SHADOW WOLF: Just cant get him right (please help)

GoldenAge

Epic City (see my sig for more info) has a pretty healthy Native American presence. Currently their chief representative (pun not intended) is:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31942&d=1246399849

He is an OC that has recently been adopted by a new player (new to Epic City and HERO as well). He already has a substantial list of powers and skills, but the new player would LOVE to add powers similar to Vixen or Animal Man (of DC fame); essentially the ability to choose a power set based upon specific animals with which he is familiar.

So far I have these:

Okwaho (Wolf Powers)

26 Canid Empathy Multipower, 40-point reserve, Canids Only (-1/2)

2u Eyes of the Wolf: Clairsentience (Sight, Hearing and Smell/Taste Group), Only through the eyes of Canids (-1). END: 4

1u Talking to the Dogs: 5d6 Telepathy (Animal Class of Minds), No Range (-1/2), Communication Only (-1/4), Incantations

throughout (-1/2), Visible (-1/4), Canids Only (-1/2) END: 2

2u Alpha Override: Mind Control 6d6 (Animal Class of Minds), Limited class of minds: Canids (-1/2). END: 3

------------------

15 Nose of the Wolf: Tracking with Hearing Group and Normal Smell

7 +15 PRE; Only to cause fear (-1), Only when growling (-1/4)

5 Nightvision

13 Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees)

Akweks (Eagle Powers)

60 Winged Flight: Multipower, 90-point reserve; all Restrainable (-1/2)

6u 1) Flight 40", x8 Noncombat; Restrainable (-1/2), END 9

1u 2) Flight 3", Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4); Restrainable (-1/2), END 1

------------------

1 High Altitude Breathing: Life Support , Extended Breathing:High Altitude Air

2 High Altitude Adaptation: Life Support , Safe in Intense Cold

8 Sharp Eyes: Enhanced Perception (+4 to PER Rolls for Single Sense Group)

8 Sharp Ears: Enhanced Perception (+4 to PER Rolls for Single Sense Group)

42 Sense Air Currents: Detect:Air Currents And Objects Moving In The Air 13-, Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception

(360-Degrees), Range, Sense, Telescopic (+20)

Ohkwa:ri' (Bear Powers) ?

STR Bonus + Toughness

Ohskennon:ton (Dear Powers)?

Running & Leaping

Sinite (Beaver Powers) ?

Swimming

Kwa'yenha (Rabbit Powers) ?

Enhanced Senses

MY PROBLEM:

Is there a better way to build this character??? Multiform is out since he doesn't change his form or loose/gain characteristics/skills or personality traits, he just switches to the powers of a new animal (losing access to any other animal-based power sets = 1 at a time). I've already considered a Variable Power Pool, but I'm not sure the player could handle it.

In my dream world I'd sit each of these animal power sets into a larger Multipower as Ultra slots allowing the player so switch from one set to another without paying an arm and a leg for a whole bunch of powers that may often overlap (example = Rabbit and Deer may both give him increased movement in the form of running).

Am I missing the forest for the tree here??? Can anyone give me a simple and inexpensive way to create this character?

Thanks all.

Re: SHADOW WOLF: Just cant get him right (please help)

Epic City (see my sig for more info) has a pretty healthy Native American presence. Currently their chief representative (pun not intended) is:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31942&d=1246399849

He is an OC that has recently been adopted by a new player (new to Epic City and HERO as well). He already has a substantial list of powers and skills, but the new player would LOVE to add powers similar to Vixen or Animal Man (of DC fame); essentially the ability to choose a power set based upon specific animals with which he is familiar.

So far I have these:

Okwaho (Wolf Powers)

26 Canid Empathy Multipower, 40-point reserve, Canids Only (-1/2)

2u Eyes of the Wolf: Clairsentience (Sight, Hearing and Smell/Taste Group), Only through the eyes of Canids (-1). END: 4

1u Talking to the Dogs: 5d6 Telepathy (Animal Class of Minds), No Range (-1/2), Communication Only (-1/4), Incantations

throughout (-1/2), Visible (-1/4), Canids Only (-1/2) END: 2

2u Alpha Override: Mind Control 6d6 (Animal Class of Minds), Limited class of minds: Canids (-1/2). END: 3

------------------

15 Nose of the Wolf: Tracking with Hearing Group and Normal Smell

7 +15 PRE; Only to cause fear (-1), Only when growling (-1/4)

5 Nightvision

13 Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees)

Akweks (Eagle Powers)

60 Winged Flight: Multipower, 90-point reserve; all Restrainable (-1/2)

6u 1) Flight 40", x8 Noncombat; Restrainable (-1/2), END 9

1u 2) Flight 3", Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4); Restrainable (-1/2), END 1

------------------

1 High Altitude Breathing: Life Support , Extended Breathing:High Altitude Air

2 High Altitude Adaptation: Life Support , Safe in Intense Cold

8 Sharp Eyes: Enhanced Perception (+4 to PER Rolls for Single Sense Group)

8 Sharp Ears: Enhanced Perception (+4 to PER Rolls for Single Sense Group)

42 Sense Air Currents: Detect:Air Currents And Objects Moving In The Air 13-, Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception

(360-Degrees), Range, Sense, Telescopic (+20)

Ohkwa:ri' (Bear Powers) ?

STR Bonus + Toughness

Ohskennon:ton (Dear Powers)?

Running & Leaping

Sinite (Beaver Powers) ?

Swimming

Kwa'yenha (Rabbit Powers) ?

Enhanced Senses

MY PROBLEM:

Is there a better way to build this character??? Multiform is out since he doesn't change his form or loose/gain characteristics/skills or personality traits, he just switches to the powers of a new animal (losing access to any other animal-based power sets = 1 at a time). I've already considered a Variable Power Pool, but I'm not sure the player could handle it.

In my dream world I'd sit each of these animal power sets into a larger Multipower as Ultra slots allowing the player so switch from one set to another without paying an arm and a leg for a whole bunch of powers that may often overlap (example = Rabbit and Deer may both give him increased movement in the form of running).

Am I missing the forest for the tree here??? Can anyone give me a simple and inexpensive way to create this character?

Thanks all.

One multipower with the basic animal powers in them. Then you just declare which animal you are using at the time for that power. It doesnt matter what you call them since they are essentially the same power.

A bear claw is a tiger claw is a badger claw.

Then you have a small power pool for one of a kind stuff that doesnt fit the basic frame work like skunk attack.

CES

For bear powers immunity to cold. A level of Growth and density increase, resistant pd or damage resistance.

For the Rabbit, I would give him flying dodge manuever! The difference between the Deer and Rabbit I would make would be the Deer is a great long distance runner whereas the rabbit would have less running but a higher DCV when running. Basically the Deer would have loads of non-combat running with maybe red end and rabbit a higher combat run and DCV linked with it. Or maybe (just hit me) give the rabbit t-port that must go thru real space?

Fwiw, I've had this idea for a Native American (villian) called Gray Squirrel who had shrinking and was a great acrobatic and thief skills. Plus you could give the squirrel clinging.

Some thoughts for Bear:

Extra Strength- say 10 points, maybe 15

2 KA- one reduced penetration (claws), the other armor piercing with no strength add (bite)

Safe Environment: Intense Cold

Definitely Simulate Death

Reduced eat/drink, linked to Simulate death

extra Pre, offensive only, incantations: roar

+5PD/+10 ED only vs cold based attacks plus make 3 of his PD resistant

+8m or more of extra running (bears are pretty fast!)

+ Perception rolls with smell, no track but maybe targeting or discriminatory

NND Hand Attack- yes, the bear hug!

Anything else I missed?

Rabbit:

+8m leaping, accurate, or maybe flight that requires he start and end round on a flat vertical surface

extra dice hand attack for kick attack

targeting on hearing

danger sense, intuitional

extended field of vision 270 degrees

Safe:Intense cold

8m extra running

+ to perception rolls for hearing

I think that's all...

PS: Maybe extra Dex or Spd for this totwm would not be out of line...