Creating chracters in Champs Online

DusterBoy

Re: Creating chracters in Champs Online

Anyone that's currently in the game beta won't be able to answer this. I hear there's an NDA.

Are you asking about the graphics portion of creating a character? Since it's by Cryptic, I would guess it's very similar to how character art is created in COH.

I imagine that once the game is published you can create an account on the website that will have profile information about you and your character/nemesis (and if you have more than one if that's possible).

All MMOs I've ever heard of - you must create characters within the graphical client itself. You don't create characters outside of the client (ie not on the website about the game).

Yeah, the Rate My Champions page is just displaying characters that are in the beta test. You can create an account on the site and apply for beta, but getting into beta is the only way you can do it for now. Those are actual models used by player characters in game.

It says youll be able to get the name you want. I like this because i always have trouble with finding good names in COH/V because alot are taken. I'm just wondering how they will make it so you cantell the difference when searching for people.

Let's hope they don't. They should create a secondary name. Giving out half of someone's login info is not good security. CoH/V uses a global chat handle that's generated in game and isn't a match for your login (unless you're stupid enough to do so yourself), so I think that's the approach they'll use here.