An Open Letter to the Boards About Surbrook's Stuff

Susano

As some of you may have noticed, Surbrook's Stuff hasn't been updated since May. Well, that's going to change. There was an attempt to migrate it over to a content management system (specifically WordPress) but that proved impractical. The site is just too big. So I pulled the plug on that idea and am going to go back to good old HTML 4.0 and XHTML, programmed by hand via BBEdit 9.x.

So, what does this mean for you, the Hero System fan? Mainly that I'm back in business! What I have done is remove a lot of vanity material (art and photo galleries, mainly) and intend to concentrate on Hero System resources. The art will eventually find its way to my Deviant Art account. Photos may eventually appear on some sort of Flicker page. Other things, like the MSTings I did, some fiction pieces, and the Feng Shui material I had, may be archived, or may appear elsewhere, as part of a character introduction.

So, slowly, over the next few weeks, I hope to catch up on the backlog of material. Then, I'll start posting more Hero goodness. And.... you can help! Although the site is "Surbrook's Stuff" it's not an exclusive club. I'm willing to host anything Hero related, be it articles, creatures, characters, and so on. It an be for 6Em 5E, and even earlier, although I'd prefer material compatible to the current rules.

So, what do you say? Want to join in the fun?

(PS: material created via Hero Designer goes up faster!)

Re: An Open Letter to the Boards About Surbrook's Stuff

Of course!

Just about everything on the Terracide World Book page has been updated, so I'd kinda like to make the current stuff available. There's also a lot of new material.

Well, not anything that's meant for publication. I'd rather not give away stuff for free like that.

Feel quite free to repost my essay on creating Hero Characters. I think that it complements your essay on writing up characters from fiction etc.

How to create Hero system characters.

Do you have that in a document form? Word, Pages, rtf, txt?

Haven't seen it yet....

I sent it to susano @ guisarme.net (with the spaces around the "@" removed). It hasn't bounced yet. perhaps it's in your spam filter. I sent it under my Real Name @me.com.

If worse comes to worst I'll post it on my public file space and send you a board mail with the Link to the file.

Now, I can't promise that things will start to appear instantly. I'm working on multiple freelance projects and want to concentrate on the worldbook for the campaign I'm running. But don't fear, by the end of the year there should be a lot of stuff up.

BTW the 4e Beholder Eye Tyrant's page has the wrong sub headline. The headline says Beholder Eye of Flame. The rest of the text seems to be for the Beholder Eye Tyrant.

The pages look nice. Thanks for posting my article :D

Tasha

BTW the 4e Beholder Eye Tyrant's page has the wrong sub headline. The headline says Beholder Eye of Flame. The rest of the text seems to be for the Beholder Eye Tyrant.

The pages look nice. Thanks for posting my article :D

Tasha

Send me an email so I can make the correction. I'll admit, sometimes I simply copy a pre-made file and edit that to save time.

And you're welcome. Now if only more people would submit material....

I did make some edits' date=' I hope you don't mind.[/quote']

I don't mind. I kind of expected it :D I can be unnecessarily wordy and my sentence structure can be strange. It looks pretty good and gets to the point. NP :D

I don't mind. I kind of expected it :D I can be unnecessarily wordy and my sentence structure can be strange. It looks pretty good and gets to the point. NP :D

I regularly spell check things that I post to the site. And with yours, once I started the HTML formatting, I tried for consistency in presentation.