Argent

L.Craig

Re: Argent

There are some things here and there. Interface works with Argent a lot, but he dosen't run the org, nore is he a member of that org. Many people theroise that Beamline is a member of the group. But since there is no official writeup of him in 5th ed, let alone 6th ed, who knows? Same goes for Monopole (except he goes even back to Champions 3). Therories also abound about Plasmoid being a damaged product of theres, along with AVAR 7.

Another intresting thought is that Power Crusher, in this universe, was a VIPER agent who went to Argent for supervillionous strength (and brickhood), and five-fingered some special Strength Transfer Gloves from them. Of course, Argent found out and activate the 'overload' on them, causing the gloves to explode while he was wearing them. Forcently for Power Crusher, the gloves imbedded themselves into his hands and did not sease functioning. Unforcently for Power Crusher, he can no longer use his hands again for find manipulation. Of course, that is assuming that Power Crusher is still around.

No' date=' unfortunately you're pretty much dead on. [i']Profit And Purity[/i], a long-promised source book for both ARGENT and the IHA, was on the Hero Games publication schedule for 2012 before the company suffered its dramatic downsizing. When, and whether, that book will be written is now unclear. :(

This presents something of a dilemma for me. I would much prefer to see Profit and Purity come out than Mythic Hero. Supporting the latter book's Kickstarter project makes it that much longer until and less likely that the former will ever be produced. While I would certainly buy MH were it already a done deal the way Book of the Empress was, I am disinclined to support projects I care less about when I am aware that they drain impetus from projects I care more about.

There are some things here and there. Interface works with Argent a lot, but he dosen't run the org, nore is he a member of that org. Many people theroise that Beamline is a member of the group. But since there is no official writeup of him in 5th ed, let alone 6th ed, who knows? Same goes for Monopole (except he goes even back to Champions 3). Therories also abound about Plasmoid being a damaged product of theres, along with AVAR 7.

Another intresting thought is that Power Crusher, in this universe, was a VIPER agent who went to Argent for supervillionous strength (and brickhood), and five-fingered some special Strength Transfer Gloves from them. Of course, Argent found out and activate the 'overload' on them, causing the gloves to explode while he was wearing them. Forcently for Power Crusher, the gloves imbedded themselves into his hands and did not sease functioning. Unforcently for Power Crusher, he can no longer use his hands again for find manipulation. Of course, that is assuming that Power Crusher is still around.

With respect, Stanley, you're mixing together characters and events from the current and previous editions, which are part of different continuities. ARGENT was never mentioned in the published backgrounds for Beamline, Monopole, Plasmoid, or Power Crusher, who are Fourth Edition Champions characters and haven't yet been mentioned in Fifth or Sixth Edition books. ARGENT hadn't been created as a Champions Universe concept when those characters last appeared.

I only mention this because it might seem you're implying that these are part of current canon, and people wanting to know what's "official" might be confused. ;)

Could it be possable to 'fan-publish' an unoficial' date=' not-for-profit Argent soursebook, and give it away for free?[/quote']

Hero Games has always required their permission to use any of the characters and concepts they own, even if it's not for profit. Now that Cryptic Studios, and their corporate masters Perfect World, own the Champions IP, I assume one would have to take the matter up with them.

This presents something of a dilemma for me. I would much prefer to see Profit and Purity come out than Mythic Hero. Supporting the latter book's Kickstarter project makes it that much longer until and less likely that the former will ever be produced. While I would certainly buy MH were it already a done deal the way Book of the Empress was' date=' I am disinclined to support projects I care less about when I am aware that they drain impetus from projects I care more about.[/quote']

Well, I'm not sure it would be fair to categorize Mythic Hero as "draining impetus" from any prospect for publishing Profit And Purity. Steve Long wants to write MH, he's done a lot of preparation for it already, and there seems to be great interest for it among the HERO fan community; so I expect, assuming it received enough financing, it would be written whether or not P&P is being contemplated by Hero Games for a future Kickstarter project. I suspect Jason Walters would first want to try to raise the money to print Champions Villains Vol. 3 before undertaking a new book. In any case, from remarks I've read by Steve and others, every HERO Kickstarter which fails makes it less likely that further ones will be undertaken, so the best way to increase the likelihood of a book you want being written is to contribute to the others.

I know, that sounds almost like financial blackmail :o , but that seems to be the economic reality right now.

In any case, from remarks I've read by Steve and others, every HERO Kickstarter which fails makes it less likely that further ones will be undertaken, so the best way to increase the likelihood of a book you want being written is to contribute to the others.

This may or may not be the prevailing perception, but if so, I believe it to be faulty. That is traditional publishing thinking, which doesn't apply as much to crowd funding. See a separate argument here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/88630-Kickstarter-Politics?p=2280837#post2280837

With respect' date=' Stanley, you're mixing together characters and events from the current and previous editions, which are part of different continuities. I only mention this because it might seem you're implying that these are part of current canon, and people wanting to know what's "official" might be confused. ;)[/quote']

Sorry. I was to obsessed with who I would like to have Argent links with ("why recreat the wheel") that it sliped my mind to say 'theas are my ideals for Argent...the official ideals and your ideals will varry'. And, I also just thought of the "we do not own the villians in question anymore, so we must reinvent the wheel" thought.