• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

You do realize that alternative universes may be entirely different, right? Maybe in another universe during ancient history the Roman Empire never fell and The United States were colonized by the Italians or the UK (instead of Germany) had a brief stint of Nazism. Perhaps Africa became the United States of Africa while North America was broken up into pieces and exploited for resources, experiencing apartheid, et cetera, et cetera. There's nothing inherently exploratory in Americans by default...and based on the fact that less than a third have passports, I'm not sure where you got that idea.

16 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

You do realize that alternative universes may be entirely different, right? Maybe in another universe during ancient history the Roman Empire never fell and The United States were colonized by the Italians or the UK (instead of Germany) had a brief stint of Nazism. Perhaps Africa became the United States of Africa while North America was broken up into pieces and exploited for resources, experiencing apartheid, et cetera, et cetera. There's nothing inherently exploratory in Americans by default...and based on the fact that less than a third have passports, I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Going along with this concept,  I have played with the idea that some native tribe from the Americas were able to develop a real power during the colonial era.  As a result,  today the U.S.A. is divided into the eastern portion that is European and the western portion that is the native country.  Both have a kind of cold war that actually works into both of their benefit. 

spacer.png

--- --- ---

14 hours ago, Asperion said:

Going along with this concept,  I have played with the idea that some native tribe from the Americas were able to develop a real power during the colonial era.  As a result,  today the U.S.A. is divided into the eastern portion that is European and the western portion that is the native country.  Both have a kind of cold war that actually works into both of their benefit. 

That reminds me of "Cherokee" from GURPS.

One need only look at the ruleset (rules inform difficulty and difficulty influences the final experience), the graphics, the voice acting (specifically, the style), the writing (in particular, this developer's brand of humor) and the zeitgeist (i.e., going with the flow instead of trying to craft the game so that it evokes the atmosphere of another age) to realize that their attempt is clearly not faithful to the series. Plus - and I'll keep harping on about this - they couldn't even swing a day/night cycle.

Day Jobs 17: Ex-Con

Everyone is on their own journey, and some have that path interrupted by time in prison. This week we are looking at heroes that have spent time in jail.

#Metahumans #Superheroes #TTRPG #TTRPGSolidarity #TTRPGRising #DayJobs #ExCon