Hearing Prayers

Naanomi

Re: Hearing Prayers

I think it is all about those being initiated into a religion establishing a mind link with their deity. Each time they celebrate in a holy place they have the opportunity to re-establish that link....

Doc

I agree it's a great approach, and one I've used. Specifically, I used a Sticky Mind Link so that anyone who was part of the circle of worshippers could initiate anyone else into the circle as well.

Here's another one I used:

54 Hear Prayers: Detect A Class Of Things: Prayers, Oaths, any use of any Name by which the God is known 18- (Hearing Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Perceive into a related group of dimensions, Targeting, Telescopic: +5, Tracking, Transmit (Can choose to acknowledge a prayer and answer directly)

This also lets a Deity know if someone's taking a Name in vain, or allows someone who is not (yet) initiated into their cult to call on them. Possibly still needs the addition of "Rapid" (if One has 10 people praying at once, One may wish to be able to disentangle the situation, needs, and exact requests of each)

Possibly I should take out the link the Hearing Sense Group. I meant to imply that the Deity "hears" the prayers, but not to imply that they must be spoken aloud to be heard. It probably helps, though.

Also best paired with

24 All the tongues of man: Universal Translator 18-

15 or beast: Beast Speech

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary invokes Janus

The character is a sort of 'rogue angel' for a magic-heavy Superhero game... tired of the prayers of mortals going unanswered for so long, a spirit has gone 'off the grid' and started answering earnest prayers of the good of heart (especially children) itself. The urban legend being spread about the variety of names the spirit can answer to in prayer are being spread across the poorer parts of the globe.

If it were a big plotly God type, I would agree with the 'power in the prayer' part; but as this is a more personal power I thought I should stat it out more.

Features:

Global (or more, space travel and all that...)

Transdimensional (used from the 'spirit world' before manifesting in the physical world)

Not Language Dependent (the intent of the prayer is the important part)

The character is a sort of 'rogue angel' for a magic-heavy Superhero game... tired of the prayers of mortals going unanswered for so long' date=' a spirit has gone 'off the grid' and started answering earnest prayers of the good of heart (especially children) itself. [/quote']

Hmm. My suggestion does not work here as the angel is not necessarily the agenrt being prayed to in the main part (at least not until people find that "prayers-R-Us answers when others do not").

There is a matter of being able to identify prayers from worshippers - Mind Link. There is a matter of being able to identify worshippers of your own religion praying to the Big Man - possibly some kind of Mind Link - eavesdropping, or a telepathy with the Big Man. Then there is the matter of being able to identify prayers from the deserving.

In the last I think that I would be looking at a global detect and analyse - detecting the act of prayers and analysing that they are from a deserving person....more expensive but much more broadly useful.

Doc