Champions Auxiliary

Archane

Yo, new to the boards and well I know this is bad form with my under ten posts sigh, to go asking questions like some sort of leech, but I'm needing some help.

I was planning a campaign where the orginal Champions are suddenly taken out of the picture and so I would have my players playing the Auxiliary Champions as they try and figure out who took them and such and save them bit by bit. Problem is I bought the Champions book, but it only gives me who they are, not really much info on there powers, other then what they are bascially.

So if someone could help me by pointing out where. Dr. Silverback Simian Super Scientist, Nightwind martial artist and part time investigator, Blockhead a super strong crimefighter with a body of stone and a taste for fine cigars, Ultratech a gadgeteer, and Crusader a blaster wielding 'street soldier' who spends most of his time fighting gang crime.

You know which books there in, any forum posts you think would be helpful. I've been using the search option, but There seems to be almost nothing on most of them. Especially Blockhead.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Champions Auxiliary

I'm guessing you have the Champions 6th Edition book, where those characters are mentioned.

Like DusterBoy says, those are in the Millennium City sourcebook, with writeups in 5th Edition.

6E1 (Character Creation) p20-21 should help you use those with 6th edition with ease though.

A 6E version of Dr Silverback is on p178 of Champions Universe for 6E (as well as updated, more experienced versions of the Champions, plus some other Champions Universe heroes - The All-American, Black Mask X, a Silver Avenger of PRIMUS, and Victory) but the others have yet to detailed for 6E. Since pictures of Blockhead keep turning up I'd guess a writeup will turn up sooner or later. ;)

Crusader was a much-used 3rd/4th Edition Champions Universe example character and I'm a bit curious if this new Crusader will have any connection to the original concept...

Hope that's helpful. :)

Thanks guys, that does help me out.

So sad though that there isn't a write up for Blockhead yet. :( He looks so cool and well he fits what one of my players likes to play all the time anyway it seems. Just wish I knew more about his powers. He's a brick sure, that much is easy, high str, con, stun, body, with good damage negation powers, but I need some flavor to go with him. Obviously a depedence/addiction to cigars.

As to Blockhead, I'm going by the name to have distinctive looks: head that looks very blocky. And maybe a (undeserved or not) reputation as not very bright/dense. His powers could be density increase (with more strength on top of it) making him look blocky.

And do not worry about not contributing much yet. This is a friendly group. Just do so when you can.

As to Blockhead, I'm going by the name to have distinctive looks: head that looks very blocky. And maybe a (undeserved or not) reputation as not very bright/dense. His powers could be density increase (with more strength on top of it) making him look blocky.

And do not worry about not contributing much yet. This is a friendly group. Just do so when you can.

is he an homage to marvels hammerhead

Yo, new to the boards and well I know this is bad form with my under ten posts sigh, to go asking questions like some sort of leech, but I'm needing some help.

I was planning a campaign where the orginal Champions are suddenly taken out of the picture and so I would have my players playing the Auxiliary Champions as they try and figure out who took them and such and save them bit by bit. Problem is I bought the Champions book, but it only gives me who they are, not really much info on there powers, other then what they are bascially.

So if someone could help me by pointing out where. Dr. Silverback Simian Super Scientist, Nightwind martial artist and part time investigator, Blockhead a super strong crimefighter with a body of stone and a taste for fine cigars, Ultratech a gadgeteer, and Crusader a blaster wielding 'street soldier' who spends most of his time fighting gang crime.

You know which books there in, any forum posts you think would be helpful. I've been using the search option, but There seems to be almost nothing on most of them. Especially Blockhead.

Thanks in advance.

We love new questions because that means new players. Ask away, as long as you don't mind getting many, many, many answers. A cavalcade of assistance. :)

The Question Man, also known as TQM, is our Index master and will likely be along soon with links to relevant threads for your question. Lord Liaden is probably the most knowledgeable about the Champions Universe shy of Steve Long himself. Ghost Angel does timely and topnotch reviews of HERO books, so you know exactly what you're getting for your dear coin.

Resist any temptation to go to the Non-Gaming Discussion forum. A wretched hive of scum and villainy without a doubt. ;)

I have just one request for whomever came up with the character of Blockhead. Please don't make his real name be Charlie Brown. It's just too obvious. (Thank you for the chance to make my bad joke for the week.)

How about Charles Browning?

Of course, there's that Hunted by Lucy Van Pelt....