Initiative, Marvel Heroic Roleplaying-style

thewomble

Re: Initiative, Marvel Heroic Roleplaying-style

I see similarites, albeit weak, to Star Wars D6 from West end Games. Here a roll on a Dump stat (I think only used for search and some other rarely used skils - atl east in comabt they are useless) is the one that decided wich team goes first. And the roll was made by the one with the best score in on team.

So 10 Stormtroopers (2d6 in everything but shooting) and 6 Stormtroopers + 1 leader (3-4d6 on Initiative) could really make a difference.

That made "shoot the commander first" actually a viable game tactic, even if none of the other uses for a command were used. And that one "Leader" PC could increase the efficiency of the entire group, without having to use the coordination rules (wich turned every participant into "just a guy in a group").

Re: Initiative, Marvel Heroic Roleplaying-style

We used it in last week's Dresden Files game. I thought it worked out fine, but it didn't really add to the experience.

I'll be trying my first game of Marvel Heroic in a few hours. I'll see how it works in its native system.