6E Speedster Suite

I haven't done a lot of Speedsters, and it's been a long time. I thought I'd try doing one in 6E, and your feedback is appreciated. This is for a standard Superheroic power level.

I'm not done with the whole character, but here is the major suite of powers. The SFX of his Teleportation is that the character moves as far as he needs to to get to the destination point "instantly", using one of his other modes of movement (i.e. Running, Flight, or Swimming) and carrying as much as he normally can with his Str. The HTH Attack simulates him doing extra damage by moving faster than he actually can according to his powers (or acts as a sort of "virtual Move Through/By" if he uses it with a Teleportation Half-Move to get around a big obstacle).

Land, Air, and Water
: Multipower 20 point Reserve

Flight: 20m [Fixed; 2 Real]

Running: +20m (32m total) [Fixed; 2 Real]

Swimming: +28m (32m total) [Fixed; 2 Real]

[26 Total]

Slam 'em At Full Speed
: HTH Attack +6d6 [30 Active]; HTH Attack (-1/4) [24 Real]

Too Fast to See
: Invisibility to Sight, Hearing, and Touch Groups [30 Real]

There Instantly
: Teleportation: 20m, Increased Mass (x4), No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, Safe Aquatic Teleport; Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4); MegaScale: 1m = 1,000km (+7/4); No Range Modifier (+1/2) [175 Active]; Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) [140 Real]

Thoughts?

Re: 6E Speedster Suite

Maybe. Granted situations where the Adders are all necessary are extremely unlikely, it'd still be nice to cover them. Hmm. That does make me realize, though, that I really don't need No Range Modifier on it. With the MegaScale, +4 Range Levels would do exactly the same thing and be a lot cheaper.

i would drop the megascale tp to 2m base and add another 1/4 to the megascale for the same net distance.

Unless it violates a campaign limit.

franklybstrategic movement is good and this is a dandy but it sn't on par with 140 cp.

thats a gross over investment for the scenes in which it will take part in frequency and sevrity. your gm isn't going to want to run sufficient scenes where becausse of that power only you get to participate in a scene to warrant an investment of that many points.

if he even tries the other pcs will be quite annoyed at all their time watching you play.

then again if they all buy a compensating 150 pt power ad the investment is like a campaign freebie then cost is irrelevent.

I've never been a fan of the "too fast to see" sfx for Invisibility. The Teleportation power seems like a better mechanic to use (just create another multipower/VPP slot with UAA & AOE).

From what I can discern from Hero Designer, Megascale costing is the only substantial change from 5er to 6e regarding movement. I started working on an update to Superman and Flash from my JLA project but I didn't see a need to change their Multipower slots (except to handle the new Megascale cost). I even discovered that an equivalently functional VPP became affordable for only a few more points (10-15?).

Hmm. I guess that could work. There isn't much difference in cost or anything' date=' and I can't really see any functional differences. Thanks. :)[/quote']

The biggest difference is it means your Running acquires a Turn Mode.

Possibly not desirable, possibly a non-issue.

The biggest difference is it means your Running acquires a Turn Mode.

Possibly not desirable, possibly a non-issue.

I thought that at first myself, but upon that suggestion I re-read the Advantage in 6E, and I think it actually doesn't. In fact, it appears to act almost exactly like the Multipower (now?).

When used as the second mode of movement, the power is subject to all rules governing that Movement Power, instead of the rules for the primary Movement Power. For example, Running usable as Gliding Flight has a Turn Mode when the character Glides, even though Running itself doesn’t have a Turn Mode.

Changing from one mode of movement to another is a Zero Phase Action, but a character can only do so once per Phase.

• 4 months later...

How do you handle the trick where a speedster vibrates so fast' date=' they cause burns/fiery damage to whatever they're in contact with? It's a handy way to escape grapples.[/quote']

My first instinct is to use Damage Shield (6E = Area Affect - surface, characters skin)