You can't take my Likeness

Christopher

This power could be so minor that it might not even require a writeup, but it might still have it's useability as "impersonation defense".

I think there are two possible degrees of this:

a) You just can't mimik her properly (neither through disguise, shape shift or via drawing). No matter if you have a portrait, picture, a video of her or even the original right before you: You just can't get her right.

B) You can't take the likeness at all. You can view the character via a camera or on live television, but any recording (photo/video) in any form just has blurred details where she should be.

When you try to mimic her, you run into the same problems as above except you don't even have the option to go for photos/videos.

In either variant there are no problems to remember and identify her despite this power. If someone should be able to circumvent it and get her "right", people who know her would not get any penalty to see through the disguise.

Until then the closest aproximation is that of mediocre cross-player or mediocre pencil sketch.

Re: You can't take my Likeness

My Image is Copyrighted - Cosmically: Invisibility to Sight Group , Persistent (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (40 Active Points); Limited Power Does not actually prevent anyone from seeing the character clearly; merely ensures that any attempt to impersonate the character will be "off" as if the original were only seen blurred or out of focus. (-1 1/2), Always On (-1/2), Bright Fringe (-1/4) Real Cost: 12

Lucius Alexander

Trademarked Palindromedary

Actually, this could be a significant ability for a thief or spy. People who have seen the person can identify her directly, but no mug shots, no security video, nothing by a sketch artist could be distributed to the authorities that would be useful. It would also help maintain a Secret ID, quite effectively. Even eyewitnesses could be problematic, as their general descriptions would probably diverge quite significantly. Well worth writing up, and I like Lucius' version, above.

My Image is Copyrighted - Cosmically: Invisibility to Sight Group ' date=' Persistent (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (40 Active Points); Limited Power Does not actually prevent anyone from seeing the character clearly; merely ensures that any attempt to impersonate the character will be "off" as if the original were only seen blurred or out of focus. (-1 1/2), Always On (-1/2), Bright Fringe (-1/4) Real Cost: 12[/quote']

I had a similar Idea, but was thinking more about Shape Shift.

This power could be so minor that it might not even require a writeup, but it might still have it's useability as "impersonation defense".

Talisman has a similar power but it has not got a power cost. It is in her description that she uses magic so that no one remembers what she actually lookes like but you know who she is. So if it is a NPC it can cost nothing if there is a link to a suitable SFX.

Super man does this all the time and just takes off his glasses and no one recognises him as Clark Kent. Even those very close to him. But I have never seen it written on any character sheets.

Most costumed characters have this to a minor effect.

Non striking appearance? 5 points and you appear as joe average and everyone can not pick a facial feature that makes you stand out?

Talisman has a similar power but it has not got a power cost. It is in her description that she uses magic so that no one remembers what she actually lookes like but you know who she is. So if it is a NPC it can cost nothing if there is a link to a suitable SFX.

Super man does this all the time and just takes off his glasses and no one recognises him as Clark Kent. Even those very close to him. But I have never seen it written on any character sheets.

Most costumed characters have this to a minor effect.

Non striking appearance? 5 points and you appear as joe average and everyone can not pick a facial feature that makes you stand out?

supermans "nobody will find out" is way udner what I have in mind (that's more or less a campaign guideline). It's not going to stop Shape Shifters from copying either of his ID's. Or Clones from looking exaclty like him.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds more like this should be a roll made by the imitator/impostor. It would be hard to rationalize why anyone couldn't be impersonated. Odd idea.

A lot of things are hard to rationalise, espcially most comicbook-powers. I haven't even decided on a Special Effect yet. All I know is: You can't copy her from memories, not when having the original and (optionally) she can't even be recorded clear.