City of Heroes/Villains Mission ARCs

SuperPheemy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: City of Heroes/Villains Mission ARCs

So far I am disappointed with the ARC generator. I can't mess with the maps nor can I add decision gates or contacts within the story This reduces the possibilities to being mostly just shooting galleries.

While you can't add true contacts within the story, use allies (set to stay there or leave the map) to impart additional information during missions.

Here's my arc:

Digital Transition

by @Heroic

Arc ID: 143017

Length: Long

First Published: 05/03/2009 12:15 PM

Morality: Neutral

Mission 1: Small size map, level range 40-54. Contains Ambush, Boss, Collection, Ally.

Mission 2: Unique map, level range 40-54. Contains Ambush, Boss, Ally.

Mission 3: Large size map, level range 1-54. Contains Boss, Collection, A Destructible Object.

Enemy Groups: Freakshow, Psychic Clockwork, Custom Group.

Description: A strange message appears in your email. The citizens of Paragon City are about to be enslaved by Television. You must break into a Freakshow base and recover the parts to the one being that can defeat it - the Radio!

[Type: Story, Estimated Time: 1 hour, last mission has EB and a 30-minute timer]

My two main concerns on this one are the difficulty of the EB in the final mission, and the time limit. It originally had a 1 hour timer, but after a friend and I finished it in 20 minutes (including one death each because we weren't paying attention and drew aggro from multiple groups) I decided to reduce it to 30 minutes. Any feedback people can give is appreciated.

I like timed missions. They lend a sense of urgency. Also, if there is an AV or EB in the mission and a player can't beat them, a timed mission will eventually end and allow them to move on or end the arc without having to cancel out.

And, also, I can't believe you got the global handle @Heroic. Awesome!

I'll check it out perhaps with a couple other people later' date=' but I generally dislike timed missions. I don't get the urgency, I just get annoyed.[/quote']

Generally, I agree with you...but there was a good story reason for it. So far, the feedback I've gotten about the timer has been good.

And' date=' also, I can't believe you got the global handle @Heroic. Awesome![/quote']

When global handles originally came out (I've been playing since 3rd wave beta), I got @Heroic1. But I kept trying to change the handle, and was finally able to get @Heroic. Heroic has been my ID on the CoX boards since release, so I was glad to get it.

While you can't add true contacts within the story, use allies (set to stay there or leave the map) to impart additional information during missions.

Here's my arc:

Digital Transition

by @Heroic

Arc ID: 143017

Length: Long

First Published: 05/03/2009 12:15 PM

Morality: Neutral

Mission 1: Small size map, level range 40-54. Contains Ambush, Boss, Collection, Ally.

Mission 2: Unique map, level range 40-54. Contains Ambush, Boss, Ally.

Mission 3: Large size map, level range 1-54. Contains Boss, Collection, A Destructible Object.

Enemy Groups: Freakshow, Psychic Clockwork, Custom Group.

Description: A strange message appears in your email. The citizens of Paragon City are about to be enslaved by Television. You must break into a Freakshow base and recover the parts to the one being that can defeat it - the Radio!

[Type: Story, Estimated Time: 1 hour, last mission has EB and a 30-minute timer]

My two main concerns on this one are the difficulty of the EB in the final mission, and the time limit. It originally had a 1 hour timer, but after a friend and I finished it in 20 minutes (including one death each because we weren't paying attention and drew aggro from multiple groups) I decided to reduce it to 30 minutes. Any feedback people can give is appreciated.

Just played this. Had fun, but there was a issue in the third mission -- I think you intended for the spawns to be PPD, but all the spawns were Avatar of Television bosses. The only way I knew which one was the one that counted for the mission was his dialog box. With all the psi flying around, if I hadn't been playing a Willpower Scrapper it would have been debt city.

Just played this. Had fun' date=' but there was a issue in the third mission -- I think you intended for the spawns to be PPD, but all the spawns were Avatar of Television bosses.[/quote']

Just fixed that. Apparently, the last time I edited the mission, it somehow got the groups for the mission switched. I did a test run after editing this time, and everything seems to be working again.

I just posted my first Arc.

Arc name: Elder Tsoo by @Lord Cumulus

ID number 166150

Very long with a custom boss at the end.

If you up the slider he becomes an EB and yes he is supposed to be nasty.

• 4 months later...