Champions movie

Ragitsu

Re: Champions movie

You are over 50' date=' maybe 60, million dollars on salary already, and you haven't done the supporting cast and villain yet. In a franchise like this, I would say look for bargains: young folks who haven't made it yet, folks who are on a decline looking to come back, or folks who are talented but have been forgotten. Look at the casting on Watchmen. Though they made two bad decisions, they were generally in the ballpark, if not if not dead on (Rorschach and Comedian, anyone?). And they did it without breaking the bank. [/quote']

True, but I thought that this was a "fantasy" who would we like to see thread.

If we are being practical almost everyone who is cast should be unknown.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your "fantasy" cast replaces any ethnic characters with white people? That seems a bit odd to me regardless of whether the cast is practical or not.

YMMV. To me part of the fantasy is trying to make it as plausible as possible. I even tend to do my supers that way, except when it would interfere with the fun factor of the game.

Switching the races of characters is not immediately wrong. I just think that it should serve a purpose and not distract from the story. In the film version of Dardevil there really wasn't anyone I could think of that was better suited to play Kingpin. On the other hand, Jessica Alba was a very bad fit for Sue Storm. When you have to dye a woman's hair, make her wear blue contacts, and put lightening make-up on her to have her play the part, you have miscast the part. Same with Alicia in those movies. There is absolutely no reason why she had to be African-American. It didn't take anything away, but it didn't add anything either, so why do it.

I also want to clarify. I don't hate Natalie Portman, but I think she might be pricey. I also think of Witchcraft as a little sexier than I see Ms. Portman being. I actually think she might make a great Talisman, if she could be tricked into it. I have never seen her play evil.

Good plot-planning' date=' there! So... for movie #1, let's use Mechanon, probably voiced by Maurice LaMarche.[/quote']

That might work with a Mechanon version that has self-assembly powers and has gobs of little killer drones. I see some tasty CGI shots and some great set pieces.

So your "fantasy" cast replaces any ethnic characters with white people? That seems a bit odd to me regardless of whether the cast is practical or not.

Excuse me?

What are you talking about?

My cast had 2 blacks, one half black (born in Tanzania), one hispanic, one half asian, and one "part Chinese, part Spanish, part Filipino".

How is that "replacing any ethnic characters with white people"?

I mixed you up with redwulfe who had Kevin Zegers as Kinetik and Natalie Portman (who in my opinoin does not look at all Latino) as Saphire. Sorry for the mix up.

EDIT: In fact, i just figured out why I got you two confused. You responded, seemingly defensively, to lapsedgamer when he had responded to redwulfe. I assumed it was the person his comment was aimed at that responded to him, not some random third party. Sorry for not following the chain responses more carefully.

Originally Posted by Yansuf

...My cast had 2 blacks, one half black (born in Tanzania), one hispanic, one half asian, and one "part Chinese, part Spanish, part Filipino".

James Watt would approve :)

I'm sorry, but I do not get the reference.

Care to explain?

(BTW, I forgot my cast also has a "half amerindian".)

Oh my God, I am an old, old man. The reference was from 1983. Sorry about that. I should have suggested Witchcraft be some young hottie like Jane Wyman or Goldie Hawn.

James Watt was talking about his staff and said "..no one could argue with our selection...I have a black, a woman, two Jews and a cripple. And we have talent".

Oh my God, I am an old, old man. The reference was from 1983. Sorry about that. I should have suggested Witchcraft be some young hottie like Jane Wyman or Goldie Hawn.

James Watt was talking about his staff and said "..no one could argue with our selection...I have a black, a woman, two Jews and a cripple. And we have talent".

Actually, I had forgotten that. Thank you.

Was it really 1983? I thought it was shortly after his appointment to the cabinet , which would be 1981.

I mixed you up with redwulfe who had Kevin Zegers as Kinetik and Natalie Portman (who in my opinoin does not look at all Latino) as Saphire. Sorry for the mix up.

EDIT: In fact, i just figured out why I got you two confused. You responded, seemingly defensively, to lapsedgamer when he had responded to redwulfe. I assumed it was the person his comment was aimed at that responded to him, not some random third party. Sorry for not following the chain responses more carefully.

I should have put more of a page break in my post, as I was talking about two different things: Budget and ethnicity. Sorry about the confusion.