combat skill levels and bonuses to DCV

yukonhorror

Re: combat skill levels and bonuses to DCV

You know' date=' I had to look it up just now. It turns out that with one 3-point CSL with axes, you can get +1 DCV vs. all HTH attacks! (6E1 p. 69, final paragraph)[/quote']

Harg! Avast ye coupon combat skill levels! Prepare to be boarded!

That sounds about right' date=' given the cost of DCV. Which is a pleasant surprise.[/quote']

It seems a bit steep to me.

+1 DCV (5 Active Points).

OAF -1

Only vs Melee (limiting 50%) -1

1.67 RP = 2 RP.

Did I miss something? Even if I calculated the limited power wrong, it is still the same value if done at -1/2

You know' date=' I had to look it up just now. It turns out that with one 3-point CSL with axes, you can get +1 DCV vs. all HTH attacks! (6E1 p. 69, final paragraph)[/quote']

Yeah. I allow CSLs with ranged weapons (e.g. a bow) to be applied to ranged DCV as well. For weapons that can be used either in HTH or at range (e.g. knives which can be wielded or thrown), I require that the player choose either HTH or Ranged, and if they make an attack with the weapon that Phase, the choice must match the type of attack made with the weapon (so you can't apply your CSLs with knives to HTH DCV this Phase if you are throwing your knife).

So how about 12 point Overall Skill Levels being used as Combat Skill Levels?

Can they be assigned to general DCV or does Ranged or HTH have to be picked as well?

General DCV. With a 12-point Skill Level, you've payed so damn much for it that it had better come with a cup holder and a set of stake knives, too (EDIT: same with 10-point CSLs).

It seems a bit steep to me.

+1 DCV (5 Active Points).

OAF -1

Only vs Melee (limiting 50%) -1

1.67 RP = 2 RP.

Did I miss something? Even if I calculated the limited power wrong, it is still the same value if done at -1/2

Remember, the CSL can be used with OCV as well.