Weapon Multipowers and CSLs

Gent

Re: Weapon Multipowers and CSLs

Hmm... this is an interesting edge case. I could see a reasonable GM ruling either way. Since the 3-point CSLs with any of x-weapon seem to be intended for ordinary weapon use, I would probably only allow using them with this multi-power if the multipower reserve itself had charges to represent the fact that you can only carry so many arrows in the quiver. Otherwise, I would probably require 5-point CSLs for All Bows, which would apply both to the multipower and any other bows your character can get his hands on.

In any case the definitive answer would depend on the entirety of the character in question, the rest of the characters in the party, and the campaign itself.

I was recently working on a character who had a multipower defined as a bow and gimmick arrows. It has five slots. Would 3-point CSLs bought for "All Bows" apply to it' date=' or would it require 5-point CSLs?[/quote']

Power Frameworks with more than three slots would need the 5-point levels (6e1 71).

Hmm... this is an interesting edge case. I could see a reasonable GM ruling either way. Since the 3-point CSLs with any of x-weapon seem to be intended for ordinary weapon use' date=' I would probably only allow using them with this multi-power if the multipower reserve itself had charges to represent the fact that you can only carry so many arrows in the quiver. Otherwise, I would probably require 5-point CSLs for All Bows, which would apply both to the multipower and any other bows your character can get his hands on.[/quote']

The reserve does have charges.

A 5 pt Combat Skill Level covers "All Ranged Combat."

(edit: this was an error on my part corrected downthread)

So I'd say a 3 pt Level could cover the bow. If there's more than, say, 2 or 3 levels though, I might require that some be 5 pt levels if only because if someone is that skilled, they should be capable with any other ranged weapon too.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Skill Levels

Nope, the 8 points covers all Ranged or all HTH.

The 3 point covers only thre attacks/maneuver. For bows in Fantasy, where they have only one attack each (killing damage) 3 would be okay.

But this is superheroic and it will apply to up to 9 attacks. Clearly outside of the scope of "3 related Maneuvers or attacks".

So I'd say a 3 pt Level could cover the bow. If there's more than, say, 2 or 3 levels though, I might require that some be 5 pt levels if only because if someone is that skilled, they should be capable with any other ranged weapon too.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Skill Levels

Keep in mind they are talking about the new 6e CSL costs.

Nope, the 8 points covers all Ranged or all HTH.

The 3 point covers only thre attacks/maneuver. For bows in Fantasy, where they have only one attack each (killing damage) 3 would be okay.

But this is superheroic and it will apply to up to 9 attacks. Clearly outside of the scope of "3 related Maneuvers or attacks".

My mistake.

Lucius Alexander

I should have asked a palindromedary