Quantum from Dragon Magazine #111, 1986 by George MacDonald

Mathew

Re: Quantum from Dragon Magazine #111, 1986 by George MacDonald

Heh, stuff from back when Dragon was a cool magazine to pick up before it became the one trick poney. Kinda miss those days. Thanks for the PDF's.....have's some rep.

~Rex

I have a couple of White wolf magazines that were like that before it became its own rpg. I still have a D&D adventure that could beused for a few other fantasy games.

I just want a good gaming Magazine back. Been going through the old Dragon pile. Feeling nostalgic.

~Rex....if a bunch of companies would just friggin cooperate, it could be a done deal.

I just want a good gaming Magazine back. Been going through the old Dragon pile. Feeling nostalgic.

~Rex....if a bunch of companies would just friggin cooperate, it could be a done deal.

The problem is that Wizards wants total control of everything related to D&D.

That's why they cancelled Code Monkey Publishing's license for eTools in favor of their own online character creator, just like Paizo lost Dragon and Dungeon.

The problem is that Wizards wants total control of everything related to D&D.

That's why they cancelled Code Monkey Publishing's license for eTools in favor of their own online character creator, just like Paizo lost Dragon and Dungeon.

I wouldn't shed a tear if WOTC weren't included in a "Rest of the Industry" Magazine..... Not one bit. They can continue their Throw the Fanbase out with the Bathwater Business Model all they want...... They just don't get any of my money anymore. Someone else will.

~Rex

Yeah I'd like a site Tabletop Gaming News

with more depth in say stuff for Superheroes and other genres

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/page/3/

Sites like that are cool but they don't have that "NEAT!" factor Dragon did back in the day when it rolled out onto the shelf and you could leaf through a copy and see all the cool varied game stuff (Then go get Marc Singer to sign your copy of the Dragon Magazine with the Beastmaster class in it.....). Tangible is a cool thing.

~Rex

I wonder how marketable a print gaming magazine would be if the publisher makes the PDF of each issue available for free download' date=' a few issues after publication? (Kinda like the concept of giving free samples to draw in new customers.) After all, it's not like they'd be selling the print version of issue #8 after issue #11 hits the stands. I'd think a one-issue delay would be too soon (many gamers would wait one month to get the free PDF), but a 2 or 3 issue delay might work. Just an idea.[/quote']

I think many would be like me - never pay for it, just get the free PDF. So what if it is 3 months later, it's not like anything in it is time sensitive. I would not see it as a January issue that is available in April, but as the April issue that was incorrectly marked or way behind schedule.