Subterfuge of the Shadow Clan! (Free Scenerio)

Ninja-Bear

Hello to Herofandom!

Here is a scenerio that I ran during Thankisgiving weekend, that I've been meaning to post. Before I begin, I should tell you that there are a couple of "rules" that I follow when designing a scenerio.

1.) I play at my hometown, and so I have a time frame of usually 4 hours of play.

2.) I really hate leaving an unfininshed game, therefore the plot will be resolved. So if I have to skip, or prod the PC's in the right direction, I don't mind. "Roll Deduction" and secretly add +3 to roll, "Here is what you figured out...".

3.) I have a fair amount of Hero books, but I sometimes get depressed when I think, "I have all these books and I can't seem to use them?" (Because of my imagination, not the quality of the books.) So if I can, I try to use as many books as possible.

So without further delay, the Subterfuge of the Shadow Clan!

Background, a ninja-like character has been destroying buildings that belonged to Harmon industries. (Harmon, as in James Harmon A.K.A Defender fron Champions 4th) And the ninja seems to be going in a fairly straight line from one point to another. Pcs figure out the next logical target and wait for the villian. (In my game, this actually acted as a heroes meeting, and we had some characters attack each other, "Hey I see this person sneaking around a building at night that looks like a ninja."

Pcs defeated ninja and find out that it was the Steel Ninja from Ninja Hero 5th. Here though I had the Mon put the Ninja to seem that it was from Tanaka Electronics. The Pcs after further investiongation found out that the Tanaka Electronics are a fierce rival of Harmon Industries, and several weeks ago, something broke out of one of their labs. But even further investigation revealed that the Mon on the Steel Ninja is not the Tanaka's but that of the Shadow Clan. Also that in a couple of days the president of Tanaka Electronics is going to meet with James Harmon to as a gesture of goodwill. They deny the attacks on Harmon Industries.

The Pcs go to the meeting in disguise. (One character had the means to get the rest in as security guards.) The meeting was at Harpcor Towers, (from Dark Champions 4th). Then all of a sudden, two figures teleported in the meting room. Iron Ronin and Oni no Mizu (water deamon). These two are from the villian group Yoshoo (the elements). (They are sample of Champion level martial art themed villians from the original Ninja Hero 4th. Their background tells of Tanaka Electronics and the Shadow Clan, and how the clan has tried to eliminate the president several times in Japan.) Iron Ronin is the leader, and he is a Power suit, where Oni no Mizu is a sorcerror. mizu summoned Kappas also to help the duo. (and give more agents to fight.) The Kappas I used were modified Chinese goblins from Watchers of the Dragon. And since Mizu had a magic variable power pool, I just was going to use some of the spell write ups from Watchers of the Dragon too. Alas the heros proved too tough and defeated the villians. My one friend was expecting Tschui (Earth) to show up, He's a 70 Strength Sumo wrestler. And I forgot that I had Powerhouse from Champions 4th, I was going to use as a Super Kappa. Oh well. The conclusion was that the Pcs figured out that the Steel Ninja was a ruse to get the Tanaka president to the U.S., because their attempts in Japan always failed.

I hope you guys enjoy it. As you can see, it was very short, and it could be expanded upon easily. I put this in Champions because of the power level. Technically the game was an Ultimate Martial Artist game. If anyone uses this, I would love to hear how it goes. Also don't feel bound to use the specific villians mentioned. If you like, I would give my two cents on how to expand it, and what other villians to use.

Enjoy!

(P.s. maybe I'm too hard on myself, but I really thought I came up with a cleaver plot.)

Re: Subterfuge of the Shadow Clan! (Free Scenerio)

Nice adventure.

But what is a Mon?

Here though I had the Mon put the Ninja to seem that it was from Tanaka Electronics. The Pcs after further investiongation found out that the Tanaka Electronics are a fierce rival of Harmon Industries' date=' and several weeks ago, something broke out of one of their labs. But even further investigation revealed that the Mon on the Steel Ninja is not the Tanaka's but that of the Shadow Clan.[/quote']