400 pounds per square inch = ???

Susano

Re: 400 pounds per square inch = ???

AP and penetrationg for normal strength or just go perhaps hka ap?

Well, there is a rule for "leaving footprints in concrete" in APG I 176. You deal crushign damage agaisnt the ground based on your weight.

But that is a negative result of taking one of the increased Weight Complciations or using Growth/DI.

I think one lives across the hall from me' date=' based on the noise she makes clomping up the stairs at night.[/quote']

Not nessecerly true, my 17 yo son is maybe 120 lbs and he sounds like an elephant in the morning. Also claims he doesn't slam doors, they're just loud. dosen't help that my house is about 90 yo.

Ummmm. This makes no sense at all. As I noted to Mike before, you can only make a correlation between STR and psi by taking area into account: there is no direct correlation. Did I miss an intended smilely?

Superman might have 100 STR, but still weighs the same and still has the same sized feet as a normal, very muscular human. There's no correlation between shoe size and STR in Hero. Using this calculation the snake - having a greater surface area relative to its mass - would have less strength than a human! Take it further, a human (humans don't actually have A4 sized feet: even both together are much smaller) actually exerts about 8 psi while standing (more while running, of course, much more in high heels), which throws even this calculation out the window.

Amusingly, an Abrams tank (which has wide treads) only has a ground pressure about double that of a human foot, meaning two normal humans could presumably grab it and hold it in place against the full force of the engine ... or maybe not. Seriously, this calculation can't be used for anything at all.

cheers, Mark

It is rare that my tongue is not in my cheek, but the calculation is not that far off, for a cinematic role playing game. A normal human weighs 100kg in Hero and can lift 100kg so actually the pressure would be double what I suggested and probably more as the A4 was just for ball-park-fun (except in the case of my children who are heading towards A3 feet). I do not care though.

If you actually wanted to calculate it properly then you would need to look at the surface area in contact with the object being crushed, so you would actually top out at the surface area of the victim, not of the snake, and it is unlikely that the snake would completely cover the victim anyway. I'm not going to do that because all the human skins I have are dried and have shrunk a bit, so the figures would be wrong. I tell you I really ought to use more smileys.

Hero uses a mix of arithmetic and geometric progression when considering damage, defence and, of course, Strength, so any calculation you could do would be subject to question in any event: this is not physics, and force is all in kgm/s/s not psi and so on and so forth, but, by coincidence, the numbers I put into the silly little calculation came out at almost exactly what Susano had guestimated at and everyone was happy. Personally I always work backwards in these situations; how strong something is will be dependent on whether I want player characters to get beaten to death or actually pop.

Smiley.

It is rare that my tongue is not in my cheek, but the calculation is not that far off, for a cinematic role playing game. A normal human weighs 100kg in Hero and can lift 100kg so actually the pressure would be double what I suggested and probably more as the A4 was just for ball-park-fun (except in the case of my children who are heading towards A3 feet). I do not care though.

If you actually wanted to calculate it properly then you would need to look at the surface area in contact with the object being crushed, so you would actually top out at the surface area of the victim, not of the snake, and it is unlikely that the snake would completely cover the victim anyway. I'm not going to do that because all the human skins I have are dried and have shrunk a bit, so the figures would be wrong. I tell you I really ought to use more smileys.

Hero uses a mix of arithmetic and geometric progression when considering damage, defence and, of course, Strength, so any calculation you could do would be subject to question in any event: this is not physics, and force is all in kgm/s/s not psi and so on and so forth, but, by coincidence, the numbers I put into the silly little calculation came out at almost exactly what Susano had guestimated at and everyone was happy. Personally I always work backwards in these situations; how strong something is will be dependent on whether I want player characters to get beaten to death or actually pop.

Smiley.

Absolutely: that's what I first suggested to Mike: work out what you want your snake to be able to crush: that's where you set your strength :)

cheers, Mark