evil to use.....

He might even resort to making the secretary the bait by somehow making her an person of interest mentioned in reports he knows will make it into these 'covert' minions hands..then sit back and observe, maybe even make a 'coincidental' rescue and play up the agents of Takofones angle for good measure.

Well, Given this....

He might even resort to making the secretary the bait by somehow making her an person of interest mentioned in reports he knows will make it into these 'covert' minions hands..then sit back and observe, maybe even make a 'coincidental' rescue and play up the agents of Takofones angle for good measure.

Hmmm....

Give what we just saw happen to the last group of people to get caught messing with Fairweather/Shadow Lord's office bunny, this really doesn't sound like a wise course of action. :eek:

Hmmm....

Give what we just saw happen to the last group of people to get caught messing with Fairweather/Shadow Lord's office bunny, this really doesn't sound like a wise course of action. :eek:

Seer is subtle. A quote I've used is "A real mentalist doesn't need powers to play mind games."

Getting the minions of Takofones to get interested in the secretary would probably be done indirectly--no powers used on the minions, but used to bring the disinformation to them.

Yeah, its dangerous, but if this guy showed up, in addition to Seer and the rest of the Scooby gang trying to hold off Takofones plan's..well, Seer's figuring the world is toast, may as well go for broke with a 'Hail mary' style plan. Not much to lose at that point.

Yeah' date=' its dangerous, but if this guy showed up, in addition to Seer and the rest of the Scooby gang trying to hold off Takofones plan's..well, Seer's figuring the world is toast, may as well go for broke with a 'Hail mary' style plan. Not much to lose at that point.[/quote']

No kidding. Run the 'hail mary' play as quickly as you can and resolve this plot immediately. No point in prolonging our suffering, just get it over with and move on to a more reasonable villian...

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't believe Vinnie and his gang would just stand there and let themselves get slaughtered like that. Seriously. The "Well' date=' what do you know, good as new" part, for any sensible person, would've been the cue to [i']run like hell.[/i]

an apt way to phrase it

I figured that BrokenDark the Munchkin Lord probably started off with some kind of "close the room" or "paralyze everyone with fear" spells.

Excuse me? Munchkin Lord? If I were going to Munchkinize him, he wouldn't weigh in at 7000 points (or at the very least, he'd pack FAR MORE of a punch than he already does). As written, he's an epically inefficient build. And for those kvetching about how powerful he is, read his Campaign Use section.:rolleyes: