Trek HERO Netbook?

CrosshairCollie

Some time ago, I came across a rather large PDF of racial templates, ships, technology, and so forth for 5e for Star Trek. Unfortunately, I can't find it now ... I suspect, if I ever saved it, it went out a couple of computer failures ago. Does anybody know whatever became of this? IIRC, it was called the Trek HERO Netbook.

Re: Trek HERO Netbook?

Some time ago' date=' I came across a rather large PDF of racial templates, ships, technology, and so forth for 5e for Star Trek. Unfortunately, I can't find it now ... I suspect, if I ever saved it, it went out a couple of computer failures ago. Does anybody know whatever became of this? IIRC, it was called the Trek HERO Netbook.[/quote']

I believe what you are looking for is either FASA Trek OR TNG Hero, both of which can be found here currently:

http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20070228120224/www.starherofandom.com/h_trekhero/index.php

BTW, be careful to only go to the archived version of Starherofandom.Com since the actual site appears to have been compromised by some form of virus.

-Carl-

• 4 weeks later...

ADB says they're producing a Prime Directive Hero. It's somewhere on the production list under "Whenever the author gives us the manuscript " along with several other systems.

This is both good and bad, in my opinion. It gets the background spread out to wide variety systems, (therefore audiences), but it does slow down production of supplements for the background.

ADB says they're producing a Prime Directive Hero. It's somewhere on the production list under "Whenever the author gives us the manuscript " along with several other systems.

This is both good and bad, in my opinion. It gets the background spread out to wide variety systems, (therefore audiences), but it does slow down production of supplements for the background.

Yeah, but arguably ADB Trek is only sort of kind of Star Trek. They are kind of their own universe with some of the same names as appeared in TOS and TAS. Plus a bunch of stuff they added to fill out shiplists etc.

If you want to do something in the TNG universe you need something that covers that period.

Of course that totally ignores the Enterprise Prequel period (though it may be safer to just ignore that show all together).

It's quite exciting news. ADB's Omega Sector is the most interesting science fiction roleplaying setting I've seen in a long time --perhaps ever.

Heh... It's also one of the most frustrating according to the guy who had to edit it (Ken Burnside)

Yeah, but arguably ADB Trek is only sort of kind of Star Trek. They are kind of their own universe with some of the same names as appeared in TOS and TAS. Plus a bunch of stuff they added to fill out shiplists etc.

If you want to do something in the TNG universe you need something that covers that period.

Of course that totally ignores the Enterprise Prequel period (though it may be safer to just ignore that show all together).

To be fair, the SFU was well established before The Next Generation even came out. It completely ignores the movies as well and went it's own way.

I rather like how they did it. It's even more amusing when the fiction peripherally refer to the exploits of everyone's favorite Heavy Cruiser.