building KISS

bloomann

building kiss

I’m all nostalgic and misty eyed, I mean my mom sent my kid the new KISS album Sonic Boom, which really rocks in a total insouciant late 70’s early 80’s way when metal “wuz about scoring” and using the two brain cells left in your head after a night out to pump your fist in the air...but I digress.

No I thought it would be fun building KISS. They are archetypical iconic figures and there have been comics (pretty bad) video games (that I’ve never played) and at least one super hero movie KISS Meets the Phantom (of the park) yaaagh. BUT WAIT

they would make a good superhero team, no really :

The Starchild : a roaming soul, born from beyond the galaxy, a space pirate traveling in strange dimensions. He has empathy, telepathy, a star blast, navigation- pirate skills...

The Demon : bound to a devil, fighting to keep control, Faustian tragedy, super strength, fire breathing, flight

The Space ACE : a bizarre android with wild gravity controlling teleportation abilities, surfing on the space time continuum

The Cat Man : the spirit of the beast, hyper senses, and claws every super team gotta have claws!

we could add :

The Fox : a trickster, and master escape artist

The Magician : a master of the mystic arts

dare we go even further?

here are their nemesis:

The God Of Thunder (and rock and roll) : a modern day Thor

War Machine : aww heck it’s already been made into a movie

The King of the Nighttime world : a Vampire king of immense power and fashion taste

She - walks by moonlight...a succubus

Destroyer - a brick with a grudge who can level an entire city

Dr Love - toting his infamous Love Gun

or what about the thing that is : Almost Human

Black Diamond : her ebony skin is as hard as a ...

oh wait look over there it’s the CREATURES OF THE NIGHT!!!!

Deuce : the two in one girl

Domino : master ninja assassin and hot momma whoa!

AWWW - the flaming youth who escaped fron the fractured mirror

or the unpredictable : Hard luck woman

or that bar room brawler with the secret past that might bring the KISS universe to it's knees the Hooligan

or as Gene put it - She’s a Killer, Stone Cold Killer

or the lady with the Magic Touch

geez this could go all night

because there’s the master of disguise, yes you guessed it, and now ladies and gentleman I present to you - The Man with at thousand Faces

Mr Blackwell

Mr Make believe - why is it always Gene coming up with the best comic book hero theme titles?

Mr Speed - guh? a speedster?

Ozone

Parasite (Lady)

and my favorite : Torpedo Girl

now to get started on all these write ups...

Re: building KISS

KISS: Psycho Circus - ComicVine

http://www.comicvine.com/kiss/65-45153/

KISS: Psycho Circus - Image Comics Database Wikia

http://imagecomics.wikia.com/wiki/Kiss:_Psycho_Circus

MUSIC-DERIVED CHARACTER ADAPTATIONS - Surbrook's Stuff

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmusic/musicchar.html

Hmmm...

QM

Re: building KISS

...I own the 1978 movie KISS meets the Phantom of the park. On vhs

Read the comic series...at least 2 or three of them

If I was going to stat them out:

Gene (The DEMON): Brick to taste, he's the strong man but he also breaths fire, can fly (summons demon wings), and has an axe as a weapon (depending on how iron age you want them)

Paul (The Starchild): good at everything, swordsman, his star eye was uses for telepathic powers, probably an energy blast too. But I'd stick with mentalist

Peter/Eric SInger (Cat Man, or the Beast Man): Physical marvel, claws, senses. Somewhwere between Sabertooth and Timberwolf depending on your tastes

Ace/Tommy Thayer (Space Man, also the "Celestial"): Teleportation, Life support, Cosmic energy control, space travel, computer brain

Eric Carr (The Fox) similar to Cat man with more emphasis on stealth; one of the KISS series did a one shot of a ninja overcoming the Four and becoming the Fox; if anything that was a great tribute to Eric.

Another series that I believe was short lived, coming after "Psych Circus" went the "four color heroes" route, and had character based on KISS songs as well. I remember a female speedster (I think) named Christine XVI