Kara Loft: Lost In The Sands Of Egypt

Marcus Impudite

Re: Kara Loft: Lost In The Sands Of Egypt

Given that Vitus is currently in Egypt' date=' and has been poking around various tombs, this is almost plausible. Of course, since he's doing so in the Call of Cthulhu universe, the moment he discovers the murals, and the vanished tomb-robber, alarm bells will start ringing. He might even suspect a few White Apes of Truth to be involved. Either way, the sarcophagus is probably going to get nuked.[/quote']

"White Apes of Truth"? Is that Vitus' code phrase for "fellow adventurers"?

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

Guest steamteck

Bolt - get the lid open. Assuming that breaks the spell, unwrap her face and arms enough so that she can get out the rest on her own. Place her clothes next to the sarcophagus and turn around. If opening and unwrapping doesn't break the spell, take her still wrapped back to the rest of the Crew and figure out how to break it.

(It occurs to me that I never responded with any kind of detail what Kara would do!)

Kara starts as though woken from a dream. She looks down at herself and then around at the gathered heroes. "Oh, no. No, no, no! I was so close." Already mumbling to herself, deep in thought, she absently moves to her gear and begins to dress. "It would be polite to turn your heads so a lady can get dressed," she says with a smirk.

"Hm? What was I close to? Well, you see, while I was under the spell, I was deciphering the language they use to shape their magic. I heard this chanting, very strange. It is quite unlike anything else I have encountered before, and it is most definitely not ancient Egyptian, though there seems to be a relation. Same with the hieroglyphics." She nods toward the hieroglyphics lining the walls. "Oh, my. That is most definitely new, and somewhat perplexing. Well, I shall keep trying to decipher their language, but we mustn't waste any time if we are to catch up to my would-be captors."

Kara is already dressed and has her gear stowed and is moving deeper into the tomb as she speaks.

"Hm? What do you mean, 'who?'? Why, the mummies, of course! The personal guard of the lost Pharaoh. Quit asking silly questions... the sands are slipping through the glass while we tarry!"

Double post, but now I am finding I really want to play through this scenario. :P I'd play my Kara Loft build and would be fine with keeping her as just an intrepid adventuress even among a group of actually super-powered individuals.

Though if I was to make her some kind of super-being, I am on a demigod kick lately, so maybe a demigoddess of some kind, daughter of one of the Greek gods. Hm. Makes me want to rebuild her with some demigodlike abilities.