Help! Secret ID is being uncovered!

Alverant

Re: Help! Secret ID is being uncovered!

Didn't happen that way. Peter made a deal with the Devil so that the last five years never happened...

Sure... but it sound weird as it affect all and every lines, even thoses that doesnt concern spiderman directly... And it is totally ignored nor having any consequence in other series with spiderman, like his participation in Avengers. I am fairly sure the last 5 years DID have happened in that story line, even if nobody speak of Spidey identity in them.

For me the write off is only for official Spiderman Comics, evey other comics where he is part of a team didn't mention a major timeline alteration, they just do as he never show is face at the first place.

Speaking of Spider Identities, I remember a comic in the Initiative Series (number 7) where the new Scarlet Spider-men pretend that there was more then one Spider-man, and that Peter Parker was only one of a group.

So your character could have a group of others (maybe the other PCs and not tell the robot about this) who appear in slightly different colored/configurations of the power suit at a big public event. Say they are an intergalactic peace force who use the armor around the galaxy. The impostor heroes order the immediate return of the suit for not obeying their inter stellar laws. One of the suits will take over until a new user for the Smokin Aces' suit can be found.

So in short, Jack has to give the suit away and everyone thinks his powers are gone. Jack Daystrom wears one of these configured armors so the public presume it's a different man under the mask. Eventually the old suit is brought back ("a new wielder has been found!") and everyone has moved onto the next Galactic/Secret/Clone/Crisis/etc.

This is another neat way of handling it (and repped, BTW). Reminds me of what they were going to do to the "Greatest American Hero" (but instead they cancelled it). You could say Jack's technical skills were required to maintain the armor, but it was designed and built elsewhere by someone else. It doesn't have to be supposedly inter-stellar; they could say they're inter-dimensional. Of course, this does open Jack up to kidnapping to pick his mind for what he knows about the armor once a "new user is found." Makes my GM heart happy to think of the plot possibilities.

• 1 month later...

Could always go with the old Cobalt Man standby that Iron Man used once when he impersonated him. A hologram is projected by the suit over the body of the person inside. Under "safe" conditions the hero removes his helmet and reveals to the world that he is made of intelligent energy and can't live outside the suit for more then a few moments except in very "safe" conditions. Since he didn't want the world at large to know about his condition he has been secretly asking different individuals to try and come up with a cure. Your character, out of the armor, was just one in a long line of people he has asked for help.

We had several characters (to distinguish from the players) that' date=' as part of their personality, had issues dealing with the multiple persona issue. They had a tendency to call a character by his real name, as opposed to the mask. Constantly.[/quote']

Ouch!:ugly: That's a major headache for you!

Not sure I can advise you on this - currently I'm running a Necessary Evil series where ALL the PCs are hunted rebels against the alien occupation...

Didn't happen that way. Peter made a deal with the Devil so that the last five years never happened...

And here I was thinking he just had Writer's Fiat in his favour...

Leaving out the clones, the alien imposters, the alien living suits, the robots... Would Joe Q. Public even CARE about which 'nice guy postgraduate photographer nerd' wears the pyjamas?

Simply have Jack 'come out' as the mechanic who fixes Ace, and at the same time have him point out that Ace is actually a robot from a near future timeline that has now been erased by the changes he made when he came back. Demonstrate by showing the public a 'spare arm' which is a fully robotic replica of the Smokin' Ace suit's arm. He claims that the reason he is nowhere to be seen when Smokin' Ace arrives is because he must be stationed at the base, giving data and such, like Oracle does for Batman.

Then have him build a 'son' or 'daughter' for Smokin' Ace, which is actually a copy of Smokin' Ace's suit. They should look the same or similar, so he can switch between which ones he wears. He should build robot that can put either suit too, if he can, then he and his robot friend can have Smokin' Ace and his descendant both show up at the same time.

Leaving out the clones, the alien imposters, the alien living suits, the robots... Would Joe Q. Public even CARE about which 'nice guy postgraduate photographer nerd' wears the pyjamas?

Considering that the writer at the time wanted his name taken off the story by that point...

That Fiat sure looks good in Peter's Driveway