Generator Rex and cast

phoenix240

Re: Generator Rex and cast

Six is a Martial Artist with a pair of swords and cool shades.

Bobo is a talking monkey with a pair of guns and a snarky attitude.

It's Rex and Van Kliese that are going to take some work, particularly shoehorning Rex's abilities into a playable character (even before he got his omega-nanite).

My general thought for Rex would use Multiform for each machine build, since he has to switch between them and I think they'd be too complicated to each cram into one Multipower slot.

IIRC (I've missed a few episodes ... c'mon, vol 2 on DVD!), so far he has:

Smack Hands

Boogie Pack

Punk Busters

BFS

Rex Ride

Slam Cannon

Electric Whip

Double-Maces/Flails

Double-Axes

plus having no builds active, which lets him use his nanites to manipulate machines and cure other EVOS. (He has once cured an EVO while having a build active, but I'm considering that an aberration until he does it again.)

Some of these have multiple functions (for example, the Boogie Pack not only flies, but he can fire the turbines like bolos, smash people with the assembly, or blow them away with the thrust ... and it works underwater), which would make them clumsy to try to cram into a single Multipower slot (IMHO).

I think a limited VPP might also be workable.

53 Powers of the Omega Nanite: Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 27 base + 60 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (Only for various uses of a specific form (Custom Advantage); +1/4), Powers Can Be Changed As A Half-Phase Action (Only to change forms; +1/2) (79 Active Points); all slots Lockout (Can only activate 1 ability at a time; -1/2), Perceivable (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

[Notes: Each ability has an active point limit of 60 points and needs to have an additional (-1/4) Limitation (beyond the common ones) to reach the real point limit of 27 points.]

0 1) Boogie Pack: Flight 60m (60 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4) Real Cost: 27

0 2) Heal Evos: Major Transform 6d6 (Heal Evo back to Human) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) Real Cost: 27

Using this template additional uses of each form would not cost any more points. You could introduce a Requires a Skill Roll to use each form but I think that would overcomplicate the game time fun of using the character. A skill to manipulate the VPP is already going to be necessary and maybe even a custom 'weapon familiarity' for new 'forms'.

The pool would need to be a lot bigger because he can run multiple powers based off the same build at once. Your example doesn't let him smash people with the wings of the Boogie Pack (HA), blow them away with a turbine gust (Double Knockback EB), or use the bolos (Entangle).

I also question that he'd need a skill roll, since he never has trouble activating a build once he's figured it out (unless there's a plot device at work).

The pool would need to be a lot bigger because he can run multiple powers based off the same build at once. Your example doesn't let him smash people with the wings of the Boogie Pack (HA)' date=' blow them away with a turbine gust (Double Knockback EB), or use the bolos (Entangle).[/quote']

Huh?

Has he actually smashed someone or blown them away with a turbine gust with the Boogie Pack while using it for something else at the same time?

From what I've seen of the character (and I have seen every episode) he can only do one specific effect at a time with each 'build'.

I just didn't stat out all the possible 'builds' or effects of each build. I just gave one example.

Remember, the VPP is essentially a Multipower with a virtually limitless number of slots.

The pool would need to be a lot bigger because he can run multiple powers based off the same build at once. Your example doesn't let him smash people with the wings of the Boogie Pack (HA), blow them away with a turbine gust (Double Knockback EB), or use the bolos (Entangle).

Maybe some of the alternate uses for his machines would be considered power stunts (blowing targets away with the fans) and special effects (ramming people could be a flying Move Through/Move By for instance)?

Maybe some of the alternate uses for his machines would be considered power stunts (blowing targets away with the fans) and special effects (ramming people could be a flying Move Through/Move By for instance)?

I agree. I think some of these things were a one-shot deal. Of course if the player wants to do it all the time...then points to be paid.

Heal Evos: Major Transform 6d6 (Heal Evo back to Human) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase' date=' -1/4) [/quote']

This might need an Activation Roll with an additional Limitation to the effect that if the roll fails, that particular Evo can never be affected, unless the uncurable Evos simply have lots of Power Defense, Only Works Against Rex's Cures (-2).

I don't think they've ever said what percentage of Evos are uncurable, have they?

This might need an Activation Roll with an additional Limitation to the effect that if the roll fails, that particular Evo can never be affected, unless the uncurable Evos simply have lots of Power Defense, Only Works Against Rex's Cures (-2).

I don't think they've ever said what percentage of Evos are uncurable, have they?

Good point. It seems to be at least partially time related. I recall Rex only had a limited time to heal Noah before his transformation became permanent?

Good point. It seems to be at least partially time related. I recall Rex only had a limited time to heal Noah before his transformation became permanent?

I don't remember for certain. According to wikipedia, it's only EVOS created by Van Kleiss after his reboot and upgrade.

"Dr. Holiday did research on a sample she took from the earlier E.V.O and reveals that the E.V.O.s created by Van Kleiss may become permanent, if not cured within a certain amount of time (she assumes, at this point, that the time period is different for each E.V.O.)."

Yeesh, complicated. Maybe Van Kliesse's EVOs have a Complication of some kind or Rex's ability is the heal back condition for his Transform?

But then why would it wear off...

The impression I got is that some EVOs are naturally immune to being cured from the start, like One or Holiday's sister, while Van Kleiss' EVOs can become immune if they go long enough without being cured.

Kind of like how King Cobra's Transform becomes almost impossible to reverse if he subjects the victims to special radiation treatments (CV1).

The impression I got is that some EVOs are naturally immune to being cured from the start, like One or Holiday's sister, while Van Kleiss' EVOs can become immune if they go long enough without being cured.

Kind of like how King Cobra's Transform becomes almost impossible to reverse if he subjects the victims to special radiation treatments (CV1).

Hm, was there a mechanic attached to this effect or was it a plot device?

Hm' date=' was there a mechanic attached to this effect or was it a plot device?[/quote']

It was just described as part of the reversal condition for the Transform.

Heals normally over time, or extensive gene therapy known only to King Cobra if the radiation is applied.

It was just described as part of the reversal condition for the Transform.

Heals normally over time, or extensive gene therapy known only to King Cobra if the radiation is applied.

Thanks again!

So the power to create Evos might look something like

(lots)d6 Major Transformation (Original Species to Evo) Heals back when "cured" by Rex within random amount of time or some other technique Holiday hasn't worked out yet.)

"Normal" Evos might either have allot of Power Defense or lack a Physical Disad that renders them vulnerable to being cured?