Spanish character naming help

BoloOfEarth

A few years back, I created a supervillain team whose members are named after most of Chicago's major league sports teams. So we have Bear (football), Bull (basketball), Blackhawk (hockey), Cubbie (baseball), and Fire (soccer), with the team led by Iron Mike (a Ditka wannabe). Of those, the name I'm least happy with is Fire. (Not surprisingly, he's an energy projector -- I'll let you guess which special effect. ;))

While I want to keep his American name as Fire (since that is the name of the Chicago soccer team), the character is Spanish so I figured a Spanish version of "fire" or a variation thereof might work better as an additional villain name.

As an added wrinkle, he has a twin sister with cold/ice powers (slightly less powerful, as Fire's DNPC) so I'd also like a Spanish version of "ice" or variations thereof for her.

It doesn't have to be a literal translation of "fire" and "ice". It could be the Spanish word for "flames" or, well, almost anything really since none of the other Windy City Sportsmen speaks a word of Spanish. Though I guess it shouldn't be too far from "fire" since the media is sure to report it.

For a bit more info on the character, look under the spoiler (unless you're a member of S-Squad, in which case GO AWAY!):

Juan Ramirez (Fire) and his twin sister Juanita (Ice) are the only children of a Spanish diplomat in the US. Both are in their early 20s. Juan is an incessant show-off, both as a supervillain and as a college soccer player. He's strikingly handsome and charming, very laid back unless talking about soccer or arguing with his sister about her latest boy-toy. His costume is bright yellow and red with stylized flames up the sides and a fireball logo on his chest.

Juanita almost never uses her powers. She has no costume, and will only use a supers-style name to avoid using her own if she's forced to use her powers. She's also an aspiring actress, a bit of a flirt, and as beautiful as Juan is handsome.

And yes, I specifically chose NOT to make her an ice princess, just like I decided NOT to make him a hot-head.

Rep for all reasonable suggestions, and I'll email the completed PDF of the team's writeup as well if you PM me an email address. (I'm hoping to have the writeups complete by the end of the month.)

Re: Spanish character naming help

Fuego y Frio would mean Fire and Cold' date=' but I think it has a nice ring to it.[/quote']

I think those sound great. Much better than another experience I had.

A GM friend of mine, who was usually VERY prepared for game sessions, had done everything for our latest adventure except... name the bad guy.

He had created a villain with who could control plants, and wanted to give it an ethnic twist. So, during the adventure, we meet the villain, and make a note that he is of Spanish descent. When the time for introductions came, the GM realized his work was incomplete, so the villain boldly proclaimed himself "Spanish for Plant".

Which we promptly looked up for him. And noting that "La Planta" is feminine, we promptly decided that we would brute force masculinize it, and thus was born the mighty "El Planto".