The villain Nitro

Bengalelf

Re: The villain Nitro

Well, he caused the cancer which took Captian Mar-Ver's life. He basicly destroyed the town of Stranferd(sp?) and started the Civil War indirectly. Namor keeps him locked up in an underwater cave for a reasion (both as revenge for killing Namorita, and as a way to make shure he can't excape, cause if he explodes he lets all that oxygen excape and even Nitro needs air).

I had a villain that was a lot like that at one time. All the players always had high PD/EDs, this was back during the original champions days. Even the Egoist, Martial Artist, didn't matter what they did.

So I had a guy with dimensional teleportation, one dimension matter the other anti-matter, I made it a large HKA, Ap explosion. Using him, and a all women group, they figured thing out.

All women group was because they all loved the disadvantage won't fight/harm a women, they considered it a free disadvantage, should have seen the look on their face when the had to face nothing but :)

I have been working on his power. Here is what I hae come up with so far.

Killing Atack 44d6, No Range, Explosion, No Conscious Control. That should be enough to level a city block. (Assuming the average city block is 264 feet. 264/6=44)

I linked it to a teleportation 5" Megascale to prevent Nitro from dieing in the explosion; the 99 endurance should put him in LaLaLa Land like I want the attack to do.

My question is, I want the power not to work if Nitro is affected by a Mindlink. Sort of like in the Wolervine and the X-Men episode, how Pscylock was able to keep him from blowing by using her mental powers on him.

Nitro has a good gimmick, but it's pretty easy to figure out. Officially, he's got a small punch attack that's the equivalent of 10 pounds of TNT, and his Big "explode himself!" power is 250 pounds of TNT. Now even though I'm not a fan of the scale used in the HSEG (Doesn't jive well with my real world explosives experience, not to mention a few recent things on the science channel and such which provided much amusement throwing 40 ton front end loaders straight up into the air and ripping them apart) it's still game functional.....

So going by Nitro's official write up.... that gives you a small attack of base 12 d6 + 9d6 scale up for amount for 21d6 Explosion (with personal immunity though there are a few other ways to build it), and his big blast, is 262 d6 Explosion (that's 250 pounds of TNT, so Base 12d6 + 1d6 per .45 KG extra... After his big blast though it can take him a few minutes to reform depending on how much he was dispersed in the blast......

That's right off the OHOTMU write up so, pretty dangerous right out of the box.

~Rex