6th Ed Source Books?

phydaux

Re: 6th Ed Source Books?

Yes the current edition of Hero Designer supports both 5E and 6E. As far as what is compatable, most if not all 5E Champions books should be fairly compatable. While some powers have changed (like Entangle no longer being able to build walls, that aspect being replaced with a new Power, Barrier) you should still be able to use all the 5E character sheets with minimal adjustments.

6E has Champions and Champions Powers. A trilogy of Villain books is being worked on, one for Master Villains, one for Villain Teams, and one for Solo Villains. There's also a 6E Champions Universe and a new Hero System Equipment Guide, as well as Champions Beyond, which will deal with the entire galaxy and all the alien civilizations in the Champions Universe. All of these are scheduled to be released in 2010.

Here's a the link to the 2010 release schedule.

OK. I thought I was clear with the "as of this posting" bit, but I guess not.

Thanks for the release schedual link. That helps. So 6th Ed. Champions books, as of this posting, one. The powers book. Gotcha.

I'll be buying a few 5th Ed pdfs looks like, and ignoring 6th Ed for some time to come.

Thanks!

I told you which ones were out as of this posting, Champions and Champions Powers. I also added some extra information, but I did answered your question.

EDIT: You could also always go to the Hero Games website and simply look at everything that's available in the store. The search function is automatically set to 6E books and shows every single one that is currently available.

I told you which ones were out as of this posting, Champions and Champions Powers. I also added some extra information, but I did answered your question.

EDIT: You could also always go to the Hero Games website and simply look at everything that's available in the store. The search function is automatically set to 6E books and shows every single one that is currently available.

Yes, and according to that there are a few more 6E products available, notably Hero System Martial Arts and several significant products by other publishers: https://www.herogames.com/browse.htm

Note that that list includes The Ultimate Base, which technically was written for Fifth Edition; but aside from adjusting the Base DEF stat to give it both PD and ED, the rules in that book work virtually identically under Sixth.

Thank you both. I'll probably be sticking with 5th Ed for a while. I've got an old copy of FRED, several of the 5th Ed Champons source books, Hero Designer and a few of the character packs.

My thing was that the Hero Designer character packs don't contain character art or character discriptions in the character file.

I figure if I but the PDFs of the source books then I can screen capture the art and copy/paste the character discriptions into the character file. Then use the print-outs as detailed hand-outs when I run demo games at cons & various FLAGS (with things like "Copyright & Trademark Hero Games" & "All Rights Reserved" etc. all over it).

But that's a bunch of work, and involves buying digital copies of books I already own. I figured if Hero Designer was 6th Ed compatable, several 6th Ed Champs books were out and the character pacs were available I'd just start over from scratch with 6th.

But since there aren't many 6th Ed books, and 6th Ed seems like such a change from the classic Champions I remember from years ago, I figure I'm better off sticking with 5th. For the short term, at least.

Plusm there's no cool acronym for 6th Ed. SED? Not nearly as cool at FRED.