Flash Mob

phoenix240

Flash Mob, as the name might suggest, has the power to create dozens, perhaps even hundreds of duplicates of herself instantly (and banish them just as quickly). These duplicates are real for all intents and purposes while they exist and are capable of independent action but act with a good deal of groupthink and tend to focus on the same goal so they're great at coordination but no good when it comes to performing complicated multiple actions at once. Overall, her powerset would be similar to the anime character Naruto or Billy Numerous from the Teen Titahs Go! cartoon.

Clearly, she'd have some level of Duplication. But running dozens of Duplicates would be a massive chore and slow the game to a crawl every time she acted. So what would be some good Powers to represent creative use of a swarm of duplicates?

Area of Effect, Autofire or CSLs to represent "swarming"?

A form of Teleportation where she creates a string of duplicates from point A to point B and "collapses" them in reverse order?

A Forcewall/Barrier with Feedback?

Re: Flash Mob

I'd probably go with Area Effect Selective for the en-masse beatdown.

I like the Teleport power.

That one's fun too. :) some others I came up with real quick ...

"Okay, gang, let's split up and look for clues.": Telescopic N-Ray Vision blocked by inaccessible locations (say, a windowless warehouse with a locked door, or inside a locked safe).

"100 man-hours, 100 of me ...": Skill levels only to reduce the penalties for rushing.

"Take one for the team.": Missile Deflection. A little morbid, but potentially hilarious. :)

You can basically make any attack, with "Duplication" Special effect. 6E1 200 has some more ideas.

Note that real Duplication (the hero-power), has a lot of drawbacks, inlcuding the averaging of Damage and that every Duplicate that dies, is perma-death (unless it has some way to come back like regeneration).

Sometimes Summon is better for that (Narutos Clones are such a chase).

Another Idea:

Growth/Multiform - Multiple the duplicates grab each other by the hands/legs/hips and move like one big being, coordianting effectively.

Maybe Area of Effect, Centered aroudn you or Range: Create a Duplicate, grab each other by the hand and then rotate in Place so the duplicate becomes a weapon.

I'd probably go with Area Effect Selective for the en-masse beatdown.

I like the Teleport power.

That one's fun too. :) some others I came up with real quick ...

"Okay, gang, let's split up and look for clues.": Telescopic N-Ray Vision blocked by inaccessible locations (say, a windowless warehouse with a locked door, or inside a locked safe).

"100 man-hours, 100 of me ...": Skill levels only to reduce the penalties for rushing.

"Take one for the team.": Missile Deflection. A little morbid, but potentially hilarious. :)

Love the Enhanced sense. I woudn't have thought of that! The skill levels are great too

How does he get's trhough a glass window without shattering using duplication? Sound rather like a Limited Range Blast for me.

Or just Stretching with no Limitation (or a slightly different one). She can do more with her duplicates than hit people at range and there are some things she can't do with them that Blast would mechanically let her do.

Or just Stretching with no Limitation (or a slightly different one). She can do more with her duplicates than hit people at range and there are some things she can't do with them that Blast would mechanically let her do.

Right. Was mostly wondering about the "does not passes trhough intervening space.

The advantage doesn't let you do that' date=' so the question is moot.[/quote']

I thought "Does not cross intervening space" allowed things like that and was for simulating Stretching sfx like opening two small wormholes and reaching/attacking through them. Am I thinking of something else?

I thought "Does not cross intervening space" allowed things like that and was for simulating Stretching sfx like opening two small wormholes and reaching/attacking through them. Am I thinking of something else?

It does that, but it doesn't let you stretch through barriers. It just makes it so that you don't have an attackable appendage between your location and the location you stretch to.

In 5e, at least. Not sure if 6e changed that.

It does that, but it doesn't let you stretch through barriers. It just makes it so that you don't have an attackable appendage between your location and the location you stretch to.

In 5e, at least. Not sure if 6e changed that.

Oh, okay I gotcha I think.

You'd need Indirect to bypass barriers, right?

In 5e' date=' at least. Not sure if 6e changed that.[/quote']

Yep, it is still that way. I guess you mean he streches by creating disposeable duplicates, that grab each other at the hands?

Of course that raises a lot of questions - what for example happens if someone grabs his attack? What are the clones making up the chain still applicable for knockback?

Yep, it is still that way. I guess you mean he streches by creating disposeable duplicates, that grab each other at the hands?

Of course that raises a lot of questions - what for example happens if someone grabs his attack? What are the clones making up the chain still applicable for knockback?

Physical Effect might add something to this

The first time I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about what would happen if Flash forgot to pack his costume in his ring.

We had a Speedster character in one of our games with Side Effect limitation on several of her Powers (Extra Runnng, Speed, etc) that shredded her costume (which was the focus for some of her abilities). It varied if she was still "comics code approved" after doing that or not. :)