Its not really a base, but...

UberGeek88

I'm building a robotic super-hero PC that will not be near its designer, is watched by PRIMUS for being a suspected terrorist, and cannot sustain a civilian ID. I'm also the GM of the group and am building the initial characters for the hero system (and superhero-gaming) novices.

The nature of the super-team of the game is something more akin to the Defenders (street-level) rather than Avengers or Justice League, so a group base is far from something they'll get early in the campaign.

However, the character (Zero Man) would still need a place to re-charge and hide from PRIMUS if the need comes.

Would it be reasonable to give him a discount on buying his tiny underground safe-house as it is the two human characters in the game do not have to pay for their apartments (or homes) either?

Re: Its not really a base, but...

Oh, I most definitely mis-spoke when I implied that Defenders are street-level. I meant it more as the not-really-a-team nature of the Defenders applied to a street-level team.

Its a group of four 275 point heroes in a campaign only slightly modified (flavor-text) from Champions Universe standard.

Unless, it is particularly difficult to find him there, or it has special abilities, it is a freebie as far as points go, for me. If on the other hand the character buys the Poverty Complications (negative Perk, what have you), than he doesn't even have that, and should points into something.

Unless' date=' it is particularly difficult to find him there, or it has special abilities, it is a freebie as far as points go, for me.[/quote']

I agree.

As long as your "Fortress of Solitude" doesn't give you anything, it's just there. Maybe he could even hide in the sewers, abandoned warehouse/old building site and illegally draw electricty with from the street lights.

Perhaps he has some money and can use a typical "never seen, get's everything delivered and pays in bar" Trick to avoid showing up on radar. And a trenchcoat with hat and poor lights allow you small interaction capabilities, when your hideout requires some.

If it's just a place to hide out and recharge, I wouldn't make him pay for it either.

As is, he can probably buy it in 1 pt if he needs to.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary bets that even if Lucius thinks it's not necessary, he'll write it up anyway.

Like this:

Find Hideout: Summon 15-point Base, Slavishly Devoted (+1) (6 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, Only to Activate, Spent searching and/or setting up power connections, etc; -1 1/4), Limited Power Only good for 24 hrs - then must move on before electric or phone company traces the tap (-1), Arrives Under Own Power (That is, character must go to where a likely hideout is; hideouts can't come to the character; -1/2), Requires A Roll (Skill roll: Electronics; -1/2) Real Cost 1

(Of course, this assumes the character has Electronics)

The "base" itself would have

Concealment 12- Real Cost: 9

Disguise 9- Real Cost: 3

Computer Link Real Cost: 3

(Telephone & Internet connection)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary won that bet

Thank you everyone for the clarification. This is my first time running Hero System (at least on a campaign level) and the very first time that Bases have come up as a player (I'm mostly playing an Urban Fantasy + Dark Champions game).