Giant Monster!

The Overseer

Hi guys and gals, I could do with a little advice please.

My premise is that owing to nuclear (and possibly genetic) experiments an aquatic lifeform has mutated gaining amphibian abilities (air breathing) and has grown much larger in size.

I wish this creature to gain size levels when eating or absorbing radiation, my intent is that he will make a bee-line for a nearby nuclear reactor drawn by the potential 'feast' within and trample all over the city.

OK, so it's pretty much Godzilla, but what the hell, the campaign is set in the 1950's anyway, lol!

So.. how do I make "Cod-zilla" grow to epic proportions..? I am unsure how I can link absorption (Radiation) and growth. Obviously he will start pretty big to begin with but I need him to be a real challenge for a team of six or seven 400pt characters.

Also, can anyone advise me on how to build a sort of radioactive aura. I was thinking of using a low level blast with aoe, no range, constant with NND (radiation shielding), but I am sure there must be better way of doing it...

Needless to say the gun-ho army general will be trying to nuke the bugger before he gets to the city (evil laugh)

Re: Giant Monster!

Hi guys and gals, I could do with a little advice please.

So.. how do I make "Cod-zilla" grow to epic proportions..? I am unsure how I can link absorption (Radiation) and growth.

The most obvious answer is: make it up. Your players (it sounds like you're the GM) won't be looking at the character sheet.

If you were writing for publication, you would need a valid build, but you're not, so you don't.

If you really insist, read through the section on adjustment powers.

Also, can anyone advise me on how to build a sort of radioactive aura. I was thinking of using a low level blast with aoe, no range, constant with NND (radiation shielding), but I am sure there must be better way of doing it...

Look up "Damage Shield" in the rulebook.

Well, I do prefer to work from a valid build to keep me 'in check'. If I am to make it up I am unsure of what amount of 'damage' would cause the creature to gain a new size level, hence I was hoping someone had already done something like this before.

And thank you, Damage Shield sounds perfect =D

Well, the absorption to radiation attacks works, if you consider a radiation attack as an RKA NND that does body and assuming it has immunity to radiation. The points gained from the Absorption will add to Growth.

The SFx are appropriate to allow Absorption to work Vs the NND attack.

• 2 weeks later...

Well' date=' the absorption to radiation attacks works, if you consider a radiation attack as an RKA NND that does body and assuming it has immunity to radiation. The points gained from the Absorption will add to Growth.[/quote']

Now there's an interesting question, Can you build a character with both Size Template and Growth or Shrinking on top of that? Thus they are stuck a certain size but can grow/shrink further. Seems like a

way to build a Galactus type.

Now there's an interesting question, Can you build a character with both Size Template and Growth or Shrinking on top of that? Thus they are stuck a certain size but can grow/shrink further. Seems like a

way to build a Galactus type.

The size templates already had the effects of Growth/Shrinking figured in. The Growth power is reversible: you can grow or shrink depending on circumstances and then return to a normal base size to live a normal life during your downtime. Buying Growth as Always On was eliminated in Sixth Edition, but it seems possible to buy a Growth power that lets you go from Gigantic to Colossal -- but temporarily, not permanently. This is one way to simulate the lack of size consistency in genre, though, where the monster is always just big enough too do what the script says it should do and might be a different size in another scene.