Need help with ENVY

MisterD

I am working on a character (or substitude charater) for a PBEM game.

OK. I managed to fill up all the character and disadvantage points.

I traded the Transform to Mindcontrol (It will take a while to break out I think)

OK. Any other comments or suggestions on background or character sheet?

BACKGROUND

Deuit Dumas did not have a happy childhood. Since early elementary school he has been the but of jokes and teasing that he has never been able to escape. Deuit has been called Dimwit Dumb Ass by everyone but his parrents and teachers (and a few times a few teachers let a Mister Dumb Ass slip)

Even with the love and support of his parents, Deuit's self esteem has taken a beating.

When Deuit reached age 14 his parents decided he was old enough and mature enough to take care of himself so they took more and longer seminars and out of state meeting leaving Deuit alone alot of the time.

With all the 'friendship' and 'support' Deuit received growing up he has been on the loweest rungs of the academic social ladder. He has walked through loif looking at other students, envying their skills, abilities and ease they socialize.

(Insert GAINING or ACTIVATION of super power here)

Deuit was able to reason out that whatever gave him these new abilitied allowed him to actualize the self he always wanted to be and seemed to tailor themselves to his conscious and subconscious desires.

ENVY

Player:

Val Char Cost
10/20 STR 0
10/20 DEX 0
10/20 CON 0
10/20 BODY 0
10/20 INT 0
10/20 EGO 0
10/20 PRE 0
10/20 COM 0
2/8 PD 0
2/8 ED 0
2/4 SPD 0
5/15 REC 2
20/50 END 0
20/50 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM02"/4" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 2

Cost Power END
Enhanced Self Image, all slots: Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
8 1) +10 STR (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 1
24 2) +10 DEX (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
16 3) +10 CON (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
16 4) +10 BODY (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
8 5) +10 INT (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
16 6) +10 EGO (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
8 7) +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
4 8) +10 COM (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
3 9) +4 PD (4 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
3 10) +4 ED (4 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
8 11) +1 SPD (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
10 12) +6 REC (12 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
4 13) +10 END (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
8 14) +10 STUN (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
5 15) Know thy self: Mental Defense (8/10 points total) (6 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
26 16) Self Defence: +4 with All Combat (32 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
10 17) Rapid Healing: Healing (Regeneration) 2 BODY, Persistent (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
103 Envy: Variable Power Pool (Mimicry Pool), 80 base + 23 control cost, (120 Active Points); Target must be within 10" or LOS (-1/2), No power memory (copying a new power removes an old power) (-1/4)
25 You are my girlfriend now: Mind Control 5d6 ( Human class of minds), Telepathic (+1/4), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1), Cumulative (x4 max.) (+1) (81 Active Points); Limited Power Power Only Works On Women (-1), Concentration 1/2 DCV, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (-1/2), Set Effect- (You are my loving, obedient and submissive girlfriend) (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) 8
Powers Cost: 305

Cost Skill
4 Computer Programming (Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers) 11- (13-)
3 Concealment 11- (13-)
5 Cramming
3 KS: Academia 11- (13-)
3 KS: Fantasy and Science Fiction Literature/film/TV 11- (13-)
13 Power 16- (18-) [Notes: Deuit understands the shapeing of his power]
3 PS: Student 11- (13-)
3 Stealth 11- (13-) [Notes: Deuit has spent alot of time trying NOT to be noticed.]
1 TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
Skills Cost: 38

Cost Perk
5 Money: Well Off
Perks Cost: 5

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
20 Normal Characteristic Maxima: No Age Restriction
20 Distinctive Features: Geek/ nerd / Dweeb (Deuit) or powerful Aura (Envy) (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: Vengefull (Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Treats his 'girlfriends' as toys (Very Common, Moderate)
10 Reputation: Lower rung in School social Ladder, 11-
15 Rivalry: Professional (Just about everyone), Rival is More Powerful, Rival is a Player Character, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
10 Social Limitation: Minor (Frequently, Minor)
15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Strikes me that maybe he did some kind of self-improvement course (from a book, a video, or maybe even some kind of experiment) and it took really well on him.

They didn't work so well on anyone else, because they are mutants. You have already put that he is a mutant in his disadvantages, so the only option is to work out what triggered his powers.

Whatever it was perhaps involved hypnosis, or even beter, self-hypnosis, combined with visualisation exercises, where he "saw" the things he wanted happening.

The course (or experiment) perhaps removed the psychological blocks which his upbringing had placed on his powers. When he visualises himself as the athletic, bright and attractive person he has always longed to be, his powers kick in and change him.

The problem with this is, in what way is the change disadvantageous? There was a debate over whether Colossus could take OIHID because he triggered his change mentally and some argued that it was effectively impossible to stop the transformation. Others pointed out that Piotr had to turn into a huge statue of living steel to do that and that this stood out and was clearly a disdvantage.

You might need to find out if the campaign will view the OIHID thing as sufficiently limiting.

I prefer the idea of a self-improvement course, by the way. The campus experiment or whatever is a bit cliched, even if it does have more plot hooks.

Originally posted by Crimson Arrow

Strikes me that maybe he did some kind of self-improvement course (from a book, a video, or maybe even some kind of experiment) and it took really well on him.

There was the trademarked accident at school. I do not want to give too much away on the board without GM ok.

The problem with this is, in what way is the change disadvantageous? There was a debate over whether Colossus could take OIHID because he triggered his change mentally and some argued that it was effectively impossible to stop the transformation. Others pointed out that Piotr had to turn into a huge statue of living steel to do that and that this stood out and was clearly a disdvantage.

A few of his abilities are linked to his self-actualization.

might need to find out if the campaign will view the OIHID thing as sufficiently limiting.

I will as the GM

I pefer the idea of a self-improvement course, by the way. The campus experiment or whatever is a bit cliched, even if it does have more plot hooks.

Thanks.

Some ideas:

We believe in you:

+5 to EGO Rolls for Pushing, Requires someone to cheer him on.

OR

4D6 Aid to any one power that can be pushed, requires someone to cheer him on.

Self-doubt is the enemy

Accidental Change to Normal ID when belittled or put down

Move it or lose it: +3" Run, Only in Hero ID

(For the 5" half-move, YMMV)