Does Knockdown sans Damage

FreeDice

Let's say I wanted to be able to knock people down in a Heroic game (down, not back), but without the need to do lots of damage. A "Presence Attack" trick or a some form of Air Magic.

I'm assuming I'd build it with Telekinesis, but I don't have HSMA yet, so I don't know if there are any throw at a distance rules I'm not thinking of.

Re: Does Knockdown sans Damage

I think it is important to the discussion that this ability should theroreticaly not cost more than 3 points (The cost of Martial Throw, that does this effect Plus cause damage based on movement and Str)

I think it is important to the discussion that this ability should theroreticaly not cost more than 3 points (The cost of Martial Throw' date=' that does this effect Plus cause damage based on movement and Str)[/quote']

From the OP I was assuming this is supposed to be at range. If not, you can do it for 0 points: Grab+Slam (or just manipulate them gently to the ground through the Grab if you don't want to add the Str damage from Slam). Done.

The Trip maneuver (non-martial) in 6e can toss a target to the ground. While I have some sympathy to the Martial Throw argument, you can't just buy the Throw as you are required to have a minimum 10 points of martial maneuvers, which renders the comparison a touch more complex. Also, I forget the OCV/DCV mod's for a Martial Throw - how significant are those?

I wonder if some levels with Trip might do the job (perhaps coupled with TK only to use Trip at range if range is desired).