Not being attacked by a Very Limited class of beings

Pteryx

There seem to be a lot of ways to approach this one, so I'd love to hear opinions: how would you build making it so that a particular class of being can't raise a hand against a specific character? Tigers won't attack the Tiger Princess of the Plains, for example. If it's a sapient class (say, fishermen), this wouldn't rule out indirect means of attack, potentially leading to someone affected manipulating others into attacking the character for them or attacking a DNPC instead. -- Pteryx

It really depends on how "effective" you want it to be (and what you are wanting to pacify).

PRE works for most minor cases. Especially against animals a really small amount of PRE would be enough to ensure that they were neutral towards your player (simulating say a Ranger's Peace With Nature perk or some such). If you attack the animal tho it will be able to attack back and unless you buy your PRE really high in most cases a "trained" animal would still be aggressive (although an active PRE roll with the correct modifiers applied might be enough to calm even trained attack animals.)

If you want the subject to be CATEGORICALLY UNABLE to attack the person with the power only Mind Control will suffice. And depending on the situation it might require a rather large number of dice. Buy it aoe, always on and you are good to go.

The third option is for followers and the like. They are bought with the Complication Unable to Attack master or Slavishly Loyal to the master. This is the cheapest option but only works for beings that the player payed points for. The value of this Complication is up to the GM (in many cases it would be 0 since it doesn't affect the Master who is actually paying the points).

Of course, all of the above are MY OPINIONS about how I would rule in my campaign. As always, YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...
Give a Complication to every member of the defined class preventing them from attacking.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says that works only if you're the one running the game

In this case the Palindromedary tagline is part of the Post content: This fourth option only works as a Campaing Rule, not as a power. It falls into the area of "Everyman Complications" (or "Everytiger", as the case may be).

But then again the OP sounds like a Campaign rule is what is wanted. It seems to only affect the interactions between NPC's. I guess there is no way a player will be affected by it, other then not being able to put the Tiger Princesses Guard agaisnt her.

The Complication could be Psychological in nature (but then really strong Mental Manipulation could overcome it) or Physical in Nature (wich no Mind Control can overcome).

• 4 weeks later...