CO Returnee Question Thread

GestaltBennie

Re: CO Returnee Question Thread

Who are these people and what are they doing in my bedroom?

I have no clue, but one of the people at the gathering yesterday was asking about ways to make faces look a little more natural. Here's a thread from the official forums where someone was trying to do that.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=184141

Is there a way to transfer Zen to another player? I have a lifetime membership and have accumulated some but would like to transfer some to my wife.

I have no clue, but one of the people at the gathering yesterday was asking about ways to make faces look a little more natural. Here's a thread from the official forums where someone was trying to do that.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=184141

That was me as K'zzz'kk, and thank you for the link. Unfortunately the process wasn't defined, and that's what I'm looking for: 'this works and here is why'. I'll trawl (not troll) youtube.

I see there's a new loot item called lockboxes which need to be opened with Cosmic Keys of Power. Other than buying them, how else can I get keys?

I realize vehicles are now in the game but am unclear what they are for' date=' consider I can already get travel powers?[/quote']

The devs have plans for vehicle missions and massive invasion scenarios for vehicles. The carrier defense mission is a trial run for this. A vehicle can spare a character the need to rank a TP above Rank 1, saving an advantage point or two. And if they fit a character concept, they can be a nice vanity toy (in the same way that mounts are in other MMOs).

I realize vehicles are now in the game but am unclear what they are for' date=' consider I can already get travel powers?[/quote']

The devs have plans for vehicle missions and massive invasion scenarios for vehicles. The carrier defense mission is a trial run for this. A vehicle can spare a character the need to rank a TP above Rank 1, saving an advantage point or two. And if they fit a character concept, they can be a nice vanity toy (in the same way that mounts are in other MMOs).

Have there been any notable changes to the setting over the past eight months or so? Significant events, plot developments, new characters introduced, old characters or groups updated?

Feel free to put data within Spoiler tags if you think that's warranted. For my part, I want the cat out of the bag. ;)

Have there been any notable changes to the setting over the past eight months or so? Significant events, plot developments, new characters introduced, old characters or groups updated?

Feel free to put data within Spoiler tags if you think that's warranted. For my part, I want the cat out of the bag. ;)

Nighthawk is now out of the shadows, and Franklin Stone was arrested for crimes that Nighthawk uncovered. Defender offered him a place on the team. There's no word on whether Stone got off, or whether Nighthawk accepted, however Nighthawk did fight along the Champions when...

...Albert Zerstoiten made his presence known and fielded a new and greatly enhanced variety of Mega-Destroyer and besieged Champions HQ. Later, Destroyer sent his forces to attempt to bring down UNTIL's sky carrier.

Nope. They're a fairly standard cash grab in modern MMOs. Best to ignore them' date=' IMO.[/quote']

If it's free-to-play they have to make money somehow, so I won't call it a cash grab myself. I see from, for example, Hover Tank Arsenal Lockbox that it contains vehicle mods. Are the vehicle mods available from other sources as well?

If it's free-to-play they have to make money somehow' date=' so I won't call it a cash grab myself. I see from, for example, Hover Tank Arsenal Lockbox that it contains vehicle mods. Are the vehicle mods available from other sources as well?

Yes, I've received lvl 1 mods as drops. You get better mods from a lockbox, though. (If you shell out for the keys, of course.)

New question: I cannot seem to form a supergroup. The people I'm trying to form it with are all people with long-existing, gold accounts, but I keep getting an error stating that new accounts cannot create, help create, or send invites for a supergroup.

Forums aren't much help here, either. Known bug? If so, what's the fix?

Stop being a new account.

My understanding is that you are a "returning" player, indicating that your account has been idle for some time. After a certain amount of time, or a server glitch (I've had to deal with it from time to time) you need to re-log playing time to no longer be considered a new account.

My recommendation for Alerts is - you play with a couple of good 40s, like Enermatrix or Thundrax - start at 15s. If you're PuGing, start around 20.

It depends on the Alert. Dockside and Soul Siphons are the easiest Smashes. Trainstopping is the easiest one to get FUBARed. If doing Recruiting Drive, take out the first mob (at the top of the stairs) and then try to kite the boss away from the rest of the mobs.

Specials are a different matter. Green Dragon is the easiest, but the VO is hard to stomach. I'd recommend mid-20 toons for Red Winter, but you can go lower if a few highbies are with you: take out the bosses and ignore the mobs. Harmon Labs is by far the hardest Special. It can chew and spit out experienced 40s (and we won't start on Gravitar).

Bosses also matter. Ciemetiere, Ao'Quopoth, and Rakshasa are the bosses most prone to causing an Alert failure.