Will Stronghold

Kal'El Wayne

Re: Will Stronghold

Better to watch the movie. Heck it's worth watching for a good chuckle and the fact that Linda Carter is still hot. Essentially speaking, Will Stronghold would end up as, a Flying Brick, with a Shockwave punch to the floor.

You could easily build him by taking the 6e2 stats for Taurus, remove the horns and running, give him flight, and a focus suit for more resistant protection because he doesn't come off as very bullet proof in the movie, but he can smash hard thing without pulping his hands.

The STR for Taurus is about right to......Drop him down to Teen Champions level, move the supporting stats down, add an activation roll to some of his schticks and you can make it fit easily enough.

~Rex

You could easily build him by taking the 6e2 stats for Taurus, remove the horns and running, give him flight, and a focus suit for more resistant protection because he doesn't come off as very bullet proof in the movie, but he can smash hard thing without pulping his hands.

To be honest nobody shoots bullets at him during the movie. However it is suggested he has the same powers as his dad and they describe his dad as Invulnerable, but thats the "invulnerable" you get from being super strong. I suspect Will Stronghold would be able to shrug off "mundane" attacks (like bullets).

Sky High was an unexpectly decent movie. :)

brain-5.gifcould you describe the character?

Will is the son of two superheroes, one is a brick and the other is a flying martial artist. At the beginning of the movie, Will is being sent to a school for metapowered kids, even though his superpowers haven't come in yet. At this point, he'd be built as a normal teenaged boy in reasonably good shape. About halfway through the movie, he starts displaying his father's super strength. He pulls doors off their hinges and throws another meta through a couple of walls. We see him doing a casual strength lift of about six cheerleaders at one point. He also has an AOE Knockback "brick trick" wherein he punches the floor and everyone in range falls over. In the climactic end battle, he also turns out to have inherited his mother's flight (though not necessarily her martial arts training).

20 lefts 4 people or 6 cheer leaders

since causal is 1/2 str (or maybe it should be strength -20)

the character has a 40 strength

add x2 knockback and stipulate that a throw could be considered a punch without the punch damage

buy the brick trick shockwave

(40 + 3/4 (DKB) =70-10(for starting str)=60)

Nah his casual stuff is pretty impressive, more then just lifting cheer leaders. Not kidding though if you take Taurus, and replace the Horns and the running with Flight you're pretty much done for a Standard level game, for a Teen Level, some RAR and a few stat (drop 50 to 40, shave 5 off a few other things) and skill drops and you're still in the ballpark.

Really not a very complicated character. Harder to do his Girlfriends powers then anything else in that movie.

~Rex

Really not a very complicated character. Harder to do his Girlfriends powers then anything else in that movie.

~Rex

I'd almost have to give her a Power Pool, though a lot of it could be filed under Change Environment and maybe a Cosmetic Transform. There would definitely need to be a limitation that appropriate plants need to be present. Probably the most impressive noncombat thing we saw her do was grow an appleseed into a tree so she could climb up it (at which point she pulled an edible apple off the tree). Arguably that's a Major Transform (appleseed to adult tree). I could also see that as the SFX for Leaping, since the point of it was to get up to a roof from the ground. In combat, she had to be near a window in order to summon ivy from outside to create an AOE Entangle.

Maybe a multipower with the Change Environment, Transform, Entangle, Herbopathy (telepathy or mind control, only vs. plant minds) and then a lot of points in the Power: Plant Manipulation skill.

Warren Peace would be pretty simple. He clearly has Combat Luck (because he survived being thrown through a wall) and most everything else he did falls under Blast.

Warren's Easy .......Just about everyone in that Movie is Easy but the GIRL....that is a tough Power suite to work up if you really think of it. The :

"Maybe a multipower with the Change Environment, Transform, Engtange, Herbopathy (telepathy or mind control, only vs. plant minds) and then a lot of points in the Power: Plant Manipulation skill."

Is the correct direction to go. Wouldn't doubt it that if you scale up from a Teen Champions game with her, that she ends up one of the more powerful people in the campaign. Especially since her mood seems to affect the world around her.

~Rex

Warren Peace would be pretty simple. He clearly has Combat Luck (because he survived being thrown through a wall) and most everything else he did falls under Blast.

I'd put that down to the nature of the universe they live in and that all characters with powers are tougher than normal. Perhaps thats why kids without "obvious" powers are chosen as sidekicks? Perhaps even sidekicks are tougher than normal (normals)?

Warren's Easy .......Just about everyone in that Movie is Easy but the GIRL....that is a tough Power suite to work up if you really think of it. The :

"Maybe a multipower with the Change Environment, Transform, Engtange, Herbopathy (telepathy or mind control, only vs. plant minds) and then a lot of points in the Power: Plant Manipulation skill."

Is the correct direction to go. Wouldn't doubt it that if you scale up from a Teen Champions game with her, that she ends up one of the more powerful people in the campaign. Especially since her mood seems to affect the world around her.

~Rex

She is referred to as one of the most powerful incoming students IIRC, so that's not wrong.

I'd put that down to the nature of the universe they live in and that all characters with powers are tougher than normal. Perhaps thats why kids without "obvious" powers are chosen as sidekicks? Perhaps even sidekicks are tougher than normal (normals)?

I think that's aprt of that world's rules. Even the sidekicks were put in potentially lethal situations without much seeming concern. The test to see if you even had powers would have killed "normal people." I would say that all "supers" have some heightened PD and ED, sopme of that resistant. Sidekicks would have a few levels of Combat Luck.

I'm going to actually write up everyone tonight. I brought the subject up to a few of my players last night and we ended up watching the movie again. So now I sorta gotta do it, heh.

The Side Kicks are pretty tough really if you look at them in comparison to everyone else. They can be bullied by the Super Teens and not really get hurt, and some of the side kicks, have powers.

Hate to say it, but looking at a few of the sheets I have done already (though Layla is still going to be the tough one to do), there is some potential here.

~Rex