Whoops! Did I really allow that power?

Certified

Re: Whoops! Did I really allow that power?

I had a PC try and get this one by me: Teleport usable against others w/megascale. She became upset when I told her I would not allow her to teleport bad guys a kilometer straight up and drop them.

She didn't think high enough - what's wrong with parking bad guys in orbit or on the Moon?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just allowed a necromantic mage hero (??? - yah, that alone is going to be trouble within Epic City's hero team Epic Alliance) to have a spell wherein he summons a spirit in the form of the Grim Reaper (complete with scythe) that appears and slices up his opponents. The cuts are phantasms, so no blood or guts... But the attack is bought as a Transformation: Working Limb to Non-Working Limb...

It hasn't bit me in the arse yet... but I feel like I might loose its use soon! :rolleyes:

HAve one, used it against the players. they weren't impressed.

With reguard to t-port/mega scale, I belive you can only use (usable as an attack) with a combat movement rate and all mega scale porting is inherently non combat .

For game breaking effects I think summon(x) were x is a huge # of combatents can make the game slow to a standstill/stop.

With reguard to t-port/mega scale, I belive you can only use (usable as an attack) with a combat movement rate and all mega scale porting is inherently non combat .

For game breaking effects I think summon(x) were x is a huge # of combatents can make the game slow to a standstill/stop.

As can insane levels of duplication.

A possible solution is using the mass combat rules from FH. Boil their massive summons / duplicates to a single roll / sheet / etc.

Duplication is always tricky to balance. Every time I get talked into allowing it (even if it's just one duplicate) I end up regretting it.

Ghost in an earlier post (http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1863992&highlight=duplication#post1863992) has a perfect story about duplication being surprisingly powerful.