How to create remotely controlled vehicle / power armor

Theros

I am going to build up character which wears Power Armor. In a case of emergency or in some other case, there should be possibility for base computer to take over control of power armor.

Then base computer should be able to use weapons, navigation and sensors of power armor in following situations:

- Fly power armor back to base or to some other place

- Fire weapons to defend suit

- Use sensor powers to observe surroundings of power armor

How that can be build?

I was thinking to create one big computer to base. Computer will combine Military Computer and Basic Computer programs etc.

How link between computer and power armor can be established? How it is possible for users of power armor to get data from base computer? What programs I need to put to base computer that it can analyze opponents weapons?

Hrm... I'd go with a Multipower slot... depending on point values it would prolly look like this:

6u - Suit Autopilot Mode - Summon one 300 pt creature; Arrives under own power, Lockout - While suit is in autopilot mode, no other powers can be used...

Then build a writeup of the suit without a pilot, give it automaton abilities and a mindlink with the base computer (base computer is bought with the character's points - not the Armor-Summon's).

Just my 2 bits

I was going to suggest Duplication, but Blue Cloud probably has a better idea with Summon.

As for link between Computer and armor, use Hi Range Radio Receive and Transmit or whatever that particular Sense is called, and have both the armor and the Computer or Base buy it. For a secure link, give the Computer the Cryptography Skills and an encryption Program. That should be plenty of security for most games I think.

There is an Analyze Skill that could be defined as analyzing weapons, and to use it the Computer probably needs an analysis Program.

When Balabanto says "Multiform" I think (I could easily be wrong) that he's thinking you need to build two versions of the Character, one with tons of Powers bought as the armor, and one without such Powers but with a lot of points in a Follower defined as the armor suit acting autonomously.

You might want to try building the character both ways (with Summon, and with Multiform) and compare them before choosing which to run with.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary agrees that I could easily be wrong.