Will Stronghold

Kal'El Wayne

Re: Will Stronghold

Hmm....forum hiccup. As it is right now I've got the outlines done and the "Sky High" campaign outline done, about half way through the basics on the Kids sheets (the Adults will be easy). Good excercise for getting into the new rules I think.

~Rex

Isn't she supposed to be a master of hand-to-hand combat to?

She has some unspecified super science skills as well (it's mentioned offhandedly by the Commander during the tour of the Secret Sanctum).

Even though we don't really see it, it's also implied that she's really fast (Super Sonic Flight). Flying home from Italy with fresh pizza calls from some major NCM or Megascale ;)

Jetstream is MASSIVELY fast, and pretty brutal in hand to hand as well. The flash back where the Commander is telling Will about how they got their best Trophy (won't toss in the spoilers but you can watch just that scene on the Sky High official site), shows that while The Commander can pimp slap Godzilla Sized opponents, Jetstream is no slouch in the beat down department and well....

There are several scenes where the Commander almost damages his kid. Jetstream seems pretty immune to such casual displays, hence, no Man of Steel Woman of Kleenex issues in that household I suspect.

Just finished up the sheets for the kids. Like I said before Layla was easy, some of the Side Kicks actually were tougher to do then the Full Blown Supers (Like Lash and Speed). Starting on the grown ups now.....so ...After the weekend should have some sheets to post. Got to PLAY them first though. I figure since I've got babysitting duty for some friends of mine (never make football bets because you are SURE you will win), I figure, Sky High the Movie for the kids, and Sky High the game afterwards since the parents are always hasseled by the Juniors to get to play in the grown up game, I'll just give them their own game to play for now....heh.....Corrupting Juniors with HERO products.....Such a Baron Bedlam thing to do. :D

~Rex

There are several scenes where the Commander almost damages his kid. Jetstream seems pretty immune to such casual displays' date=' hence, no Man of Steel Woman of Kleenex issues in that household I suspect.[/quote']

Probably, but... the Commander thought Will already had super strength.

I'm sure he wouldn't have casually tossed a 45lb plate at him like that had Will not tricked him into believing he was able to bench press 500+ lbs in sets of 200...

Jetstream is MASSIVELY fast, and pretty brutal in hand to hand as well. The flash back where the Commander is telling Will about how they got their best Trophy (won't toss in the spoilers but you can watch just that scene on the Sky High official site), shows that while The Commander can pimp slap Godzilla Sized opponents, Jetstream is no slouch in the beat down department and well....

There are several scenes where the Commander almost damages his kid. Jetstream seems pretty immune to such casual displays, hence, no Man of Steel Woman of Kleenex issues in that household I suspect.

Just finished up the sheets for the kids. Like I said before Layla was easy, some of the Side Kicks actually were tougher to do then the Full Blown Supers (Like Lash and Speed). Starting on the grown ups now.....so ...After the weekend should have some sheets to post. Got to PLAY them first though. I figure since I've got babysitting duty for some friends of mine (never make football bets because you are SURE you will win), I figure, Sky High the Movie for the kids, and Sky High the game afterwards since the parents are always hasseled by the Juniors to get to play in the grown up game, I'll just give them their own game to play for now....heh.....Corrupting Juniors with HERO products.....Such a Baron Bedlam thing to do. :D

~Rex

Depending on how old the kids are, PS238 might be a better introduction for them.

Nah they handled the full rules just fine. It's really a lot easier to teach HERO to a 12 year old kid then what it is to a 35 year old d20 player. :D Once you get to the level where you can teach d20 people how to play HERO and they come back for more teaching a bunch of kids is nothing really.

SO FAR, so good on the builds. I need to as I thought, tweak a few of the sheets to bring them into line with the scale. Other then that, almost done with them to where I'm satisfied. Figured out a way to pare it back a bit in a few places.

~Rex

Guest steamteck

Nah they handled the full rules just fine. It's really a lot easier to teach HERO to a 12 year old kid then what it is to a 35 year old d20 player. :D Once you get to the level where you can teach d20 people how to play HERO and they come back for more teaching a bunch of kids is nothing really.

~Rex

I've found the same to be true. Kids just take it for what it is and D20 crowd tends to have their eyes glaze over while the kids don't see any problem just possibilities. All in the mindset. My 11 year old was explaining HERO to my older daughter's D&D group who weren't getting it a few months ago. ( They decided to convert after they were boggled by 4th edition D&D on the other hand.)

Well I was hoping to have my sheets posted today. I was actually running a full blown "Sky High" game for both the parents and the kids. We lost track of time and it ended up at oh, Midnight on a school night no less, heh.....

When We all vacated, like an idiot I left the sheets behind. I have to go back and fetch them but do to Holiday catchup here at the day job, probably going to be around Wednesday when I can post them.

Everyone is REALLY tough though, if you put some thought into it, there is the initial Lunchroom brawl with Will and Warren, where Warren gets Knocked through two sets of foot thick Concrete walls, collides with a concrete support pillar, smashes that in half basically, gets up brushes off the dust and heads back to the fight.

So a lot of the "combatant" sheets will look pretty tough, Still, it allows them to do what was in the movies. Some of them have a bit more, and the Hero Support, is not as limited as one may think (After all they had Utility Belt class. :D)...

Pretty happy with all the builds for now, though if I dwell on them more the Inner Plumber will take over, so when I get back down across the border where we play, I'll have those sheets and post them with quickness.....Oh......and being able to Shape shift into a Guinea Pig. Not exactly Useless.

~Rex

Not just Thrown in. Thrown THROUGH, bounced off of. Remember right in the beginning, Will takes a hundred pound weight plate, right in the chest, hard enough to knock him onto his bed and collapse it, with nothing but an "Ooommph!"

I kept things at the low end of the scale for most of the builds. I like to factor in "Push" to the ceiling for the most part instead of already being there. Makes more sense to me build wise. Still, especially for the combatants, the Defenses are pretty good.

Fear "The Popsicle" because the kids actually not a bad character. :D

~Rex

No mention of the Villain from the movie? Is she so easy to build that it is beneath mention?

Okay, she is a pretty standard gadgeteer, although she is described as a technopath (and she did assemble a freeze ray pistol by waving her hand over it), so perhaps it should be based on mental characteristics somehow. Unlike many gadgeteers, however, she has pretty impressive social abilities.

Royal Pain. Actually pretty easy. Very NASTY to especially since I've got her built on Standard points instead of Teen Hero points. So it's not that she's beneath mention, it's that she hasn't come up yet. :D

In game play it took some serious thinking to take her down. She's really the only sheet I think I should re-tool a bit, since there needs to be more, techno-base and giant robot building capability there then what I have now. Simple though, couple of minor reductions and shift a few things left and right and I'll be happy with it.

GREAT badguy though.

~Rex

No mention of the Villain from the movie? Is she so easy to build that it is beneath mention?

Okay, she is a pretty standard gadgeteer, although she is described as a technopath (and she did assemble a freeze ray pistol by waving her hand over it), so perhaps it should be based on mental characteristics somehow. Unlike many gadgeteers, however, she has pretty impressive social abilities.

I'd call the handwave a Transform (only vs. technology). Either that or it's a power stunt via her Power: Gadgeteer skill that doubles as the control skill for her VPP.

All part of the VPP is how I have it written out. Gadget Pool with a bit more, flash. So long as the parts are there, etc etc etc ......wish I could remember the exact details. I need to go rescue my sheets before they end up demolished, heh.

Royal Pain is really the only one I wrote up with a VPP since I wanted to keep the kids sheets simple enough for Kids to play, and the Adults sheets simple enough for "d20 burned into their fore-brain" people to play.

Dr. Medula was a good time in play as well.

~Rex

• 2 weeks later...

True, it IS. Medula is probably the most complicated sheet (and the most dangerous). I should have those sheets back soon I just need to track down the last two (and one of them is Will so no point in posting till I get Will back first). Hate it when test subjects run off with my Material, heh.

~Rex