Community Build Project - Doctor Thunder! (5th Ed Friendly Please!)

clsage

So I was in one of the local "big box stores" earlier today and just happened to catch a glimpse of a house brand soda named:

Doctor Thunder

And as the gaming fan I am my immediate thought was "wow...I should build that for Champions (or at least in the Hero System)"...And I do have an idea or two. But then I had a better idea:

Post just the name here and see what the assembled Hero-philes come up with as far as some specs to share (ie: a community build). So.....Yeah. My basic limits are: that any part of the build needs to be 5th Ed® friendly since that is the edition I personally use and I'd like to be able to fully understand any of the posts. And that the final build be within a reasonable point level cost (ie: anywhere from 250 to 500 pts please).

I am posting this in this forum simply due to the variety of potential builds....Thanks!

And.....GO!

-Carl-

Re: Community Build Project - Doctor Thunder! (5th Ed Friendly Please!)

The name immediately made me think of combining Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel (Shazam!).

Probably boils down to a wizard with a big honking magic VPP and some flying/speedster/brick stuff thrown in for good measure.

Zatanna might be a good starting point for the Dr. Strange side of the equation.

Re: Community Build Project - Doctor Thunder! (5th Ed Friendly Please!)

Doctor Thunder could also be a scientist that researched somethign in the area of Storms/Lightning/Sonic and got "Doctor Thunder" as a nickname. Now that actually has some sonic/electricity power he choose to keep it.

In a "I once was called Harvey Two Face, now I am only Two Face".

In D&D 3.x there was a magical hammer with sonic sfx damage (and potential Hearing Flash on a critical hit). Perhaps he now has a similar hammer (build or aquired; perhaps it even looks like thors), and since it is sonic and a hammer he now runs around as Thor-clone?