Character that keeps on going, even if in pieces...

Arlyansor

(5th Edition) What I'd like is a character that even when ripped or blasted into pieces will still keep on going, even the pieces of him will keep on going.

Hack of an arm, and it will crawl after the character and grab a leg...

Cut of his head and it will roll towards you and bite you on the ankle...

Even his entrails will try to wrap around your legs, trying to trip you up...

How would I model this?

I had a thought of making a lot of his powers Indirect and maybe AoE, but that doesn't really cut it.

Any thoughts?

Re: Character that keeps on going, even if in pieces...

One player of ours had bought extra Body with invisible effects. To the observer, he had ten Body.

He actually had around 100 (high powered game, obviously)

Now this just would show a single point. You could buy duplication, based on taking body. (or an attack that would do body to a normal, but you actually have the defenses, just invisible)

Duplication is really what you're after here. Might be a pain in the butt to write up, but it takes care of most of this. If you're really looking for every possible permutation, you'll need a VPP dedicated to Duplication...

Having a limb removed but still able to act, under the control of the player (if not the actual character) is similar in some ways to having Stretching with the 'Does not cross intervening space' advantage. Make it Persistent and Inherent, possibly megascale it so range isn't a factor, and throw in some Automaton powers, and... it's really late and I might not be making sense.

Does that make any sense?

Having a limb removed but still able to act, under the control of the player (if not the actual character) is similar in some ways to having Stretching with the 'Does not cross intervening space' advantage. Make it Persistent and Inherent, possibly megascale it so range isn't a factor, and throw in some Automaton powers, and... it's really late and I might not be making sense.

Does that make any sense?

Strangely enough, yes, yes it does.

Would I need to add the 'uncontrolled' modifier to represent the fact that the character can't initiate the 'stretching' himself?

Also, how would I model the fact the after he get's 'broken' into enough pieces, he gets 5 or 10 or 50 attacks in a round (admittedly, some aren't going to have much effect)?

If it was stretching, does not cross interveining space, it can't grab things. There's no explanation given for that (because Steve hates giving explanations) but it is there. Of course that just means you have to persuade the GM to see things your way, and then that pesky rule won't matter.

If it was stretching' date=' does not cross interveining space, it can't grab things. There's no explanation given for that (because Steve hates giving explanations) but it is there. Of course that just means you have to persuade the GM to see things your way, and then that pesky rule won't matter.[/quote']

Huh? aha1blue.gif You lost me, there.

Strangely enough, yes, yes it does.

Would I need to add the 'uncontrolled' modifier to represent the fact that the character can't initiate the 'stretching' himself?

Also, how would I model the fact the after he get's 'broken' into enough pieces, he gets 5 or 10 or 50 attacks in a round (admittedly, some aren't going to have much effect)?

If it's not under the character's control, I'd go with a trigger advantage.

If you want extra attacks for the "pieces", buy Autofire as a naked advantage linked to the Stretching.

Maybe simulate it with TK Area Of Effect as the animating force behind things like entrails roping opponents and so forth? I don't think you could feasibly get past 2 hand attacks + 1 bite in a phase on muscle power alone once the body comes apart...

I would buy it as triggered duplication with altered duplicate. Unless the character wants to maul himself, he can't activate the power. Each "limb" gets to act of its own accord. If the "limb" is completely destroyed (IE: vaporized) he can't get it back.

If on the other hand he can recombine, and re-grow his missing body parts, I would buy it as triggered summon with some custom limitations.

I would buy it as triggered duplication with altered duplicate. Unless the character wants to maul himself, he can't activate the power. Each "limb" gets to act of its own accord. If the "limb" is completely destroyed (IE: vaporized) he can't get it back.

If on the other hand he can recombine, and re-grow his missing body parts, I would buy it as triggered summon with some custom limitations.

Thank you Gideon!!

This was just the hint I was looking for - Triggered Summon to represent bits getting hacked off or ripped out, many possibilities for entertaining combats as bits of the villain wrap about the PC's...

Glorious!!

Thanks again for all the suggestions!