Alien

TheNaga

How do i make the description below sound more lik that of an alien? Right now I think it sounds more like a more of a fantasy based creature? Do I not to fix the tentacle in any way to make useable? If i wanted to how would I give the character the ability to fly via telekinesis?

This vile creature resembles a gigantic, tremendously horrific creature that blend the features of a humanoid with the worst features of a segmented worm. He stands eight feet. His whole body is covered in hard jagged chitinous plates that are sickly yellow in color. Instead of a humanoid head he has the head of a monstrous eel. On each side of his head he has one huge round eye and behind that eye are three smaller round eyes. Each one of his eyes is an unearthly orange orb that blazes brightly with a fiery light. His large powerful mouth is lined with a double row of razor-sharp, serrated, triangular teeth. Instead of a normal tongue his mouth has seven black tentacle-like tongues that when fully extended, are about one-third the length of his body. Next to each side of its mouth is a sharp mandible. In place of each arm he has three highly flexible prehensile nightmarish looking tentacles. All of these tentacles have small but strong white sucker-like disks that are aligned in four rows. Each of the tentacle’s suckers is ringed with sharp teeth. A triple row of inch long backwards curving spines protrudes from his back. The segment worm body is eleven feet in length with each jagged segment measuring a foot in length.

Re: Alien

As far as the alien's appearance goes, that's a good, detailed write-up. Do you have any details about its biology? Its society? (assuming it has one) If it's an intelligent, star-faring species, where do they prefer to build settlements, and how numerous are they? How advanced is their technology? How do they relate to other species, humanity in particular? Do they want to trade with them, devour them, enslave them, blow them to bits, steal their celery, or just grind them up to make aphrodisiacs?

Here's how I write up an alien species. This example is also of the "tentacled horror" variety, but it's not the tentacles that are horrible: it's their attitude and their tech-base. (Social darwinists with nano-tech... now that's scary.)

I would recommend tossing out the term humanoid since so many of its features are non-humanoid; perhaps bipedal would be a better word. Also, why are you referring to it as a "he"? Were the players informed that they were being introduced to a male? I don't know how you were planning on presenting this alien to the players, but unless they are initially encountering it when it is laying on an autopsy table, I would suggest giving the description gradually. First just tell them those things are most noticeable such as maybe the eyes, color, size and arm tentacles. Then are the players have more time to observe the alien add extra details like the chitinous plates, tentacle tongues, the suckers, etc. Each time that the players decide that it can't get more disgusting add a new detail. Don't forget that it will probably have a smell, character sounds and its own body language.

Advice aside, your alien sounds extremely alien. Congratulation. I'm sure that your players will find it very disturbing. :thumbup:

The character in the description originally started out as a member of an alien rcae of gigantic worms that lived in outer space. His originaly race have some control over outer space, the ability to fly in a planet's atmosphere, FTL, and hightened senses.

If I could do I would him he would be as alien looking as the Elder Things but I am not sure how to do that. How would I go about doing that? The only aliens I have that are like them are my aliens that

gigantic, extremely horrific looking starfishes with twelve appendages.

How do i make the description below sound more lik that of an alien? Right now I think it sounds more like a more of a fantasy based creature? Do I not to fix the tentacle in any way to make useable? If i wanted to how would I give the character the ability to fly via telekinesis?

This vile creature resembles a gigantic, tremendously horrific creature that blend the features of a humanoid with the worst features of a segmented worm. He stands eight feet. His whole body is covered in hard jagged chitinous plates that are sickly yellow in color. Instead of a humanoid head he has the head of a monstrous eel. On each side of his head he has one huge round eye and behind that eye are three smaller round eyes. Each one of his eyes is an unearthly orange orb that blazes brightly with a fiery light. His large powerful mouth is lined with a double row of razor-sharp, serrated, triangular teeth. Instead of a normal tongue his mouth has seven black tentacle-like tongues that when fully extended, are about one-third the length of his body. Next to each side of its mouth is a sharp mandible. In place of each arm he has three highly flexible prehensile nightmarish looking tentacles. All of these tentacles have small but strong white sucker-like disks that are aligned in four rows. Each of the tentacle’s suckers is ringed with sharp teeth. A triple row of inch long backwards curving spines protrudes from his back. The segment worm body is eleven feet in length with each jagged segment measuring a foot in length.

This horrifying creature resembles a bipedal segmented worm. Hard, jagged, chitinous plates of sickly yellow cover its eleven-foot-long body, ringing it in segments about a foot wide, and supporting a triple row of backward-curving spines down its back. Its head, shaped like that of a monstrous eel, possesses one large round eye on either side, accompanied by three smaller eyes that trail behind it. Each eye blazes brightly with an alien orange light. A double row of razor-sharp, serrated, triangular teeth, perfectly adapted for shearing through human flesh, lines its large, powerful jaws. A sharp mandible flanks each side of the mouth. Behind the teeth and mandibles lurk seven long, black, narrow tongues that extend to a maximum of one-third the length of the creature's body. Instead of arms, this horror sprouts clusters of three prehensile tentacles from the sides of its upper torso. Four rows of small, but strong, white sucker-like discs line each of these brachial appendages, and each disc is ringed with small, sharp teeth--making it practically impossible for prey to escape its grasp.

And sorry, but this thread really reminded me of this.

But what is this creature with terrible claws,

and terrible teeth in its terrible jaws?

Are those knobbly knees and turned-out toes?

Is that a poisonous wart at the end of its nose?

Are those eyes orange? Is that tongue black?

Do sharp purple prickles cover its back?

“Oh, yes! Oh, no!

A GRUFFALO!”

gruffalo.jpg

As far as the alien's appearance goes, that's a good, detailed write-up. Do you have any details about its biology? Its society? (assuming it has one) If it's an intelligent, star-faring species, where do they prefer to build settlements, and how numerous are they? How advanced is their technology? How do they relate to other species, humanity in particular? Do they want to trade with them, devour them, enslave them, blow them to bits, steal their celery, or just grind them up to make aphrodisiacs?

Here's how I write up an alien species. This example is also of the "tentacled horror" variety, but it's not the tentacles that are horrible: it's their attitude and their tech-base. (Social darwinists with nano-tech... now that's scary.)

Their society is one million years old. They are one of the most advanced beings from the Andromeda Galaxy. Their home planet five-and-a-half billion years old.

The Greys (also known as the Zeta Reticulan) are their servants. The Greys are all genderless clones. The Greys tell the lie to people they abduct that the Greys are from Zeta Reticuli when in fact they where live on the same planet as their masters.

I know that if they met the aliens in my post called Starfish Aliens (http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/86627-Starfish-Alien) they would try their best to repel them since the aliens in that post would try their hardest to inslave them.

They are simultaneous hermaphroditic supernatural beings. When they find a mate, the pair takes turns between which one acts as the male and which acts as the female through multiple matings, usually over the course of twelve to sixteen nights.

They have the ability to communicate between themselves and other through telepathy. I have thought they might have a group mind. They can use their tentacles just like hands. I was also thinking that they could fly via tk.

From what I have what do you get about them? Also what else could I add to the info on after read what I have said so far about them? I would really love them to be more alien looking.

Could their seven long, black, narrow tongues be used to catch prey like chameleons do with their tongue? I want to explain their the features and abilities they have the best way possible so that they are not just some fantasy monster but instead aliens.