I'm just drawn this way... Power Suggestions needed

nexus

I have a character who calls herself "Hero Girl". Her ability set is based around the fact she suffers from a deep delusions that she's living in a comic book (which is totally wrong of course, she's living in a role playing game). One part of her power is that her abilities can change according to what "artist" is drawing her at the time. This will probably be a multipower of different ability sets with NCC on when they change.

But I need some ideas on what powers different art styles might give based on current and past famous comic artists. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: I'm just drawn this way... Power Suggestions needed

Jim Lee: Life Support, no need to breathe; +10 rPD only to Spinal Damage.

Rob Liefeld: Life Support, no need to breathe; +15 rPD only to Spinal Damage; +5 BODY (extra vital organs)

Matt Baker: +6 COM, Instant Change (Only to partially clad state)

Carl Barks: Desolidificaton (Only to pass through huge quantities of tiny items)

Frank Miller: -4 COM, Mind Control, telepathic - single command - Act like an a$$hole.

But I need some ideas on what powers different art styles might give based on current and past famous comic artists. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well the thing that is most liable to change is of course Comeliness since that's a cosmetic change to start with. Other than that, I could see her switching between normal and killing attacks and between armour and damage reduction depending on how much her imaginary artist likes drawing blood.

Interesting concept... :think:

One that hasn't been mentioned yet: STR. Especially with the women bricks, artists vary wildly in musculature. I've seen some pictures of WW or She-Hulk where they look like body builders, but mostly they look like slender supermodels.

I can't really think of any artist specific effects right now. Maybe...

• +5 PRE via Jack Kirby (dramatic posing)

I'll think on it.

Interesting concept, and a thread we can poke fun at comic artists with, and probably offend someones fave while we're at it, excellent!.

off the top of my head,

Todd McFarlane

+10 dexterity, +5 pre, double jointed, (for all those really contorted shapes shapes he can put you in and still look cool doing it)

John Byrne,

+5 ocv (blurry outline)

John romita jr

-5 com, -2 dcv, (ugly blocky cumbersome form)

Bill sienkiewicz

Ego attack (pen) (opponent is locked in a mental battle as he tries to comprehend whats he's looking at)

Neal adams

+1000 pre, (you look that awesome because you ARE that awesome)

all i can think off right now, theres more, theres always more :)

Jack Kerby - Godlike powers, an entire pantheon to go with and amazing (if not exactly anatomically correct) action poses!!!

Adam Hughes - +20 COM ALL DAY!!! Hubba hubba!

George Perez - Any dang thing you can think of - He can draw it all! (and there will be at least a dozen other heroes along for the ride. :)

Rob Liefeld - Giant, totally inappropriate guns (and no wrists or ankles).

NOTE: Personally, I don't think you should be considering artists, but rather various writers!

Kirby Dots- +10 Pre, linked to energy projection powers (-1/2) (Do I need to say it?)

Graceful- +5 Dex and 10 points of movement power (Scott McDaniel and Damion Scott)

Oh God, My Eyes- +20 Ego, only to avoid losing his mind from the messed up sh!t they see everyday (Erik Larsen)

Dynamic- +3 Dex, +10 points worth of movement powers, and +10 Pre linked to power use (-1/2) (John Romita JR)

Eh, nice Photograph- Physical Limitation: Can't Move (All the time, Fully) (Alex Ross)

Fun to read and looks cool- +10 points in anything she wants (Todd Nuack)

While by no means comprehensive, here are some broad-stroke suggestions, with links to (ideally) helpful examples:

Femme Fatalia – EGO, Luck, Overall Skill Levels. Resourceful, tough, willful, and dangerous! Will Eisner and Milton Caniff define this character, but Darwyn Cooke is a modern example. I’d also argue that many of Steve Dillon’s girls fall into the same camp, though with a far rougher edge to them.

Action Girl!!! – Flash (maybe Linked to STR, w/Personal Immunity), Force Field, PRE and SPD. Obviously, we’re talking about Jack Kirby’s wild, dynamic style, along with John Buscema.

Olympia – Aid (or Succor) to STR, DEX, INT, and COM (with the Variable Effect +1 Advantage), Flight, 8-point Combat Skill Levels. If ever there were Classicists in comics, they were Neal Adams , and George Perez.

Lady Killzone – DEX, Killing Attack(s)... and Stretching. Personally, I blame Rob Liefield, Todd McFarlane, Frank Miller, and to some extent Jim Lee.

Power Woman – Density Increase, Damage Reduction, and PRE. These girls tend towards the monumental (you might call them Rubenesque, but that can have some negative connotations outside of Art History). Based on the art of Adam Hughes, Frank Cho and possibly Amanda Connor.

And I'm certain that's there's also a power set in the art of Art Baltazar, but I'm not sure how you'd go about designing it.